• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit Series Thread

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ For Perry to have given Howard hamstring problems, wouldn't Perry have had to gotten by Howard at least once?

OHHHHHHHH

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still say it was Perry and all his kicking of Howard in the last round.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what if Howard can't go? That would be two series in a row the Hawks would be facing the backup goalie. How weird.

Schlegs commented about Babcock changing lineups on the fly. Well, if you haven't noticed, Quenneville will also do that when the matchups don't seem to be favoring the Hawks. Look for Kane to skate with Toews and Hossa/Sharp at times. Handzus is penciled in as the second line center, but if that line doesn't work look for Dave Bolland to step up.

Rumors piling up in Chicago that Q will bench Viktor Stalberg in Game 1. He has been wearing the dreaded white sweater in practice. Bolland predicted to start at third line center with Bickell and Shaw. Another change might be adding Ben Smith on the fourth line with Carcillo/Bollig a healthy scratch.

Personally, I don't see what was wrong with Stalberg in the Wild series. He made a great pass to Bickell for the OT winner in Game 1. His speed is unparalleled to any Wings or Hawks player. I think they need to play Stalberg. After all, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

It will be interesting to see if the Hawks come out cautious (ie, timid) in the opening half of the first period. Rust or just a feeling out period? Or will the Hawks throw the kitchen sink at the Wings right off the bat?

Q unhappy in the press about the performance of his team in Round 1. Says they need to skate with more purpose at all times and not take shifts off. Q said he watched the other games and they all played with greater intensity shift in and shift out. Somehow I don't see that all out play by the Wings or the Hawks. There will be lows and highs as to the intensity, but these teams know each other so well there won't be all out bursts throughout.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think if Fedorov can regain his scoring touch and Mike Vernon can stand on his head the Wings have a good shot. But that all depends on if Belfour is fully over his groin injury and if Roenick can keep his wits about him and not get suckered into taking retalitation penalties.

Belfour? Tony O

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for those pregame warmups. They seem to be detrimental to goalies health.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Gustavsson

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHLonTSN: DET/CHI Notes: May 15, 1926 - Detroit, Chicago and New York Rangers awarded franchises.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bill_Roose

Tonight's Game 1 of the WCSF will be the 800th all-time meeting between the #RedWings and #Blackhawks.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to not love this guy, lol...
“Chicago’s a great city,” began Babcock. “They’ve got great players. They’ve got five D who are flat-out great skaters. They’ve got a captain [Jonathan Toews] who’s a real good human being and a great leader. They’ve got lots of skill and good depth. They’re well-organized. The national anthem is fun. Good uniforms.They’re got nice restaurants. It’s a good spot. We’ll have a good time. We got a lot of reasons to be excited about playing them.”

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HeleneStJames

Hearing Mikael Samuelsson out tonight, Cory Emmerton back in so 4th L would be Bertuzzi-Emmerton-Eaves. #RedWings

Mikael Samuelsson says pectoral muscle injury re-aggravated, day-to-day

@JohnNiyo

Stalberg out for Chicago tonight. Coach's decision, Quenneville says. Bolland in.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twitterverse rumor RE: Stalberg is that he was complaining about PP time?

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twitterverse rumor RE: Stalberg is that he was complaining about PP time?

Hey, the Hawks were like 2 for 17 on the power play in Round 1 (and one was a 5 on 3 goal). And it was very middle of the pack-ish during the regular season.

If I was Stalberg, I'd complain about not being on the power play as well. Q's dropping the ball on this one. He only gave Stalberg about a minute of power play time the entire Wild series. But Q will play Daniel Carcillo, who is a liability offensively, defensively and a hockey dope (ie instigates, and takes bad penalties)...but he'll bench THE fastest guy on either team in Stalberg.

Nice time to send a message Q. Personally, put it beside yourselves and let Stally play.

If I have my choice between Stalberg and Bolland, I pick Stalberg. Bolland is way overrated. Terrible in the faceoff dot, a liability on the penalty kill, can't score on the power play. The only things he adds is a defensive pressure presence. And breaking up the line that is the most productive in Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg makes no sense to me either. The Hawks third line has been their best line the latter 1/3 of the season and in the first round of the playoffs. Responsible defensively and tons of offensive zone time.

And Q could have had it both ways. He could have made Carcillo a healthy scratch and used Bolland AND Stalberg.

Not sure at all what Q is thinking. Aside from tonight's benching, Stalberg is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. Almost guaranteed he won't be back because with his speed he will demand a LOT of money, which the Hawks don't have.

Hawks, when they offered Bolland HIS big contract, should have given the money to Andrew Ladd instead. But Bowman Jr decided to give it to Bolland, who first of all can't stay healthy and second of all can't deliver any kind of offensive numbers he had in juniors. In a sad way, I hope Bolland sustains yet another of his gazillion lower body injuries late in Game 1 and he sits again.

As you can tell, he's not my favorite player. :wtf2:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stalberg's game and wouldn't mind it one bit if Feaster landed him in the off-season (provided the price is right of course)