• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit Series Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nhl stats say brendan smith only gave away the puck 1 time last night

Detroit Red Wings at Chicago Blackhawks Game Boxscore - 05/15/2013

i'm calling bs on that one. i counted at least 3 times on one shift alone

I think the stats people who chart the game were as fixated on the Hawks show as the Wings players were, so they must have missed some of those turnovers between those bits of hypnosis. But, I thought that I was watching Kapek's "Rur" when I was seeing how our players moved harmoniously in tempoed lulls, as though they saw King Kong in the building.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the Wings are all fresh and rested up, now that they had a day off to sleep in their own beds, eat home cooking and pretty much just contemplate the Bengazi and IRS issues. After all, that travel back and forth to the West Coast is a killer. Good thing the Wings are moving to the Eastern Conference next year. No more lame excuses about the travel schedule affecting their play.

Should see a better effort tomorrow afternoon. Oh wait, it's a noon game CDT. Not sure the Wings like to play in the afternoon. The time also affects their play.

Can't wait for the game to start.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you are getting lame excuses from. Every Wings fan on the board admitted we got out butts kicked fair and square last game. I predicted before the series began that the Hawks would win in 5. I'm beginning to think it could be over in 4.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you are getting lame excuses from. Every Wings fan on the board admitted we got out butts kicked fair and square last game. I predicted before the series began that the Hawks would win in 5. I'm beginning to think it could be over in 4.

:tsk:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was leaning towards 6 games because most of the games this season were extremely competitive.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this time of year, when guys like Drew Sharp, Mitch Albom and the like come out of the woodwork giving their detailed analysis of the Red Wings, knowing full well they've covered them for about the last week, and now they're experts. :rollseyes:

How Drew Dumbass Sharp still has a job is beyond me, he's almost as clueless as Rob Parker...

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HeleneStJames
Mike Babcock says if Drew Miller can play, he will in be in lineup for Game 2.

@HeleneStJames
Drew Miller says he's viable option for Game 2. Broken hand from 4 weeks ago nearly healed. #RedWings

and just for you ww...

@asktheduffer
Babcock's mesage to #redwings fans: "Settle down. We'll be OK."

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HeleneStJames
Mike Babcock says if Drew Miller can play, he will in be in lineup for Game 2.

@HeleneStJames
Drew Miller says he's viable option for Game 2. Broken hand from 4 weeks ago nearly healed. #RedWings

and just for you ww...

@asktheduffer
Babcock's mesage to #redwings fans: "Settle down. We'll be OK."

*hyperventilating* ok, Mike....ok....:D

That's good news about Miller.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this time of year, when guys like Drew Sharp, Mitch Albom and the like come out of the woodwork giving their detailed analysis of the Red Wings, knowing full well they've covered them for about the last week, and now they're experts. :rollseyes:

How Drew Dumbass Sharp still has a job is beyond me, he's almost as clueless as Rob Parker...

To be fair he has been busy writing Wednesdays with morry

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the latest reports, Drew Miller WILL play Saturday, although he admits he doesn't feel 100%. Sitting for the Wings will be Todd Bertuzzi or Patrick Eaves, it's reported.

Victor Stalberg still wearing the white "fifth line" jersey at practice today. Although previously reported that Stalberg was upset because he wasn't getting enough power play time, both Coach Quenneville and Stalberg vehemently denied that was the case. But Stalberg admitted that Coach Q wants him "to produce more and be more effective".

I don't know, but the Hawks third line of Bickell, Shaw and Stalberg dominated in the Wild series and probably for the last 1/3 of the season. And Q wasn't happy with that? All Stalberg did was setup Bickell for the OT winner in Game 1 with a perfect saucer pass and Stalberg was a +2 in the series.

Dave Bolland returned on Wednesday from a long "upper body injury" layoff and Q played him at center on the third line, moving Shaw to a wing and Stalberg out. I like Shaw, he's a gritty player, but he's undersized and skates poorly. Just watch how many times he falls on the ice. Bolland is a player Q loves, but me not so much. He's not that good in the faceoff dot, he takes stupid penalties at bad times, he doesn't score much. Upside is he's usually very good defensively and seems to up his play in the playoffs the past three years.

I don't know. If I'm coaching, which I'm not, I still have Stalberg in the lineup. He's the fastest skater on both teams. You could plug him in on the fourth line with Kruger and Frolik, which gives you three really fast skaters and physical players as well. It also gives you flexibility to shuffle some of the lines if things start to go sour. But Q is in love with Daniel Carcillo for some reason, and he won't sit CarBomb. Pretty sure Q thinks Carcillo adds a physical presence, but in this series he doesn't need it.

Good luck to both teams Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, I have to work until about 1 PM so I will be listening on the radio and should catch the last half of the game.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Wings fans owe me money. I bet on the Hawks in vcash and whoever I bet on generally losses

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 Result

DETROIT WINS GAME TWO 4-1

DETROIT TIES THE SERIES 1-1

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That extra day off was huge for the Wings. Complete 180 from game 1.