• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-0

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of warts. I’d say make good use of the bye week but well, yah know.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame didn't play great but this was as trap game that they avoided. I get it wasn't as pretty as one might like but it was a new coach and a new team so it was difficult to know how they were going to utilize players as last year's Louisville coaches were terrible and this will be a better team. I still think they lose to Georgia but I do think it will be a competitive game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates on Jafar Armstrong? It was the middle of the third quarter before I realized he hadn’t been playing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we played amazing.......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame didn't play great but this was as trap game that they avoided. I get it wasn't as pretty as one might like but it was a new coach and a new team so it was difficult to know how they were going to utilize players as last year's Louisville coaches were terrible and this will be a better team. I still think they lose to Georgia but I do think it will be a competitive game.

Finally a positive fan.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates on Jafar Armstrong? It was the middle of the third quarter before I realized he hadn’t been playing.

Some sort of groin injury I’m hearing. Not sure of specifics or extent of it.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how your opener can be considered a “trap” game.

I might allow that they didn’t scout them properly (which isn’t a great excuse but credit to Lea for adjusting the game plan).

But that was not a very satisfying 18 point win. Too many mistakes and Book seemed really panicked for some reason.

Louisville has improved but they had nowhere to go but up. They still lack a lot of talent.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sloppy game.

There were a ton of questions about Louisville going into this game. Head coach having to fill a lot of holes in a lot of spots that didn't have good athletes in them. Switching systems of offense and completely switching out the coaching staff. No previous tape to watch really, and 8 months of scheming time to prepare for ND at home and to get the team to come out and play a game they knew no one expected them to win as tough as they could.

ND shot themselves in the foot a lot in the first 1/2. Pretty much played exclusively man coverage in the first couple of series. And way over pursued multiple times. Some of the more senior players I thought actually did worse than some of the first year starters. Which I didn't expect at all. Once Lea made the change to play more zone coverage and put Gillman on the prowl, that ended a lot of the Cardinals options. Would be interesting to see what the score would have been without all the turnovers. Make no mistake Louisville shot themselves in the foot way too many times.

On offense there are just so many frustrations. All of those 3rd and very short distances and couldn't scheme a way to get 1 or 2 yards to convert, against an opponent that we way over matched. There is simply no excuse for that. On average we had 50 lbs on our offense line vs their D line. And we had more experience than they did also. Seriously there is no reason those shouldn't have been picked up.

Ian Book................ I just don't get it. Yes he is very accurate on 8 to 12 yard throws. But until even into the 3rd quarter he had more yards with his legs than he did with his arm. And most of the yards he had with his arm came in yards after catch, not from his throws. And most of his reads weren't all that good. I just don't get why having a high completion percentage on easy throws is the end all be all of having a starting QB. Because that is the only positive he has brought to the position. Hopefully he improves on the season.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how your opener can be considered a “trap” game.

I might allow that they didn’t scout them properly (which isn’t a great excuse but credit to Lea for adjusting the game plan).

But that was not a very satisfying 18 point win. Too many mistakes and Book seemed really panicked for some reason.

Louisville has improved but they had nowhere to go but up. They still lack a lot of talent.

Well Louisville were 2-10 last year and with Georgia looming it is easily a game they could overlook as an easy win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Louisville were 2-10 last year and with Georgia looming it is easily a game they could overlook as an easy win.

Road games on the road to start the season are usually challenging. There is a reason lots of the big boys start with a weak ass opponent or a neutral site game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tell me I can expect an equally shitty performance against NM I’m gonna be pissed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tell me I can expect an equally shitty performance against NM I’m gonna be pissed

It isn't that serious. A bad W is better than a bad L

No need to overreact.

They have a bye week and game film so they know what they need to improve.

The world isn't ending.

I'll say it again, there is a reason most top 25 teams don't start their season with a true road game. It is typically challenging and not a 30 or 40 point win that you would get at home.

Wisconsin was the only top 25 team with a true road game who won by an absurd margin

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't that serious. A bad W is better than a bad L

No need to overreact.

They have a bye week and game film so they know what they need to improve.

The world isn't ending.

I'll say it again, there is a reason most top 25 teams don't start their season with a true road game. It is typically challenging and not a 30 or 40 point win that you would get at home.

Wisconsin was the only top 25 team with a true road game who won by an absurd margin

It’s Notre Dame football. There is always a need to overreact.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road games on the road to start the season are usually challenging. There is a reason lots of the big boys start with a weak ass opponent or a neutral site game.
This ^, many teams in Week 1 even when playing a weak ass opponent even struggled in the 1st Q. Alabama struggled with Duke in the 1st, same with Clemson in the 1st. It's just reality. Great win for ND, got a nice bye week coming up and hopefully rolling New Mexico, then getting prepared for Georgia.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our outside run defense is a certain kind of cheese that comes from a certain country.

Granted only watched the 1st drives

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our outside run defense is a certain kind of cheese that comes from a certain country.

Granted only watched the 1st drives

It got better after the first 2 drives. Tackling wast still poor