• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 07.21.24 - Trying not to be swept by the basement dwellers

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soler - dh
Wade - 1b
Ramos - cf
Bailey - c
Conforto - lf
Chapman - 3b
Yastrzemski - rf
Fitzgerald - ss
Wisely - 2b
Birdsong - p

And the Giants are up 1-0 on a Soler leadoff shot.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning of game or first inning

Ejection
Giants manager Bob Melvin ejected by 3B umpire Chris Conroy.
It was at the exchange of lineups. Melvin apparently had words with the umpires and the crew chief had a really quick hook

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birdsong may be something special. Only one potch cost him. Good tp have something really bright in this sort of gloomy season ...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Doval close it out (great with the first two batters but looked like he was about to fall apart before getting Stallings out) and the win. Hope they carry that momentum into LA
Honestly, I don't think it matters. I'm very glad Bird was good; this makes me very happy. Doesn't change the fact that this team is done for 24 and should be gearing up for 25....starting with firing FZ.

For the rest of the season I'd like to see Bird, Webb, Harry, Ray in the rotation. Cobb when he's ready. Snell traded with Forto, Chap and Soler.

Play Matos, play Wise, play Fitz, bring up Schmitt and Luci. See what we have over the last 60 games and head into FA with payroll to spend and hopefully a new GM who can take advantage of the situation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think it matters. I'm very glad Bird was good; this makes me very happy. Doesn't change the fact that this team is done for 24 and should be gearing up for 25....starting with firing FZ.

For the rest of the season I'd like to see Bird, Webb, Harry, Ray in the rotation. Cobb when he's ready. Snell traded with Forto, Chap and Soler.

Play Matos, play Wise, play Fitz, bring up Schmitt and Luci. See what we have over the last 60 games and head into FA with payroll to spend and hopefully a new GM who can take advantage of the situation.
We always need to root against the doggies and try to spoilers for them. But it doesn’t matter as far as record is concerned. They are the #2 team in the NL and we are not a playoff team. Nothing we do against the dogs this week will change that.

As for what I want to see from the giants the rest of the year…

I would like to see them try to deal snell for a nice package. He has had back to back CY level starts. If he has another solid start this week, we can get a very nice package for him, I think.

Conforto, it doesn’t matter. We won’t get anything for him, and don’t really think he is holding anyone back at the moment, so who cares.

Chappy is a good guy to have on the field AND in the clubhouse with a bunch of kids. I don’t see Wisely as a serious 3B piece moving forward and Schmitt has not been kicking in any doors. “Seeing what we have” in him isn’t going to happen this year in SF. I would prefer keeping him, but if we can get a nice return, I am not against dealing him.

Doval is probably our biggest trade chip, but I am not certain he has ENOUGH value atm to make it worth trading him.

Cobb probably has no real value. Might as well keep him around so if he does come back, the Giants can capitalize on the story.

I wouldn’t mine dealing Wade. I don’t see him as a part of this team’s “next run”, so if we can swap him out for future assets, I am good with that. Same with Yaz.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you move him to LF or RF when Lee is back?
Depends who else is available. His arm has not blown me away, so my gut says left. But than who do we put in right? I think I prefer Ramos in right over Matos, but I will trust the people who work with these two on a daily basis on drills to make that call.