• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 and 10 shooting a whopping 42% is not good enough from the guy that many thought should have won MVP

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what we've already said :

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what we've already said :

I fucking hate the Ringer. Nobody “blamed” Jimmy Butler. They’re a bunch of metrosexual Mass Holes whose athletic careers topped out in rec ball. I can’t stand those cvnts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have something to do with his torn thumb and his broken face.
I've seen guys put on a mask with a broken nose. I can understand the thumb but he was settling way too often.

The fact is it was a bad team effort. Harden shot 40% and Doc isn't helping.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen guys put on a mask with a broken nose. I can understand the thumb but he was settling way too often.

The fact is it was a bad team effort. Harden shot 40% and Doc isn't helping.
I don’t disagree. Just not sure why you’re coming at a guy who by all rights probably shouldn’t have been on the floor but gutted it out and played through pain.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 3's from a guy that is one of the most dominant forces inside and he has a busted thumb? cmon.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 3's from a guy that is one of the most dominant forces inside and he has a busted thumb? cmon.
Did you watch the game and the way he was defended this series? There’s your answer

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree. Just not sure why you’re coming at a guy who by all rights probably shouldn’t have been on the floor but gutted it out and played through pain.
Coming at a guy? It sounds like you are taking it personal. The guy is the leader of the team. Yeah it sucks he got injured but I've seen guys gut it out with worse injuries. The fact is he lost aggressiveness against a physical team. It's not this year but we see in the playoffs from him.

Not his fault, but the guy is injury prone. Just another downfall....yep a lot of bad luck but it is what it is. You can't count on him. Everyone was blaming Ben in 2019 but he had a huge part in that loss.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Will probably end up in the HOF, but being a cancer in three out of four cities is not a good percentage.
This is a dumb take. If anything, Jimmy shows when your organization is shit. Amazing how once he comes to Miami, they’re in the conference finals 2 out of 3 years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if this were the regular season, Embiid would likely have been out ever since his face was broken and maybe longer than that because of the thumb. Seems like he took a couple of shots to the face in the last couple of games too.

My criticism is with Harden. The whole reason he was there was to pick up the slack if Embiid was having an off game or was injured. He didn't do his part.

Maybe what we saw was that he is no longer capable of that? But that's the reason he's there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Will probably end up in the HOF, but being a cancer in three out of four cities is not a good percentage.

And you wonder why you get clowned on here so much. A guy wants to do nothing but win, wants his teammates to want to win is badly as he does and you say that he's the cancer because you don't like him and you don't like the team he plays on.

Nice job. Maybe stick to junior high girls basketball takes there Aqualung.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put it all on Harden.

The Sixers lost because they weren't on the same page as a team. And Miami was.

I also think Embiid is overrated, but Harden still is much better than Simmons.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid clearly wasn't 100%. But he never is by this time of year. He is tough, but injury prone. I don't think they would ever trade him, but now would be the time to consider it IMO. He is 28 and likely to continue to get hurt. It's sad but I think there is a good chance that this was Embiid's championship window and the franchise blew it.

Yes, they should have kept Butler over Simmons/Harris. That was a bad decision. I don't think you will hear many Philly fans argue otherwise. Butler was good for Embiid in terms of toughening him up, and there seemed to be mutual respect there. But there was friction between Simmons and Butler and it seems the Sixers chose Simmons and the younger Harris, which was an enormous mistake.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries and James Harden going to give DOC more cover again??

Doc might be the luckiest coach ever if the bad game of Harden becomes the storyline again.

Some of the blame has to go to him if players don't perform to the expectations.

Doc has had Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Joel Embid, Jimmy Butler, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Ben Simmons, Paul George......and countless other high quality near star proven veteran players.

He has not made it past the 2nd round in 10 years while coaching all of these superstars.

Doc is basically Rick Carlisle, but with a hell of a lot more talented rosters than Carlisle.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty anti Doc and would like them to move on, but I don't fully blame Doc. The roster construction has been flawed. They bet on Simmons and that backfired. It's going to take at least this offseason to figure out where to go from here.

I would consider cleaning house except Tyrese Maxey. I would even consider moving Embiid due to his injury problems. Everyone else, I would definitely consider moving. This is the time to trade Tobias Harris for whatever you can to get him off the books, while his stock is pretty high after a decent playoff run. Signing Harden to any extension whatsoever would be a mistake. If you have to keep him one more year because he signs his option, so be it, but no extension.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cancer in Chicago? Meh, he was starting to evolve and learn how to be a leader.
Minny? That organization was a mess at the time, they had talent.
Philly? Well Ben is gone now, we saw who the real cancer was there. I think Jimmy and Embiid would have been nasty. It's too bad that didn't workout but too bad they didn't trade Ben before.

You could say cancer in Minny and that's it but like I said the organization was a mess.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden added to his playoff legacy last night. Yet another bad game for him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries and James Harden going to give DOC more cover again??

Doc might be the luckiest coach ever if the bad game of Harden becomes the storyline again.

Some of the blame has to go to him if players don't perform to the expectations.

Doc has had Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Joel Embid, Jimmy Butler, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Ben Simmons, Paul George......and countless other high quality near star proven veteran players.

He has not made it past the 2nd round in 10 years while coaching all of these superstars.

Doc is basically Rick Carlisle, but with a hell of a lot more talented rosters than Carlisle.
Top 15!