• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

• Jordan

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • LeBron

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take out a reasonable 1 or 2 guard from any team and they will be in trouble. John Wall is a run of the mill PG. Without him, the Wiz had 4 wins, with him, they're over .500, and be honest, there were plenty of 71-69 games in the 80s and 90s as well.

Every generation has it's stars, but today's roll players are a hell of a lot better than they were then - and the stars who make them look foolish night in and night out, are better skilled as well.

Some are obviously more individually talented. But the '86 Celtics or '87 Lakers would beat the '12 Heat 100 times out of 100 in a Championship series. It would be total fucking domination.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first thing that went wrong for LeDouche, he would fold like a cheap suit and Jordan would jump on him.

LeDouche wouldn't sleep for a year straight after the verbal and physical beatdown Jordan laid on him. Lying up at night in the fetal position sucking his thumb.

Laying in the shower floor for hours in the fetal position moaning incoherently and wondering how he'd ever get over the feeling of being violated.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL he humiliated that kid.

He wasn't even trying. That little douche had the ugliest shot I've ever seen and he got lucky a couple times.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take out a reasonable 1 or 2 guard from any team and they will be in trouble. John Wall is a run of the mill PG. Without him, the Wiz had 4 wins, with him, they're over .500, and be honest, there were plenty of 71-69 games in the 80s and 90s as well.

Every generation has it's stars, but today's role players are a hell of a lot better than they were then - and the stars who make them look foolish night in and night out, are better skilled as well.

Are you serious? Most of the games I remember watching as a kid each team scored over 100 pts. Heck most of the time they were in the 110 to 120 range. I grew up watching the Lakers in So. Cal. Team play was what it was all about. Teams don't play like that anymore. John Wall is a one man team. Kyrie Irviing is a one man team. The overall talent in the league doesn't even compare to the players or teams I grew up watching. It's not even close.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sure about this statement.

Jordan, 3x steals leader
9 All Defensive 1st team selections

LBJ has 4 selections...09'-12'

Lebron is FAR superior as a defender. Jordan couldn't guard PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs, and centers......he could guard SGs, that's about it. It really isn't close.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was DPOY in 88' and a 9-time all D team?? But he was a poor defender??

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is not a FAR superior defender than Jordan.

Jordan can't guard multiple positions on the floor. In fact, I've never seen any other player guard every single position the way Lebron has.

I've also never seen a player torch Lebron like AI did Jordan, repeatedly......or Stoudamire......Jordan had a problem with small, quick guards, and that's a fact.

FAR superior. Not sure what league you guys have been watching, or if your memories of Jordan are more rosy than what ACTUALLY happened.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan can't guard multiple positions on the floor. In fact, I've never seen any other player guard every single position the way Lebron has.

I've also never seen a player torch Lebron like AI did Jordan, repeatedly......or Stoudamire......Jordan had a problem with small, quick guards, and that's a fact.

FAR superior. Not sure what league you guys have been watching, or if your memories of Jordan are more rosy than what ACTUALLY happened.

That's what I think to myself when I read your posts in this thread.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one would think, that if he is FAR superior, he woulda had at least one DPOY by now?

I think I've made my point very clear. Jordan guarded PGs and SGs. Lebron has guarded EVERY single position on the floor and shut down quite a few top end players.

Jordan has gotten torched quite a few times over his career. Lebron has yet to really get torched by anyone.

Not sure WHY this is so difficult to grasp.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I think to myself when I read your posts in this thread.

Show me what PFs, SFs, and Cs Jordan guarded in his career.

Show me ONE player that's absolutely KILLED Lebron like AI did Jordan on a regular basis. I'll wait.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree with you on the match-up, but I don't think it's as clear-cut as you think. Naturally, Lebron has a massive size advantage, and plenty of athleticism to go with it, giving him an obvious advantage.

Lemme ask ya this then, not to derail the thread er nothing, but simply, who do ya want to take the final shot?

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've made my point very clear. Jordan guarded PGs and SGs. Lebron has guarded EVERY single position on the floor and shut down quite a few top end players.

Jordan has gotten torched quite a few times over his career. Lebron has yet to really get torched by anyone.

Not sure WHY this is so difficult to grasp.

Lebron is FAR superior as a defender. Jordan couldn't guard PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs, and centers......he could guard SGs, that's about it. It really isn't close.
Not clear enough, I guess.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree with you on the match-up, but I don't think it's as clear-cut as you think. Naturally, Lebron has a massive size advantage, and plenty of athleticism to go with it, giving him an obvious advantage.

Lemme ask ya this then, not to derail the thread er nothing, but simply, who do ya want to take the final shot?

Jordan. No Doubt.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd take quite a few players over Lebron for the final shot. Jordan was a far superior shooter to Lebron.

That's really Lebron's biggest weakness. He has no go to offensive move.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not clear enough, I guess.

yeah, you clearly don't get it. I named EVERY position on the floor, meaning Jordan can't guard them all. Lebron can. Reading comprehension is a bitch, ain't it?