• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 08-03-16: M's score 5 in the 8th to beat Boston. COL & DET remain red hot

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey followed up with this gem:

"If you're in a rebuilding, then who better to build around than Jay Bruce?"

Maybe he's right... I can only think of a few dozen players I'd rather build around than Jay Bruce. . .

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox entered the bottom of the 8th with a 4-0 lead. At the end of the 8th they were down 5-4. Can't lose games like this in such a tight race.

Nope. Sox have had 3 or 4 of those loses in the last month. It's going to cost them the division. Which makes them a coin flip to even reach the REAL playoffs.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not only that, he's loading the system at the perfect time. Assuming that they accept that they probably won't be all that great in 17 and that 18 will be more of a transition year, he's setting them up for the perfect clash of prospects maturing and the free agency shitshow that will ensue once the 2018 season concludes. With a fully stacked farm by that point and all the money in the free world to spend on possible names like Harper, Donaldson, Machado, McCutchen, Kershaw, Quintana, Keuchel etc. the Yankees could set themselves up for another dynastic era if they play it right. Shit would be insane.

I can see them signing Harprer and Machado and telling everyone else in MLB to get bent.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty encouraging outing for Price, even with that 8th inning. He tried to sneak a breaking ball past Zunino and failed, but the other hits were soft ones. His command was off though. Farrell should have had someone warming up sooner, and Price really should have been pulled either after the home run or the first single.

Farrell just can't seem to adapt in games when things change in a hurry. I think the 2013 WS was a prime example when Brandon Workman came up to bat in the 9th inning. He's just a terrible tactical manager. Not against the idea of firing him, but I don't think the Sox can find a significant upgrade at the manager position.

Agreed. He's shaky. But a lot of that is also on the bench coach...who would be the guy you'd get if they fired Farrell.

So....idk how much of an upgrade you'd be seeing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty encouraging outing for Price, even with that 8th inning. He tried to sneak a breaking ball past Zunino and failed, but the other hits were soft ones. His command was off though. Farrell should have had someone warming up sooner, and Price really should have been pulled either after the home run or the first single.

Farrell just can't seem to adapt in games when things change in a hurry. I think the 2013 WS was a prime example when Brandon Workman came up to bat in the 9th inning. He's just a terrible tactical manager. Not against the idea of firing him, but I don't think the Sox can find a significant upgrade at the manager position.

He should have remained the pitching coach and the front office find another manager

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Sox have had 3 or 4 of those loses in the last month. It's going to cost them the division. Which makes them a coin flip to even reach the REAL playoffs.

or when their pitching actually performs and the offense shits the bed and vise versa... But my god this team is so hot and cold

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great win for my Cubbies