• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Boston Celtics vs 8) Chicago Bulls

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a 76ers fan, I've got to say that I am thrilled that the Celtics are down 0-2. As unlikely as it may be, I'd really love to see a sweep.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a 76ers fan, I've got to say that I am thrilled that the Celtics are down 0-2. As unlikely as it may be, I'd really love to see a sweep.

Considering they lost the first 2 at home and now have to go to Chicago, it may not be as unlikely as you think.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they lost the first 2 at home and now have to go to Chicago, it may not be as unlikely as you think.
They'll win one in Chicago if for no other reason than to prolong my agony.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange because the Celtics seem to have all the pieces necessary to be an excellent team, but we saw all throughout the regular season that they would often lose to inferior teams.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange because the Celtics seem to have all the pieces necessary to be an excellent team, but we saw all throughout the regular season that they would often lose to inferior teams.

LOL, what?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics massively overachieved this season. They have a .500 roster. Isaiah is about to be a 30 year old 5'9 PG. This is why they should have gone after Butler at the deadline. This was their window to do something.

Reactions: TJL

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, what?

They're not the Warriors, Cavs, or Spurs, but Boston's got a pretty stout roster. However, something is missing with the Celtics. Maybe Isaiah Thomas is a defensive liability, but his offense seems to more than make up for it. Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk are nice players, but maybe Boston's front court players are just not good enough despite the addition of arguably the second biggest prize from last offseason's free agency.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not the Warriors, Cavs, or Spurs, but Boston's got a pretty stout roster. However, something is missing with the Celtics. Maybe Isaiah Thomas is a defensive liability, but his offense seems to more than make up for it. Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk are nice players, but maybe Boston's front court players are just not good enough despite the addition of arguably the second biggest prize from last offseason's free agency.

I think we are seeing why there were not alot of teams chasing Horford.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics massively overachieved this season. They have a .500 roster. Isaiah is about to be a 30 year old 5'9 PG. This is why they should have gone after Butler at the deadline. This was their window to do something.

I don't think saying they have a .500 roster is accurate -- they've won 57% of their games the last 3 years. Their problem is that they don't have a star player, no matter how many points IT accounts for, which means their ceiling is basically making the ECF (but probably not even that high). They also benefit from playing in the Eastern Conference and playing in a division with 3 of the worst teams in the league. Even if you put them in the West, I think they'd win more than 41 games.

IT just turned 28. I don't think that qualifies as "about to be 30." He won't be 30 for another 22 months.

Anyway, I agree they should have gone after Butler. He'd instantly be the best player on their team and they might have been able to steal a few games from Cleveland (although they still wouldn't have won) this year and maybe build on something for next year in case LeBron wears down at all (not sure that would happen). Oh well. I'm glad they screwed it up.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade can hold up physically, the Bulls may be able to turn some heads in the late rounds.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they had the most assets in the league too. Picks, etc... You name it. What a fail from Ainge.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens complaining they need to stretch the floor better, but yet he still has Olynyk off the bench. His big man rotations have been a problem for a while now. I hope he's not regressing as a coach because I really believe in him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see great defense making a huge difference like it has in previous years, yes they can play better but do you really see anyone having great defenders to stop Curry, Klay and KD. You have to play the best defense possible and still won't stop them but most importantly your offense has to be running at a VERY high level and there are two teams that have that kind of offense...Houston and Cleveland now San Antonio is just a different kind of team but they seem to struggle against GS

Houston has no shot against GS. Their offense is elite, but it plays directly into the strengths of the Warrior D. Did anybody watch the last time this two teams played? Golden State is capable of shutting down the Rockets 3 point game and contesting everything At the rim. If Houston somehow gets past SA, they will get swept by Golden State.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston has no shot against GS. Their offense is elite, but it plays directly into the strengths of the Warrior D. Did anybody watch the last time this two teams played? Golden State is capable of shutting down the Rockets 3 point game and contesting everything At the rim. If Houston somehow gets past SA, they will get swept by Golden State.

Yep, Houston is basically trying to play the Warriors' game but they don't have quite as much talent to pull it off, especially defensively.

So I'm hoping they somehow take out the Spurs because that's an easier matchup for the Ws.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a sweep if they meet but I do agree that SA has a better chance at upsetting the Dubs than Houston does.

And most here will argue that reg season games are frivolous...but what we've learned from the Hou/GS reg season series is that GS knows how to play Houston - and most importantly - they know how to play Harden.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Houston is basically trying to play the Warriors' game but they don't have quite as much talent to pull it off, especially defensively.

So I'm hoping they somehow take out the Spurs because that's an easier matchup for the Ws.
Based on match ups I think Houston can beat SA...not sure SA back court can keep up with Houston's guards.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll win one in Chicago if for no other reason than to prolong my agony.
Psssh....they are going back to bean town tied at 2.

sam-cassell-testicle-dance-o.gif

n6wbgg.gif

ballsinelli.gif

#MeccaOfTheBiggestBalls

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a sweep if they meet but I do agree that SA has a better chance at upsetting the Dubs than Houston does.

And most here will argue that reg season games are frivolous...but what we've learned from the Hou/GS reg season series is that GS knows how to play Houston - and most importantly - they know how to play Harden.
That's because Houston is a poor man's Warriors.

Scratch that...

A skid row version of the Warriors...lol

Allow me to steal a quote that Matt Barnes said a while back.....

Houston trying to win a shoot out with the Warriors, is like showing up to a gun fight with a plastic spoon.