• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 8) Portland Trailblazers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a discussion of matchups though. Jazz may be a tougher matchup for the Warriors specifically, but thats not relevant to "The Warriors will play someone better than the Cavs in the 2nd round".

I'd honestly take the Jazz over the Raps in a heartbeat. At any rate, its at least close enough that I disagree that the Warriors will face the better opponent in the 2nd round.

I'd take the Raps based mostly off team construction and how they score their points, but I get what you're saying.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me Boston or the wizards are better than the spurs? Please tell me you're trolling

I was being sarcastic. Of course the Spurs are better than anyone in the East.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz are a really tough team. Even if both teams were at full strength, I'd much rather play the Clippers.

I would take the Jazz over any team in the East other than the Cavs. That's how good I think they are. They play really solid basketball, and have and cover almost everything you could need from a team. Play-makers? Yes. Shooters? Yep. Defense? Definitely. Rebounding? Yup.

They check all the boxes. Experience is the only thing they don't have.
This is exactly why I said they would beat the Clips. The Clippers would be a better match up for the Dubs (even with Blake).

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better just to rest Durant and Kerr. They won't be able to rest for long. The West gets tougher. The East stays Lame however

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better just to rest Durant and Kerr. They won't be able to rest for long. The West gets tougher. The East stays Lame however

Kerr already said he won't coach tonight.
He was just there to get their input and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Durant will more than likely sit tonight even if he's 100%....although I wouldn't be surprised to see him come off the bench. He can be the perfect decoy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kerr factor is a bit tricky. I don't think Kerr's coming back for the playoffs. Luckily for the Dubs, Kerr's laid the ground work and the culture for this team for Mike Brown to walk into - so he should only have to focus on the defensive play calling and hope his assistants bail him out on the offensive side. Kerr will be their for practices and film sessions from what I've heard. The really concerning aspect though is the in-game adjustments, which are definitely going to take a hit, as well as relating to players - particularly Green and Curry. The Splash bros. respect Kerr because he's of the same mold as him. The Green factor is going to be another interesting one because I'm not sure of what type of relationship Green has with Mike Brown.

Kerr is actually not very good at in game adjustments. He is an excellent big picture guy, but I think in game he gets exposed sometimes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr is actually not very good at in game adjustments. He is an excellent big picture guy, but I think in game he gets exposed sometimes.

You're correct. I completely forgot about the Finals. Big picture it's my understanding that he'll still be part of that process in terms of film sessions and practice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct. I completely forgot about the Finals. Big picture it's my understanding that he'll still be part of that process in terms of film sessions and practice.

I would say it could be a best case scenario, in all honesty.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Portland wins game 4. Giving Blazer fans just more heart ache knowing the team should have won game 3 and this series should then be tied with a game 4 victory. Then only to get our hopes up for a chance to steal game 5 then get beat by 30 points in game 5 in Oakland. Finally putting an end to this headache of a season and giving us hope for next year to build around CJ, Dame and Nurkic.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah looks like I'll be calling it an early night lol