• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Boston Celtics vs 8) Chicago Bulls

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a joke is that Lebron doesn't feel like playing defense until mid-April like the rest of the NBA.

You'd think he'd want to dominate all season to be one of the greatest like the greats before him did.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stevens is one of the best in the league. I'd take him over Lue anyday--- well- if LeBron liked him. lol.

Celtics are a tough team. They have the mental toughness you need in the playoffs--- i just dont think they have the high-end talent that any real playoff contender needs.

I gotta think if the Bulls had Taj Gibson and a healthy Rondo they mightve been able to get this to a Game 7- or even have won---- but shit happens.

Obviously Rondo was huge playing D on Thomas those first 2 games. We'll never know, but I know defense can fuck up alot of good offense.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a joke that Lebron has not been on the all NBA 1st or 2nd team defense the last 2 years? Made the 2nd team 3 years ago though.

Last 4 minutes in the 4th quarter he's a beast on D.

Defensive awards go to the best defensive players on great defensive teams, and they are position based.

Does anyone really think CP3 (first team all-defense last year) is a better defender than LeBron? Its just not a good criteria for whether or not someone is "one of the best defensive players in the league".

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive awards go to the best defensive players on great defensive teams, and they are position based.

Does anyone really think CP3 (first team all-defense last year) is a better defender than LeBron? Its just not a good criteria for whether or not someone is "one of the best defensive players in the league".

:L CP3 is a guard. Lebron is a forward.

Maybe Cleveland would be a great defensive team IF their leader played defense outside the 4th quarter throughout the season.

There's a reason why Gary Payton, KG, Kobe, and MJ have 9 all NBA 1st team defense awards. Duncan and Pippen have 8.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Cleveland would be a great defensive team IF their leader played defense outside the 4th quarter throughout the season.

There's a reason why Gary Payton, KG, Kobe, and MJ have 9 all NBA 1st team defense awards. Duncan and Pippen have 8.
I dont blame LeBron for not going 1000% every single game.

I mean- he is 32 and has already played more games than Jordan did in his entire career. His work load has been immense- and if not for his freak athleticism and unparalleled work ethic along with scientific advances he might have broke down by now- but knock on wood- he has never suffered a major injury in his entire career.

Right now he has 5 Defensive First teams, and 1 defensive 2nd team. I mean- thats not exactly chopped liver.

10 all NBA First Teams, and 2 All NBA 2nd teams --- thats more All NBA teams than Jordan already.-- and of course add an 11th first team this year

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. That was exactly my point.

The defensive teams are position based. So saying that someone "isn't one of the best defensive players players in the league" based on the defensive team selections is a bad idea.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame LeBron for not going 1000% every single game.

I mean- he is 32 and has already played more games than Jordan did in his entire career. His work load has been immense- and if not for his freak athleticism and unparalleled work ethic along with scientific advances he might have broke down by now- but knock on wood- he has never suffered a major injury in his entire career.

Right now he has 5 Defensive First teams, and 1 defensive 2nd team. I mean- thats not exactly chopped liver.

10 all NBA First Teams, and 2 All NBA 2nd teams --- thats more All NBA teams than Jordan already.-- and of course add an 11th first team this year

Not going 100% every game. Sounds like Randy Moss or Terrell Owens. Great WRs, but no Jerry Rice.

Lebron just has to play legit defense to be on the NBA all defense 1st or 2nd team. He's doesn't even sniff it apparently. So yeah go after the rings all you want - just know part of your legacy is you played D when you felt like it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. That was exactly my point.

The defensive teams are position based. So saying that someone "isn't one of the best defensive players players in the league" based on the defensive team selections is a bad idea.

So why are Paul George and Kwani Leonard on the 1st and 2nd all NBA defense team over Lebron?

Because the Pacers D is better than the Cavs? That's sad

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lebron has played more seasons and has 4 less all NBA 1st team awards than Jordan and Lebron hasn't sniff the award in 3 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going 100% every game. Sounds like Randy Moss or Terrell Owens. Great WRs, but no Jerry Rice.

Lebron just has to play legit defense to be on the NBA all defense 1st or 2nd team. He's doesn't even sniff it apparently. So yeah go after the rings all you want - just know part of your legacy is you played D when you felt like it.
so you are saying a guy with 5 defensive first teams, and 1 defensive 2nd team- plays defense only "when he feels like it"

all right...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And team defense is why the players get individual defensive awards. :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you are saying a guy with 5 defensive first teams, and 1 defensive 2nd team- plays defense only "when he feels like it"

all right...

When was the last time he won a defensive award? 3 years ago. WHY is that? Because he doesn't play D now until mid-April. You just said so yourself -- "I don't blame Lebron for not going 1000%"

How can the best defensive player in the league or even close to, not get individual defensive awards?

Cleveland homer answer: "Because the team defense isn't that good"

But the Pacers team D was.. :lol:

I love the Lebron homers...

The entire NBA hardly plays D until the playoffs. This is no secret

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And team defense is why the players get individual defensive awards. :L
yah i avtually think thats pretty accurate for the most part.

no matter how good you are defensively- i think you are much less likely to get an award if the overall team defense is crappy ----

if you have a great team defense- i think that players on that team will be rewarded....i think thats a huge factor.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i avtually think thats pretty accurate for the most part.

no matter how good you are defensively- i think you are much less likely to get an award if the overall team defense is crappy ----

if you have a great team defense- i think that players on that team will be rewarded....i think thats a huge factor.

:lol:

Cleveland's team D was crappy because their leader didn't play D until now. Hows that Defense look right now? Stout. WHY is that? :idea:

Follow the leader. Always been that way Wiggy

Don't sit here and tell me the Pacers D was awesome and that's why Paul George got the award over Lebron.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lebron has played more seasons and has 4 less all NBA 1st team awards than Jordan and Lebron hasn't sniff the award in 3 years.

If LeBron was a guard, he'd have 10+.

Jordan is probably the better defender relative to his position. LeBron is the more versatile defender, just due to his size and athleticism.

Both are all-time greats defensively.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. We all know when Lebron wants to flip the switch on offense or defense, he's a monster. But why not bring it consistently your whole career? All season?

Different era? Cramps? Not enough superstars on the team?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron was a guard, he'd have 10+.

Jordan is probably the better defender relative to his position. LeBron is the more versatile defender, just due to his size and athleticism.

Both are all-time greats defensively.

If I had tits I'd never leave the house.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time he won a defensive award? 3 years ago. WHY is that? Because he doesn't play D now until mid-April. You just said so yourself -- "I don't blame Lebron for not going 1000%"

How can the best defensive player in the league or even close to, not get individual defensive awards?

Cleveland homer answer: "Because the team defense isn't that good"

But the Pacers team D was.. :lol:

Umm... the Pacers had the #3 ranked defense last year (the year PG13 made 2nd team all-defense).

This year, the Pacers are #16... and guess what... PG13 won't make the team. Is it because his defensive ability has suddenly changed??? You're helping me prove my point.