• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 06/05/17 Worst @ First

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screen-shot-2017-06-05-at-6-03-53-pm.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do tend to ride hobby horses pretty hard, but man, Posey has to step up and start driving in runs. I couldn't care less what his batting average is. He is supposed to be a run producer. He is on pace for less than 40 RBI for the season. Heck he barely has more RBI's than Arroyo, who was just sent down. I want to see Posey far more productive. He came up several times in Philly with the bases loaded, and didn't get any runs home. If he wants to have a high average and good OBP, let him bat leadoff. If he's cleanup, he's gotta drive in runs.

EndofRant (until next time)

Just read that the Giants lead the majors in one category, Sac Flies with 23. (No jokes about what flies are attracted to) The Cards have 18 Sac Flies, and no other team has more than 15. I wish some of those Sac Flies would turn into hits a little more often.

EndofRant2 (until next time)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do tend to ride hobby horses pretty hard, but man, Posey has to step up and start driving in runs. I couldn't care less what his batting average is. He is supposed to be a run producer. He is on pace for less than 40 RBI for the season. Heck he barely has more RBI's than Arroyo, who was just sent down. I want to see Posey far more productive. He came up several times in Philly with the bases loaded, and didn't get any runs home. If he wants to have a high average and good OBP, let him bat leadoff. If he's cleanup, he's gotta drive in runs.

Just read that the Giants lead the majors in one category, Sac Flies with 23. (No jokes about what flies are attracted to) The Cards have 18 Sac Flies, and no other team has more than 15. I wish some of those Sac Flies would turn into hits a little more often.

RsBI are a team stat, primarily (though not exclusively). While there is room for improvement on Posey's power/clutch hitting, laying ANY blame for this non-exultant offense at his feet is completely unfair.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking at the standing this year, betting on those two lineups could cost you a LOT of money...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RsBI are a team stat, primarily (though not exclusively). While there is room for improvement on Posey's power/clutch hitting, laying ANY blame for this non-exultant offense at his feet is completely unfair.

Not blaming Posey entirely for this moribund offense. Posey cannot control who gets on base ahead of him, or not. He cannot control how anyone runs the bases. But he CAN control what he does with at bats with runners on base. Just saying that when he gets his chances, he is doing nothing with them. Nothing.

Room for improvement? There is a vast expanse of room for improvement. It is not ALL on Posey, but the leader has to, you know, lead. And so far at the plate, he is not leading. I care not about his overall batting average. I'd rather see him hit .270 with 50 RBI's so far than .340 with (gulp) 14 RBI's.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming Posey entirely for this moribund offense. Posey cannot control who gets on base ahead of him, or not. He cannot control how anyone runs the bases. But he CAN control what he does with at bats with runners on base. Just saying that when he gets his chances, he is doing nothing with them. Nothing.

Room for improvement? There is a vast expanse of room for improvement. It is not ALL on Posey, but the leader has to, you know, lead. And so far at the plate, he is not leading. I care not about his overall batting average. I'd rather see him hit .270 with 50 RBI's so far than .340 with (gulp) 14 RBI's.
He is batting .242 with RISP with 12 walks in 47 PA (33 ABs). Looks to me like he simply isn't getting anything close to the zone in his payoff ABs. Why would the OP give him anything at all to cause damage with? He is the only hitter in the lineup not using a broken chopstick this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two on and no outs, and we score zero, zip, nada.

No attempts to move runners over. No attempt to work the count. Same old same old.
I wonder if they realize that the season won't end faster with shorter ABs...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would help if you stop thinking of this season as being salvageable. If anything we want to lose more not less.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looking for a CG too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help if you stop thinking of this season as being salvageable. If anything we want to lose more not less.
Looks like they will have to work a bit harder to get that loss that you crave so much...

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited: