• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing, I feel bad for Danny Green. Not just because of the injury obviously, but given his age and the severity, there's a good chance that might have ended his career.
Yeah that sucked. At the very least it totally fucked his summer. Looked awful too so long term is a question.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is blasphemy but I’m saying it anyway. I could be talked into letting Harden opt out and walk, trade Embiid when he has his most value, wait out Tobi expiring and build around Maxey. Not sure you can ever deliver a healthy Embiid to the playoffs.

Hey Heat fans,
Hope you don’t mind that we turn this thread into the Sixers off season thread. We should continue to wear the shame of this thread all off season.

Go right ahead. We are moving on to bigger and better things

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is blasphemy but I’m saying it anyway. I could be talked into letting Harden opt out and walk, trade Embiid when he has his most value, wait out Tobi expiring and build around Maxey. Not sure you can ever deliver a healthy Embiid to the playoffs.

Hey Heat fans,
Hope you don’t mind that we turn this thread into the Sixers off season thread. We should continue to wear the shame of this thread all off season.
Embiid could just sit for most of the exhibition season. Start playing in april and then he's fresh for the playoffs.

Also letting harden walk is fine. We should have had ben simmons killed instead of trading him but none of you fucking losers wanted to do that, you wanted value in return VALUE.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair having your coach say "we are just going to play basketball " probably isn't the guiding hand the group needs to deal with James.
I'd like to see them bring in a tougher coach.
The risk is losing the locker room, but the players have gotten softer under Brown/Rivers.
Went from bully ball to complacency.
Need someone to reignite that fire.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them bring in a tougher coach.
The risk is losing the locker room, but the players have gotten softer under Brown/Rivers.
Went from bully ball to complacency.
Need someone to reignite that fire.

Yea. Not sure who that is but this group doesn't have a KG to push everyone else. Embiid is obviously the closest to that but he obviously doesn't quite have their ear.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy doesn’t learn from his mistakes. One year later and throwing teammates under the bus again after a playoff loss.

Yea. Just say that shit to him behind closed doors. You aren't going to win James over that way.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy doesn’t learn from his mistakes. One year later and throwing teammates under the bus again after a playoff loss.
"Our season is over because James Harden is so great"

You're thinking like a soft bitch, ducky.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. Not sure who that is but this group doesn't have a KG to push everyone else. Embiid is obviously the closest to that but he obviously doesn't quite have their ear.
The fans will want Jay Wright, but I honestly don't think he's interested.
The popular name is Mike D'Antoni because of Morey, but that doesn't do much for me.

I want to know how much our offensive and defensive assistant coaches contribute to the overall gameplan and whether or not Doc allows/dismisses what they say. Might have to jettison the whole group instead of handing it over to say Cassell or Joerger.

I would start looking at the teams in the playoffs and whether or not any of their assistant coaches would be interested.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid could just sit for most of the exhibition season. Start playing in april and then he's fresh for the playoffs.

Also letting harden walk is fine. We should have had ben simmons killed instead of trading him but none of you fucking losers wanted to do that, you wanted value in return VALUE.
FWIW, I don't think the problem is Harden.

It's building some semblance of an offensive system around what Harden can do and trying to be as efficient as possible.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20220513-073947_Chrome.jpg

Embiid was tripped. No call. Falls into danny greens knee. The nba laughs...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I don't think the problem is Harden.

It's building some semblance of an offensive system around what Harden can do and trying to be as efficient as possible.

This. He obviously has his faults but when you have two guys like Harden and Joel who are both extremely ball dominant someone has to play referee on what that looks like.