• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 05.19.18 Mile High @ Sea Level

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, he's a solid low leverage guy. But he does have an option which means he's probably on the chopping block.
Gotta be someone below him that needs on the roster before that happens.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt refused to pose!!

I always loved that guy...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, Johnson is no all star, but I like him. He belongs in the Majors.
I checked out Cory Gearrin's 21 appearances, just to see how many times Johnson has been victimized by him. Here are the appearances Gearrin came in with runners on:
4/7 (3rd)- 6th inning, one out, 1 runner on from Osich's walk. Gearrin throws a clean 2/3rds of an inning. Strands the runner.
4/10 (5th) - 7th inning, no outs, 1 runner on 2nd from Osich (on back to back doubles). Gearrin gets the 1st 2 outs quickly, walks a batter but gets the 3rd out without allowing any runs to score.
4/14 (6th) - 6th inning, two outs, runners on the corners from Moronta and Osich. Gearrin strikes out the 1st batter to end the inning. He comes back in the 7th, gives up a single, home run and walk before exiting with no outs. Watson comes in to load the bases with no outs before getting out of the inning with no more runs.
4/25 (10th) - 7th inning, two outs, bases loaded, all from Osich. Passed ball by Hundley allows one run to score. Then two walks in a row allow another runner to score. Then Gearrin gets the 3rd out.
4/28 (12th) - 8th inning, two outs, runner on second by Law. Gearrin hits the 1st batter before getting the 3rd out on the 2nd batter. No runs scored (once he comes in).
4/30 (13th) - 6th inning, one out, runner on third by Moronta. Gearrin gives up a single to the 1st batter, allowing the inherited runner to score. He then gets two quick outs to end the inning.
5/5 (15th) - 8th inning, two outs, runners on corners by Blach. Gearrin gets out the 1st batter to end the inning.
5/6 (16th) - 6th inning, two outs, runner on first by Suarez. Gearrin gets two outs quickly to end the inning.
5/17 (21st) - 12th inning, one out, runners on 1st & 2nd by Johnson. Gearrin gets the 2nd out, walks the 2nd batter and then gives up a two run single before recording the 3rd out. Johnson gets the loss.

For some reason, I thought that he screwed Johnson more than once. Actually, Gearrin has been most effective coming in to fix Osich's messes. Gearrin had made 9 appearances mid inning and has allowed inherited runners to score in 3 of them. All told, 5 of 14 inherited runners have scored off him. Not as bad as I thought he's done this year, but still not good.

As it relates to Johnson, he's okay for the back of the bullpen but I think Bochy trusts him more than that.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked out Cory Gearrin's 21 appearances, just to see how many times Johnson has been victimized by him. Here are the appearances Gearrin came in with runners on:
4/7 (3rd)- 6th inning, one out, 1 runner on from Osich's walk. Gearrin throws a clean 2/3rds of an inning. Strands the runner.
4/10 (5th) - 7th inning, no outs, 1 runner on 2nd from Osich (on back to back doubles). Gearrin gets the 1st 2 outs quickly, walks a batter but gets the 3rd out without allowing any runs to score.
4/14 (6th) - 6th inning, two outs, runners on the corners from Moronta and Osich. Gearrin strikes out the 1st batter to end the inning. He comes back in the 7th, gives up a single, home run and walk before exiting with no outs. Watson comes in to load the bases with no outs before getting out of the inning with no more runs.
4/25 (10th) - 7th inning, two outs, bases loaded, all from Osich. Passed ball by Hundley allows one run to score. Then two walks in a row allow another runner to score. Then Gearrin gets the 3rd out.
4/28 (12th) - 8th inning, two outs, runner on second by Law. Gearrin hits the 1st batter before getting the 3rd out on the 2nd batter. No runs scored (once he comes in).
4/30 (13th) - 6th inning, one out, runner on third by Moronta. Gearrin gives up a single to the 1st batter, allowing the inherited runner to score. He then gets two quick outs to end the inning.
5/5 (15th) - 8th inning, two outs, runners on corners by Blach. Gearrin gets out the 1st batter to end the inning.
5/6 (16th) - 6th inning, two outs, runner on first by Suarez. Gearrin gets two outs quickly to end the inning.
5/17 (21st) - 12th inning, one out, runners on 1st & 2nd by Johnson. Gearrin gets the 2nd out, walks the 2nd batter and then gives up a two run single before recording the 3rd out. Johnson gets the loss.

For some reason, I thought that he screwed Johnson more than once. Actually, Gearrin has been most effective coming in to fix Osich's messes. Gearrin had made 9 appearances mid inning and has allowed inherited runners to score in 3 of them. All told, 5 of 14 inherited runners have scored off him. Not as bad as I thought he's done this year, but still not good.

As it relates to Johnson, he's okay for the back of the bullpen but I think Bochy trusts him more than that.

MLB.com has Gearrin as allowing 6 of 16 inherited runners.