• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Boston Celtics vs 8) Chicago Bulls

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. I hate to pull the "it's my team, I know best" crap, but I've watched about 78 Celtics games this year start to finish. I'm telling you. The holes are more than Butler or George can fill, to contend at least. And that is why I think the team will look drastically different next year, and that was always the plan. The intent was never to win with the current Celtics team and add ONE player.

Bingo.

I mean what I am about to say with no disrespect to the Celtics. They have had a great season and I think everyone involved has done their jobs really well, front office, coaching staff, players all the way down the line.

The Celtics may be the worst #1 seed of all time. 53 wins normally makes you a 3 seed. Nobody stepped up and took control when the Cavs started swooning. The Celtics would be the 4 seed in the West based on record, but if they played a West schedule, it would probably be more like 6 or 7.

Seriously though, when was the last time 12 games separated 1 and 8? Danny Ainge was correct not to mortgage his future assets. As good as George and Butler are, they are not beating Golden State or San Antonio with that roster. If they could have dealt this year's pick + Smart, then sure. But, that wasn't the asking price. Ainge knows what he is doing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Domino Motherfucker!!

7edS1s.gif

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to get home, get moved this weekend and watch some playoff basketball...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from me.

I, and others, have stated, AD NASEUM, that nobody in the East can beat the Cavs.

They could be the 5th seed and they still make the finals.

I'm confident that Miami would have eliminated Cleveland in the playoffs -- but unfortunately we'll never know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no one said that last year.The Cavs were playing championship caliber defense last year.

You're now stooping to just making shit up to try to convince yourself that there's nothing wrong with the Cavs defense.

Were they playing championship caliber defense the when they were down 3-1? I agree it was better team defense but we are still in the first round and lets be honest I really don't think they are taking the Pacers seriously, I mean if they are in a close game down the stretch we see the defense come out. I look forward to seeing better defense next series and if we don't then we will start worrying.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see great defense making a huge difference like it has in previous years, yes they can play better but do you really see anyone having great defenders to stop Curry, Klay and KD. You have to play the best defense possible and still won't stop them but most importantly your offense has to be running at a VERY high level and there are two teams that have that kind of offense...Houston and Cleveland now San Antonio is just a different kind of team but they seem to struggle against GS

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they playing championship caliber defense the when they were down 3-1?

Not as good as the last 3 games, but not bad either (and definitely better than this year. They gave up 103 points per game in the first 4 games last year which was only 5 points more than they gave in the regular season and only 4 points per game more than they ended up giving up for the entire series.

This year, they gave up an average of 107 points per game in the regular season and have given up an average of 110 points per game to the #7 seed.

lets be honest I really don't think they are taking the Pacers seriously, I mean if they are in a close game down the stretch we see the defense come out.

This excuse is stupid, lame and old. And no, we haven't seen the better defense come out late in close games. They are giving up an average of 28.5 points in the 4th quarter. The only reason they aren't sitting at 1-1 or possibly even 0-2 is because the Pacers have made mistakes (like missing guys wide open under the basket or not getting the ball to PG-13 late in close games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see great defense making a huge difference like it has in previous years, yes they can play better but do you really see anyone having great defenders to stop Curry, Klay and KD. You have to play the best defense possible and still won't stop them but most importantly your offense has to be running at a VERY high level and there are two teams that have that kind of offense...Houston and Cleveland now San Antonio is just a different kind of team but they seem to struggle against GS
the personnel is practically identical. All these people with their panties in a bunch fail to realize that. Its basically the same core team with some changes on the edges of the rotations.

Shumpert, Smith, LeBron, Thompson etc. didnt forget how to play defense. They have dealt with injuries, guys in and out of the lineup- lack of continuity.

Its a great point- down 3-1 who was talkinga bout their D? lol.

the Cavs were 12-2 in the East last year, 12-2 the year before. I dont think they go 12-2 this year- but its more because the East is somewhat improved as opposed to there is a problem.

but we shall see who is right soon enough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N. The only reason they aren't sitting at 1-1 or possibly even 0-2 is because the Pacers have made mistakes (like missing guys wide open under the basket or not getting the ball to PG-13 late in close games.

gotta say- you get the honorary DUMBEST POST OF THE DAY for this one.

could be down 0-2? :lol::pound::pound::pound:

really? playing that game? gmafb

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see great defense making a huge difference like it has in previous years, yes they can play better but do you really see anyone having great defenders to stop Curry, Klay and KD.

Then you really don't know much about basketball. Last year they held the Warriors to 99 points per game in the finals. That same Warriors team averaged 115 points per game in the regular season and 112 points per game in the playoffs.

Houston plays no defense (and still only gave 2 points per game more than the Cavs). The Warriors and Spurs both play defense. The Warriors were ranked 11th in the league in points allowed per game and the Spurs were 2nd in the league in points allowed per game.

So yeah, I'd say that if the Cavs want to repeat, they are going to have to pick up their defensive play significantly.

But hey, keep telling yourself that the defense is juuuuuust fine.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say- you get the honorary DUMBEST POST OF THE DAY for this one.

could be down 0-2? :lol::pound::pound::pound:

really? playing that game? gmafb

Yes, they could be easily be down 0-2. I guess you didn't see the game and watch the 15 point 4th quarter lead disappear.

But hey, your post actually gets the Wiggyruss Stupidest Post of the Day Award out of the way early. So congrats. :clap:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they could be easily be down 0-2. I guess you didn't see the game and watch the 15 point 4th quarter lead disappear.

But hey, your post actually gets the Wiggyruss Stupidest Post of the Day Award out of the way early. So congrats. :clap:
if you think that LeBron JAmes- who has won 19 straight 1st round games could "easily be down 0-2" you have some serious brain damage.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the personnel is practically identical. All these people with their panties in a bunch fail to realize that. Its basically the same core team with some changes on the edges of the rotations.

That same personnel that gave up an average of 98.3 points per game in the regular season and got even a little better in the playoffs, has given up an average of 107 points per game this season and 110 points per game in the playoffs to the #7 seed.

But hey, that defense is doing just great. :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This excuse is stupid, lame and old. And no, we haven't seen the better defense come out late in close games. They are giving up an average of 28.5 points in the 4th quarter. The only reason they aren't sitting at 1-1 or possibly even 0-2 is because the Pacers have made mistakes (like missing guys wide open under the basket or not getting the ball to PG-13 late in close games.

It's not an excuse, if you watch the games you see it for yourself. Talk about excuses. Yep the 8 seed is not getting beat they are beating themselves. You are trying way to hard :pound:

I see you used one example out of the whole series where the play never happened and you have no clue what the outcome would have been LOL Nice try