• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami has to respect that Harden can still shoot like that, which he hasn't shown us before.

Sag off, he can hit threes.
Get close and he can still get by for a contested 2/foul or kick out for an open three against the help defender.
Clearly last night was Harden’s best as a Sixer but for everybody bagging on him, there really wasn’t that much of a difference from the Harden we’ve seen. But there’s two big differences. When Embiid was getting special attention and they were denying the ball up top Harden took it upon himself to close. We haven’t seen that guy yet. That guy came out because of the other thing that was different. The step back was dropping. He shot 6-10 from 3 this time out. Because it was falling he kept shooting.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers now 2-0 when I have Covid. Back to school tomorrow as long as I’m symptom free. However, if the Sixers find themselves down again in the series, I am ready to take one for the team and start licking railings.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers now 2-0 when I have Covid. Back to school tomorrow as long as I’m symptom free. However, if the Sixers find themselves down again in the series, I am ready to take one for the team and start licking railings.

Clearly they were winning one for the gipper there.

Were u mentioned in the locker room by chance?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why this guy is different and why he’s the real MVP and why this series didn’t start until he took the floor.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ragged on Danny Green lost a step all season. I was front and center on trade him in the Harden deal. I’m gonna eat my crow. He’s just a playoffs player. Some guys are just cut that way. Dude has been around winners and if this team does anything he’s gonna be a part of why they accomplish shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Herro on the road this series
9/27 and 3/12 from 3. Makes you wonder if Bubble Herro ever happens if there are people there.

And can we talk about Spo putting training wheels on Bam? It’s clear that he’s using his minutes now to get him run in all the non-Embiid minutes to get his production out of him. Sixers were still +3 in non-Embiid minutes last night (shout out to the Paul Reed Victory Tour).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Spo has been making a lot of defensive adjustments, actually, they just haven't been working well.

On offense, I think Miami is limited by talent and injuries. This is simply not a very dynamic offensive team and when they are missing 3s they don't have much to fall back on.

Miami's good offensive players besides Jimmy Buckets and maybe Oladipo are all liabilities defensively. Bam is not a good offensive player, and he and the other Heat forwards are seemingly getting tired and frustrated having to defend bigger guys all game long. They are drawing a lot of fouls and it is taking them out of their game on the other side of the floor. Strus, Adebayo etc all getting into foul trouble early.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly last night was Harden’s best as a Sixer but for everybody bagging on him, there really wasn’t that much of a difference from the Harden we’ve seen. But there’s two big differences. When Embiid was getting special attention and they were denying the ball up top Harden took it upon himself to close. We haven’t seen that guy yet. That guy came out because of the other thing that was different. The step back was dropping. He shot 6-10 from 3 this time out. Because it was falling he kept shooting.

Yeah, Harden is still not very comfortable catching and shooting his 3. He seems to need the stepback to get into a rhythm. Last night was the most comfortable I have seen him in terms of letting his 3 fly. That's a very good sign but he still seems to lack lift and quickness in terms of his drives to the hoop.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ragged on Danny Green lost a step all season. I was front and center on trade him in the Harden deal. I’m gonna eat my crow. He’s just a playoffs player. Some guys are just cut that way. Dude has been around winners and if this team does anything he’s gonna be a part of why they accomplish shit.

He looks as good right now as he has ever looked as a Sixer, which is shocking. Playoff Danny Green is pretty darn good and gives us a solid starting 5 that is as good on paper as anyone still in these playoffs. But the bench scoring is a big problem. We are still getting almost nothing other than Niang.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Spo has been making a lot of defensive adjustments, actually, they just haven't been working well.

On offense, I think Miami is limited by talent and injuries. This is simply not a very dynamic offensive team and when they are missing 3s they don't have much to fall back on.

Miami's good offensive players besides Jimmy Buckets and maybe Oladipo are all liabilities defensively. Bam is not a good offensive player, and he and the other Heat forwards are seemingly getting tired and frustrated having to defend bigger guys all game long. They are drawing a lot of fouls and it is taking them out of their game on the other side of the floor. Strus, Adebayo etc all getting into foul trouble early.
Good point. Spo is the King of the Junk Defenses. That term is misleading because it sounds negative but I don’t mean it that way. He gives you looks that you haven’t seen before and it really gives his team an advantage when they embrace that identity like they have. I’ll be very glad to see more orthodox approaches to how the Sixers get played.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks as good right now as he has ever looked as a Sixer, which is shocking. Playoff Danny Green is pretty darn good and gives us a solid starting 5 that is as good on paper as anyone still in these playoffs. But the bench scoring is a big problem. We are still getting almost nothing other than Niang.
I don’t care how the points come as long as they come. Makes you wonder what if when comes to Danny Green’s injury in the Hawks series.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bam is definitely getting exposed a little these playoffs on the offensive side. Still one of the best in the league on the D end but I gotta agree I like Mobley and JJJ upside better.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this gives Jo Jo even more motivation

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam is definitely getting exposed a little these playoffs on the offensive side. Still one of the best in the league on the D end but I gotta agree I like Mobley and JJJ upside better.
Not the day to rag on Bam. Had a slow start to the playoffs but pretty good since. Had 1 bad game offensively since game 3 of the hawks series. He showed up big time last night. Without the nonsense calls in the 3rd, he was heading for a 25/10 type of night