• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit Series Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS GO REDDDDDDDDD WINGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I only posted that gentle reminder in case Puck got confused again. :rolleyes:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 Result

CHICAGO WINS GAME ONE 4-1

CHICAGO LEADS THE SERIES 1-0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bert will be quite useless in this series; he's entirely too slow for the quickness that the Hawks possess, both with their hands and their feet - it doesn't matter how big he is, unless Mike asks him to plop his sorry ass in front of Crawford to assist in intruding on his visibility. But, if the play transitions in the other direction, he's a liability because by the time he gets back into the play, the Hawks might just a well be on a PP for the first 20 seconds in our zone, primarily because of an attitude deficiency with this guy, where he will have no thought of immediacy, but, instead, take his sweet old time joining the defensive support, which, by the way, would be a new concept for him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Unfortunately, for the Wings, Helm being unavailable greatly hurts our chances to advance, since he would be one of the difference makers in this series. With his speed, the Hawks dmen would have to be more honest by having to regularly stay in closer proximity to the blue line, when they're in our end, where a few of their backend guys, at times, tend to pinch down to add to the offensive pressure in the opponents end. It generally adds to the matchups being more in your favor when you can add more speed to the personnel, when you face an opponent that overmatches you in quickness. The Hawks dominated in getting quicker to the puck, and the pocket-picking category because so many of them have quick hands. In those two places, we were very overmatched, especially in the 3rd period when, as a team, we turned off the "being physical" switch

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stalberg's game and wouldn't mind it one bit if Feaster landed him in the off-season (provided the price is right of course)

5 mil, 1st, and 3rd round picks? Plus you have to put him on waivers :laugh3:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 mil, 1st, and 3rd round picks? Plus you have to put him on waivers :laugh3:

Man, Feaster dodged a major bullet, didn't he? Is he the guy to lead the re-build in Calgary? This year's entry draft is obviously very important.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time that I was aware Bertuzzi was on the ice last night was when they flashed him skating around before going to commercial. Otherwise, I would never have guessed he played.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Feaster dodged a major bullet, didn't he? Is he the guy to lead the re-build in Calgary? This year's entry draft is obviously very important.

I think they would have found some loophole, but that whole situation looked bad. I hope for your sake he is capable of turning it around.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Language NSFW)

[YOUTUBE]ep-xgd_eETE[/YOUTUBE]

Posted for Wings fans not to lose hope. However, the line "What's this layin' around shit?" seems appropriate to the Red Wing players who just stand and watch the puck get passed around by the other team in our zone. :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
(Language NSFW)

[YOUTUBE]ep-xgd_eETE[/YOUTUBE]

Posted for Wings fans not to lose hope. However, the line "What's this layin' around shit?" seems appropriate to the Red Wing players who just stand and watch the puck get passed around by the other team in our zone. :L

That's why during the game I asked if someone could remove the lawn chair from our end.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bert will be quite useless in this series; he's entirely too slow for the quickness that the Hawks possess, both with their hands and their feet - it doesn't matter how big he is, unless Mike asks him to plop his sorry ass in front of Crawford to assist in intruding on his visibility. But, if the play transitions in the other direction, he's a liability because by the time he gets back into the play, the Hawks might just a well be on a PP for the first 20 seconds in our zone, primarily because of an attitude deficiency with this guy, where he will have no thought of immediacy, but, instead, take his sweet old time joining the defensive support, which, by the way, would be a new concept for him.

i would love to see tootoo inserted into the lineup. very underrated skater and provides some toughness