• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 8) Portland Trailblazers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm aware of that unfortunate tragic event...but let's stay focused on this game and series.

It's one reason he never backed down from MJ and actually brawled with him. Tough as nails.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck would you do that? Seriously?
Why would I not want to watch the same finals series for the 3rd straight season that'll probably end with a team I can't stand winning it all? :noidea:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @WiggyRuss maybe KD is a little soft...but this team is definitely not. We all know how this movie ends...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I not want to watch the same finals series for the 3rd straight season that'll probably end with a team I can't stand winning it all? :noidea:

Yeah, you're right, watching epic top level basketball teams play legendary matchups in the sport you love is a waste of time. Good call.

scsc.gif

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...how many dunks did Iggy have tonight?
He finished with 16 pts.
Were all 5 of his FG's from dunks??

And I've never seen him shoot FT's better either.
Dude went 6 of 7 from the FT line.
Usually he's like 50% on a good day.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the postgame on NBA TV Iggy is wearing some elf looking cap, and Dray is wearing a hoodie covered in marijuana leaves. LOL

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're right, watching epic top level basketball teams play legendary matchups in the sport you love is a waste of time. Good call.

scsc.gif
It's not a waste of time, I'd just rather not watch another team I strongly dislike win a championship. They're great teams and it could lead to great games, I'm not denying that. If one of the games is an instant classic I can watch it when it re-airs. I still enjoy the NBA(although the lack of parity at the top annoys me), choosing to not watch the 2nd sequal of this movie franchise doesn't change that.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a waste of time, I'd just rather not watch another team I strongly dislike win a championship. They're great teams and it could lead to great games, I'm not denying that. If one of the games is an instant classic I can watch it when it re-airs. I still enjoy the NBA(although the lack of parity at the top annoys me), choosing to not watch the 2nd sequal of this movie franchise doesn't change that.

There was never parity at the top and you are acting like you wouldn't watch the 90s Bulls in the Finals because you hated the Bulls and they were always there. And those constant Lakers Celtics Finals in the 80s? BORING. Why watch the best ever play? You are making perfect sense.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was never parity at the top and you are acting like you wouldn't watch the 90s Bulls in the Finals because you hated the Bulls and they were always there. And those constant Lakers Celtics Finals in the 80s? BORING. Why watch the best ever play? You are making perfect sense.
I don't dislike the Bulls, so it'd be easier to enjoy their multiple finals matchups. I get that there's been plenty of years without parity and having rematches in the finals is nothing new, that doesn't mean I like it that way. I'd rather watch fresh matchups instead of the same 2 or 3 teams always there no matter how good they are, I don't get why it's a problem for me to feel that way.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike the Bulls, so it'd be easier to enjoy their multiple finals matchups. I get that there's been plenty of years without parity and having rematches in the finals is nothing new, that doesn't mean I like it that way. I'd rather watch fresh matchups instead of the same 2 or 3 teams always there no matter how good they are, I don't get why it's a problem for me to feel that way.

because it goes against the grain of what loving sports is all about?? I think most of us here would say that they love the sport before they love the team...or maybe that's just me, i dunno. I love the Steelers, but I'm not going to miss the superbowl because the Patriots are in it yet again (and I hate them more than the devil himself). What's the point of even following the regular season and playoffs if you aren't going to take in the crowning of a champion?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it goes against the grain of what loving sports is all about?? I think most of us here would say that they love the sport before they love the team...or maybe that's just me, i dunno. I love the Steelers, but I'm not going to miss the superbowl because the Patriots are in it yet again (and I hate them more than the devil himself). What's the point of even following the regular season and playoffs if you aren't going to take in the crowning of a champion?
Maybe my reasoning is because of the many years of frustration watching my teams be below average while teams I don't like(Lakers, Giants, Pats, Broncos, Warriors) have been winning titles. It's been almost 20 years since 1 team I like has even made a WS/SB/NBA finals, not including teams like the Spurs or Packers who I've rooted for because of a certain player. I like the NBA but I wouldn't consider myself a die hard fan where I watch any game on when I have the chance. I can read about/hear about/watch the highlights of the Warriors being crowned NBA champions without having to watch the final game. Sports are great but when the teams you love suck all the time it takes away some of the enjoyment, at least for me it does.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr out for rest of round 1 at least

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's "fried" or "done" as what wiggy says

I said before the season that the Warriors assortment of bigs was as good as last years' because of their ability to defend in space compared to Bogut and Ezeli. Wiggy tried to crush me for it. I never counted on McGee playing like this. The Warrior bigs are BETTER than last years' bigs. When healthy, the bench is actually deeper with the addition of Barnes and the emergence of Clark.

Forget the regular season wins record. This year's squad is better than last year's even without KD. MCGee brings an element that they never had before.