• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #1 Clemson @ Syracuse 7:30 PM (EST)

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Syracuse was looking ahead last week and that this should be a good game. Lawrence got off to a rough start with two terrible throws.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Orange... Things

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful throw! Finally. Also, how impressive is it that Amari Rodgers tore his ACL in March and is already back and scoring TDs?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Herbie getting his Lifetime Alumni Award from tOSU... .... ....

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful throw! Finally. Also, how impressive is it that Amari Rodgers tore his ACL in March and is already back and scoring TDs?

I remember when I torn ACL in season meant you would struggle to get back in time for camp...in August.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I torn ACL in season meant you would struggle to get back in time for camp...in August.

Yeah, I think the estimated recovery time after surgery is something like a year. I really thought he'd take the medical redshirt and not come back this year.

Etienne being down isn't good.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd really think that now that his kids play for the man, Kirk would learn to pronounce Dabo Swinney right. But apparently not.

Clemson's defense is playing great. Looks like Syracuse will have -10 rushing yards for the first quarter and 19 total yards after three possessions. Devito is running for his life.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most obvious PI I've ever seen.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson doesn't have a WR on the roster that doesn't make that catch....

Is it better to not make the catch when you commit two fouls though?

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson doesn't have a WR on the roster that doesn't make that catch....

Is it better to not make the catch when you commit two fouls though?

I was wondering about that myself. Kirk kept running his mouth about the drop, but was ignoring that it was coming back no matter what.

Also, Clemson's D line seems discombobulated this drive.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just once, I'd like a punter who's not complete shit. And I'd like Lawrence to stop being a headcase and play like we all know he can.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering about that myself. Kirk kept running his mouth about the drop, but was ignoring that it was coming back no matter what.

Also, Clemson's D line seems discombobulated this drive.

In his defense, it was a pretty egregious drop. You can't play #1 and compete with shit like that.

Your D-Line is like our O-Line, it is a work in progress, neither is going to look like this come November or so.

Regardless, there is going to be no repeat of last year, the talent gap is too wide.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, it was a pretty egregious drop. You can't play #1 and compete with shit like that.

Your D-Line is like our O-Line, it is a work in progress, neither is going to look like this come November or so.

Regardless, there is going to be no repeat of last year, the talent gap is too wide.

What do you mean?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, don't get all testy, I was referring to Syracuse.

I know the loss was 2 years ago, but last year was close too, this one won't be in the end.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re in Daylight Savings time, dunce!!

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, don't get all testy, I was referring to Syracuse.

No, I genuinely didn't understand what you meant. I didn't know if you meant this game, the championship, or if you don't think Clemson or Bama will make it there (they do look beatable ATM). Now I do. Yeah, I agree on that. Clemson's clearly much better and Devito is decent but is not Dungey. But it is irritating that Lawrence is taking so long to find his footing this year, that the punter is so bad (I realize it could be our kicker which would be worse) and that the defensive front 7 are making silly mental errors. But I am spoiled. Even those guys last year played like freshmen at one time.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I genuinely didn't understand what you meant. I didn't know if you meant this game, the championship, or if you don't think Clemson or Bama will make it there (they do look beatable ATM). Now I do. Yeah, I agree on that. Clemson's clearly much better and Devito is decent but is not Dungey. But it is irritating that Lawrence is taking so long to find his footing this year, that the punter is so bad (I realize it could be our kicker which would be worse) and that the defensive front 7 are making silly mental errors. But I am spoiled. Even those guys last year played like freshmen at one time.

Yes, you are spoiled, welcome to the club. Sometimes I think the Super Soph is the worst...they didn't know what they couldn't or shouldn't do as Freshmen, now they have a level of cocky. Lawrence though is probably suffering from distractionitess...last year he was through the better part of the year before the casual folks on campus knew who he was, now he is a straight up rock star. He is probably struggling to keep all his shit together in his daily, which changes his gameday. Last year he spent the first couple of games wondering if he was going to get to play. and probably not sweating too much what the answer was.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if we both make the playoffs either, clearly you have a better shot, because I don't think there is anyone in Clemson's class in the ACC. I think we have a better than 50% shot. Plenty of football to play yet though. I'm ready for round 5.