• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

• Jordan

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • LeBron

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron. And I LOOOOOVE MJ.

Lebron could simply back him down Barkely style and dunk on him all day. There is no way Jordan can defend him.

Jordan has a better jump shot, but Lebron can score from anywhere at any time. His size DOES make a difference, it's why nobody can guard him right now.

I think a lot of you are wrong that Lebron can't guard Jordan. Lebron routinely guards nearly every position on the floor......he is adaptable. Jordan could not guard PGs even in his prime. Damon Stoudamire and AI used to KILL Jordan. Hell in his first finals they had to put Pippen on Magic cause he lit Jordan up in Game 1.

Jordan is better offensively than Bron......but Bron is better defensively than Jordan. I'll take the big, physical better defender in Lebron all day.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a 1 on 1 half court basketball game? LeBron. The size and speed would be almost impossible for Jordan to defend.

I tend to agree except I don't think Lebron has the killer instinct that MJ does. There was lots of talk on twitter about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron could simply back him down Barkely style and dunk on him all day. There is no way Jordan can defend him.

Jordan has a better jump shot, but Lebron can score from anywhere at any time. His size DOES make a difference, it's why nobody can guard him right now.

I think a lot of you are wrong that Lebron can't guard Jordan. Lebron routinely guards nearly every position on the floor......he is adaptable. Jordan could not guard PGs even in his prime. Damon Stoudamire and AI used to KILL Jordan. Hell in his first finals they had to put Pippen on Magic cause he lit Jordan up in Game 1.

Jordan is better offensively than Bron......but Bron is better defensively than Jordan. I'll take the big, physical better defender in Lebron all day.

Not entirely sure about this statement.

Jordan, 3x steals leader
9 All Defensive 1st team selections

LBJ has 4 selections...09'-12'

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but Bron is better defensively than Jordan.

I doubt you'd find a single NBA basketball player that would agree with you on that one.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree except I don't think Lebron has the killer instinct that MJ does. There was lots of talk on twitter about this.

Oh his best bud sticking up for Jordan? Shocker. Old timers love to discount how much the overall talent in the league continues to improve.

Lebon's game is evolving, and he is probably turning into the most dangerous player ever.

As far as 1on1, close, but I have to think Jordan has trouble stopping a guy at 240 who can back him down. Lebron.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess since Lebron essentially plays 1-on-1 every game he plays, maybe purely by repetition on that style of play...that coupled with the genetic mutation that he is, maybe he'd win a few games, outta 10.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Can't even believe it's close at all; Jordan's competitive nature would turn LeBron into a sniveling, cowering weasel. Not to mention Jordan would just jump right over LeBron, if he didn't decide to cross him over and swish threes while he was laying in the paint.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Lebron. He is bigger, stronger, faster. It would be a good matchup but i think it would be easier for Lebron to score on MJ than it would be for MJ to score on Lebron because of the size matchup.

But i think the older generation is more likely to say MJ and the younger generation is more likely to say Lebron.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron got the ball first he might win 11-0. I'm not sure Jordan could stop him once. Lebron is a legit 265. He would just back Jordan down every time and dunk on him.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's size is exactly why MJ would victimize him. He'd rip him to shreds. It'd be a clinic.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is way faster than you give him credit for. There is a reason he has guarded PG's and shut him down. Jordan isn't faster than anyone he has guarded and guarded well.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is way faster than you give him credit for. There is a reason he has guarded PG's and shut him down. Jordan isn't faster than anyone he has guarded and guarded well.

I have officially heard it all.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh his best bud sticking up for Jordan? Shocker. Old timers love to discount how much the overall talent in the league continues to improve.

Lebon's game is evolving, and he is probably turning into the most dangerous player ever.

As far as 1on1, close, but I have to think Jordan has trouble stopping a guy at 240 who can back him down. Lebron.

Overall talent in the league today is a joke compared to the 80's, 90's & such. I'd take Andrew Toney in his prime against any 2 guard in the league today. He could knock down jumpshots with ease. Barkley said he was the best player on the Sixers when he arrived. When Toney got hurt the Sixers were done.

All we have to do is look at the scores of games today to know these guys can't shoot the ball. Last night the Celtics beat the Bulls 71-69 in a Snooze Fest.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you idiots think LeDouche would ever beat Jordan 1 on 1. 1 on 1 is one of Michael's greatest strengths dumbasses.

Michael would be talking before the game and the entire time during and he would be in LeBron's head immediately.

LeBron has a feeble mind. Jordan is the smartest and strongest minded competitor to ever live.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall talent in the league today is a joke compared to the 80's, 90's & such. I'd take Andrew Toney in his prime against any 2 guard in the league today. He could knock down jumpshots with ease. Barkley said he was the best player on the Sixers when he arrived. When Toney got hurt the Sixers were done.

All we have to do is look at the scores of games today to know these guys can't shoot the ball. Last night the Celtics beat the Bulls 71-69 in a Snooze Fest.

Just watch some Hardwood Classics on the NBA Channel and you'll see how much better those guys were. And they were team players who unselfishly played to win every night. It's shocking to see the speed at which those guys played. The Lakers could execute a fast break before the opposing teams fans stopped cheering about the just-made basket.

These guys now are either selfish assholes or just have absolutely zero loyalty or killer instinct. And they certainly lack team play. It's why as much as I love the NBA, I think college basketball is a much more pure team sport.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You take out a reasonable 1 or 2 guard from any team and they will be in trouble. John Wall is a run of the mill PG. Without him, the Wiz had 4 wins, with him, they're over .500, and be honest, there were plenty of 71-69 games in the 80s and 90s as well.

Every generation has it's stars, but today's role players are a hell of a lot better than they were then - and the stars who make them look foolish night in and night out, are better skilled as well.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you idiots think LeDouche would ever beat Jordan 1 on 1. 1 on 1 is one of Michael's greatest strengths dumbasses.

Michael would be talking before the game and the entire time during and he would be in LeBron's head immediately.

LeBron has a feeble mind. Jordan is the smartest and strongest minded competitor to ever live.

Yeah, Lebron would be trying to make friends with MJ while MJ ripped his balls off and stuffed them down his throat.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first thing that went wrong for LeDouche, he would fold like a cheap suit and Jordan would jump on him.

LeDouche wouldn't sleep for a year straight after the verbal and physical beatdown Jordan laid on him. Laying up at night in the fetal position sucking his thumb.