• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-0

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up the roster once tonight. I thought we had Levin Kirkland playing LB. It was 55- Paea lol. I was like that's the biggest damn LB I've ever seen.

Penalty on Collins ??? What did you think? I don't think he knew Eli threw the ball.
It was legit. They're gonna protect the QB and if Dak was tossed like that I'm guessing you'd call for the flag.
Both teams got favorable calls and non-calls. I'd say Dallas came out ahead with them.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up the roster once tonight. I thought we had Levin Kirkland playing LB. It was 55- Paea lol. I was like that's the biggest damn LB I've ever seen.

Penalty on Collins ??? What did you think? I don't think he knew Eli threw the ball.
I think it was a bad call. Especially considering JPP did essentially the same thing on a Dak knockdown and no call.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched the condensed version of the game on Game Pass. Score could have been a lot worse. Giants corners got away with several interferences and holds. Notably, the Brice Butler slant play up 6-0 on 3rd down that Eli Apple "broke up," he grabbed Butler's hips before the ball got there. An easy call the refs missed that would have put them in FG range but instead they had to punt. We know about the PI call on Jenkins that many people think was questionable that set up 1st and goal and the eventual TD, but there were two more obvious PI calls missed on Jenkins that would have set up first and goal both times. I'm very satisfied with 19-3 win but it should have been more and would have been if Giants corners didn't get away with murder.

Also, Jaylon Smith forced a fumble and Lee had a clear recovery on replay, but for some reason they gave the ball back to the Giants and wouldn't even let Garrett challenge because apparently they blew the play dead even though they really didn't. Giants got a gift there.

Last edited:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It wasnt dez's fault on those overthrows. Man some just have a fukin ax to grind against dez. Just enjoy the win!!

Several key throws to him were not on target at all. One was a TD. I love me some Dak, but he did not deserve on of those game balls.

FWIW, I think Lee should have gotten one and not Smith.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched the condensed version of the game on Game Pass. Score could have been a lot worse. Giants corners got away with several interferences and holds. Notably, the Brice Butler slant play up 6-0 on 3rd down that Eli Apple "broke up," he grabbed Butler's hips before the ball got there. An easy call the refs missed that would have put them in FG range but instead they had to punt. We know about the PI call on Jenkins that many people think was questionable that set up 1st and goal and the eventual TD, but there were two more obvious PI calls missed on Jenkins that would have set up first and goal both times. I'm very satisfied with 19-3 win but it should have been more and would have been if Giants corners didn't get away with murder.

Also, Jaylon Smith forced a fumble and Lee had a clear recovery on replay, but for some reason they gave the ball back to the Giants and wouldn't even let Garrett challenge because apparently they blew the play dead even though they really didn't. Giants got a gift there.

Thanks for the recap. I would like to see it again too. I hope it is shown again.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was legit. They're gonna protect the QB and if Dak was tossed like that I'm guessing you'd call for the flag.
Both teams got favorable calls and non-calls. I'd say Dallas came out ahead with them.

I usually don't say much about the officials but I just thought that was a little sympathy call for Eli. He was falling all night before our guys hit him and would then complain his head was touched. As soon as they don't sling these Qbs down though is when the Big Bens, etc will withstand the blow and throw a bomb for a TD.

Giants are getting roasted this morning.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several key throws to him were not on target at all. One was a TD. I love me some Dak, but he did not deserve on of those game balls.

FWIW, I think Lee should have gotten one and not Smith.

Yes, not sure how Lee didn't get one. He was awesome last night. I enjoyed hearing Jaylon speak though.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, not sure how Lee didn't get one. He was awesome last night. I enjoyed hearing Jaylon speak though.

That kid is something special and about as humble as could be. I get goose bumps thinking about how he will be for this team. I heard him in an interview and he said that his brother is his inspiration.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear if Eli signed the locker room wall again?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a dominant effort. Defense was great on all 3 levels. Sean Lee is just incredible. If healthy he is a lock to be a perennial All Pro. Penalties at the brink of FG range hurt and could have cost us if the game was closer. Not running the ball on first and goal from the 2 1/2 drove me crazy. Scandrick getting injured again is concerning. But overall a great week 1. I felt very confident coming into this game and even more so with OBJ out, but didn't expect this type of total domination, especially form the defense. Jeff Heath, please accept my apologies...at least for now:suds:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea DEZ should not have got one. Lee was a beast as always!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea DEZ should not have got one. Lee was a beast as always!!
Wait, are you saying Dez got a game ball over Sean Lee? Did Garrett watch a different game than me?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Sean Lee seems like the type that would say to Garrett don't give me a game ball, give it to someone else. Sean Lee is Sean Lee, he's a captain, we know he's a beast. Another guy though, maybe they're not as confident or level headed. Maybe giving the game ball to one of those guys gives them that confidence boost, helps keep them in the right place mentally.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, are you saying Dez got a game ball over Sean Lee? Did Garrett watch a different game than me?

I thought they were referring to the Sunday Night Crew game balls, where they go on the side of the bus. Jaylon, Dak, Witten got them. Now Garrett does give game balls and awards after the game. Not sure if Dez got one oh those or not.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant fans think putting your hands on receivers when the ball is in the air is not a PI. Jenkins PI on Dez was close but not in any way a horrible call. Jenkins put his hands on Dez right shoulder twice with the ball in the air.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant fans think putting your hands on receivers when the ball is in the air is not a PI. Jenkins PI on Dez was close but not in any way a horrible call. Jenkins put his hands on Dez right shoulder twice with the ball in the air.
The PI called was iffy, earlier when Jenkins had his hand Dez chest more more PI than the one called.
Dallas got some calls too.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PI called was iffy, earlier when Jenkins had his hand Dez chest more more PI than the one called.
Dallas got some calls too.
The Jenkins penalty was 100% a penalty. Not only did Jenkins put his hands on Dez shoulder twice but his arm was hooking Dez impeding Dez from making a play on the ball and he wasn't even looking for the ball either until it already hit the ground. It's 100% PI. Being grabby while not looking for the ball will draw the flag more times than not.

Here's a pic of the first shoulder grab. This is while the ball is already in the air and Jenkins doesn't play the ball at no point during the play. Giant fans think this isn't a penalty.

2rglweo.jpg

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no PI call earlier in the game I'll give a pass because Jenkins at least played the ball then. On that play, he doesn't play the ball at all. Which is likely why the officials called it.