• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 8) Portland Trailblazers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only smart to make fun of someone's defense when the stats prove that they're bad. Not when they're the best in the league

Do you really expect logic and reason from Cavs fans?!? Really?!?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warrior bigs are BETTER than last years' bigs. When healthy, the bench is actually deeper with the addition of Barnes and the emergence of Clark.

On the next "Shaqtin' A Fool"...Shaq apologizes to JaVale McGee and gives him a lifetime exemption from future Shaqtin' A Fool episodes.

Remember when virtually everyone, myself included, thought that in obtaining KD, the Warriors gave up too much of their bench and that it could cost them in the playoffs or finals?

I guess someone forgot to tell that to the Warriors bench. lol

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my reasoning is because of the many years of frustration watching my teams be below average while teams I don't like(Lakers, Giants, Pats, Broncos, Warriors) have been winning titles. It's been almost 20 years since 1 team I like has even made a WS/SB/NBA finals, not including teams like the Spurs or Packers who I've rooted for because of a certain player. I like the NBA but I wouldn't consider myself a die hard fan where I watch any game on when I have the chance. I can read about/hear about/watch the highlights of the Warriors being crowned NBA champions without having to watch the final game. Sports are great but when the teams you love suck all the time it takes away some of the enjoyment, at least for me it does.

Fair enough

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the next "Shaqtin' A Fool"...Shaq apologizes to JaVale McGee and gives him a lifetime exemption from future Shaqtin' A Fool episodes.

Remember when virtually everyone, myself included, thought that in obtaining KD, the Warriors gave up too much of their bench and that it could cost them in the playoffs or finals?

I guess someone forgot to tell that to the Warriors bench. lol

With the emergence of McCaw and Clark's improved play, along with the points about the Dubs' bigs that @tlance pointed out, the Warriors might have a better bench this year then last.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really expect logic and reason from Cavs fans?!? Really?!?

It's funny that you've lumped every Cavs fan into the same category because of wiggy & lbj23. And to look @ things in a different way there are plenty of people on this site always talking shit about that team. So how is what wiggy &lbj23 do any different than the people that have daily nonstop issues w/ that team? I think both sides are fucking annoying.

:trash: (let's get ready to get ready!!!)

:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you've lumped every Cavs fan into the same category because of wiggy & lbj23. And to look @ things in a different way there are plenty of people on this site always talking shit about that team. So how is what wiggy &lbj23 do any different than the people that have daily nonstop issues w/ that team? I think both sides are fucking annoying.

:trash: (let's get ready to get ready!!!)

:D

You know that comment I was responding to was from shane, right?

So that covers all 3 Cavs fans on here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that comment I was responding to was from shane, right?

I gotta say I'm disappointed that you weren't responding to wiggy. You better step yer game up! And how the hell do I keep losing my battle w/ cottonmouth Saturday & Sunday mornings? I'm tellin' ya this nonsense is really starting to piss me off.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I'm disappointed that you weren't responding to wiggy. You better step yer game up! And how the hell do I keep losing my battle w/ cottonmouth Saturday & Sunday mornings? I'm tellin' ya this nonsense is really starting to piss me off.

The day is young. I'm sure Wiggy will be along to post something stupid soon enough. lol

As for the cottonmouth...lots of coffee in the morning and iced tea and water the rest of the day helps. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day is young. I'm sure Wiggy will be along to post something stupid soon enough. lol

As for the cottonmouth...lots of coffee in the morning and iced tea and water the rest of the day helps. lol

Expecting wiggy to go wack & pucker up to kiss LeBron's rear end is a given. No coffee for me though (that shit's nasty) but great call on the iced tea. I just gotta refreshing glass of that stuff.

:kermit:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr out for rest of round 1 at least

Serious question, do coaches that are out for a game watch on TV and call in at halftime and give advice? How about other breaks like timeouts or quarter breaks?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the emergence of McCaw and Clark's improved play, along with the points about the Dubs' bigs that @tlance pointed out, the Warriors might have a better bench this year then last.

Man imagine if the warriors didn't sell there 2nd round pick to Milwaukee? They could of had Malcolm brogdan as well

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, do coaches that are out for a game watch on TV and call in at halftime and give advice? How about other breaks like timeouts or quarter breaks?

I don't think its against the rules since he's not suspended so I think he probably does IMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure they communicate at halftime. I don't think any of the other breaks are long enough to make it worthwhile, even with the extended TV timeouts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only smart to make fun of someone's defense when the stats prove that they're bad. Not when they're the best in the league

Well didnt Portland shoot like 54% in the 1st half. Yeah that's what I thought. They did the same thing as Cleveland had a great 2nd half, I wasnt surprised.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. That bench is stepping up. Clark LOVES playing the Blazers, probably bc they suck on defense lol. Portland put up a fight though

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All they did was re-adjust to the all the other team's adjustments to them....

Sounds easy, but it isn't. It takes a keen eye, great coaching, and an even better scouting dept.
Having players more than willing to buy into evolving concepts to do what it takes also helps.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they communicate at halftime. I don't think any of the other breaks are long enough to make it worthwhile, even with the extended TV timeouts.

They discuss things and strategies at length during pre game. I'm pretty sure they may be in contact w/ 1 or 2 of the assistant coaches at halftime to relay their thoughts & info to the acting head coach if needed. Most of the time the confidence is already there via their pre game discussions where they allow them to focus and have their own imprint without adding more input.