• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 8) Portland Trailblazers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cakewalk... for us? lol. I don't even wanna hear you talk about cakewalk lmao

I have always said Houston is their best challenge, but watching their defense the last two games is brutal. THe Spurs are the opposite, they dont have much depth, Kawhi is a freak but has to takeover games now and their offense doesn't look in sync. With the Warriors roster it SHOULD be a cake walk and the odds greatly favor GS.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always said Houston is their best challenge, but watching their defense the last two games is brutal. THe Spurs are the opposite, they dont have much depth, Kawhi is a freak but has to takeover games now and their offense doesn't look in sync. With the Warriors roster it SHOULD be a cake walk and the odds greatly favor GS.

But it's not a cakewalk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not a cakewalk

Dude...you play Utah or the Clippers (without Blake) that isn't much tougher than Toronto. I do like the way Utah is playing but they are no real threat.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...you play Utah or the Clippers (without Blake) that isn't much tougher than Toronto. I do like the way Utah is playing but they are no real threat.

Dude... those teams are tougher than anyone you will play in the 2nd round. lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Not now that Blake is out.

The Jazz are a really tough team. Even if both teams were at full strength, I'd much rather play the Clippers.

I would take the Jazz over any team in the East other than the Cavs. That's how good I think they are. They play really solid basketball, and have and cover almost everything you could need from a team. Play-makers? Yes. Shooters? Yep. Defense? Definitely. Rebounding? Yup.

They check all the boxes. Experience is the only thing they don't have.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... those teams are tougher than anyone you will play in the 2nd round. lol

Uhh no LMAO. The Clippers without Blake are not better than Toronto (when playing good), Washington, Boston (when playing good), shit even Milwaukee and LA would be a good series. Utah, is a pretty underrated good team but a couple teams in the East are equals. Now SA and Houston are better teams but they sure as hell aren't playing like it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz are a really tough team. Even if both teams were at full strength, I'd much rather play the Clippers.

I would take the Jazz over any team in the East other than the Cavs. That's how good I think they are. They play really solid basketball, and have and cover almost everything you could need from a team. Play-makers? Yes. Shooters? Yep. Defense? Definitely. Rebounding? Yup.

yeah I agree but EXPERIENCE is a huge thing. I mean it's the reason why the Clippers are even in that series, ohh and Chris Paul lol. Lack of experience can get you through one round, maybe two if you get a good matchup but it is just a different game. All that being said, Utah is an underrated team I just don't see them taking down GS. GS would probably win in 5.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I agree but EXPERIENCE is a huge thing. I mean it's the reason why the Clippers are even in that series, ohh and Chris Paul lol. Lack of experience can get you through one round, maybe two if you get a good matchup but it is just a different game. All that being said, Utah is an underrated team I just don't see them taking down GS. GS would probably win in 5.

Both Utah and Memphis are the two teams that would bother GS the most, imo. By bother, I mean it would force the Warriors to have to play a great 48 minutes against each team because of how they control the tempo and the boards.

The Spurs would be a greater overall challenge, but the Spurs now play a similar brand of up and down basketball that the Warriors play. The Spurs might be on a game and just kill the GS. Then the next night the opposite occurs. Against the Jazz and Grizzlies, you're going to have to grind out every minute on the court.

5 games against the Jazz would be more taxing than say 6 against the Rockets.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
things are breaking there way

Griffin is out-- and Gobert- if he plays- will not be 100% because of his knee.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Utah and Memphis are the two teams that would bother GS the most, imo. By bother, I mean it would force the Warriors to have to play a great 48 minutes against each team because of how they control the tempo and the boards.

The Spurs would be a greater overall challenge, but the Spurs now play a similar brand of up and down basketball that the Warriors play. The Spurs might be on a game and just kill the GS. Then the next night the opposite occurs. Against the Jazz and Grizzlies, you're going to have to grind out every minute on the court.

the Spurs just have no higher level to raise their game when the playoffs start.

Give Pop a ton of credit- he has them playing great ball during the regular season-

its just common practice that teams step it up a lil bit when the playoffs start- it at least seems that way to me ESPECIALLY with the Cavs--- but the Spurs just dont seem to have that "playoff" gear that other teams have sinc they are playing at such a high level all the time....

if a regular team plays at 80% of their postseason effort during the regular season- Spurs are closer to 95% and just have no where to go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I agree. I just don't think they have enough offense to beat GS, they could take them 6 games at the most IMO. Memphis is not pushing a series 7 starting Vince Carter and James Ennis lol. It is surprising they are playing so good without Parsons (sucks anyway) and Allen but they play incredible 1-on-1 defense and team defense.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed man. Funny how it's only the cavs fans that disagree

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Spurs just have no higher level to raise their game when the playoffs start.

Give Pop a ton of credit- he has them playing great ball during the regular season-

its just common practice that teams step it up a lil bit when the playoffs start- it at least seems that way to me ESPECIALLY with the Cavs--- but the Spurs just dont seem to have that "playoff" gear that other teams have sinc they are playing at such a high level all the time....

if a regular team plays at 80% of their postseason effort during the regular season- Spurs are closer to 95% and just have no where to go.

I agree, just the Spurs present a matchup problem to the Warriors. The pure skill of Aldridge and Gasol present a lot of problems. Draymond can only guard one of them and both are really dynamic high post players and shooters.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, just the Spurs present a matchup problem to the Warriors. The pure skill of Aldridge and Gasol present a lot of problems. Draymond can only guard one of them and both are really dynamic high post players and shooters.

Spurs>>>>> anyone in the east

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't a discussion of matchups though. Jazz may be a tougher matchup for the Warriors specifically, but thats not relevant to "The Warriors will play someone better than the Cavs in the 2nd round".

I'd honestly take the Jazz over the Raps in a heartbeat. At any rate, its at least close enough that I disagree that the Warriors will face the better opponent in the 2nd round.