• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 01-16-2015, Dubs at OKC, 5:00 pst

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have an early starting time today. Hope you all on the west coast get to see the game. It's on ESPN if you can tape it.

OKC just sustained a beat-down from Houston two nights ago, with Harden having a big game.

I saw a clip about the MVP race. They mentioned about 10 possible names, and then one by one eliminated 8 of them for one reason or another, the most popular reason being their team's record or just that their stats weren't up to the level of other players. Their choices as of now are Curry at #1, Harden at #2. I'd have to say it's a pretty good assessment as of now. I really don't like Harden because of all of the "moves" he makes to draw fouls, but his stats this year are undeniable, and his playing with FIBA pushed him and everyone on the team to focus on defense, something that he's not been known for.

With Curry having such a good year in every respect, including a current lead at steals, along with really getting his turnovers in control, he is the frontrunner now for MVP.

I say we definitely are in for a tough game tonight. Hell, it's OKC at OKC. But, we're the Warrriors, we're healthy and we're resilient. This is the first game of a B2B. We play the Rockets tomorrow. In my opinion, we could sweep this B2B, we could go 1-1, or we could lose them both. Two tough games B2B. What more do you have to know.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will note that this game is the second game of a B2B for OKC, who lost to the Rockets last night by about 10 pts, and the game was in Houston. So OKC, even while playing a home game, may be more travel weary than the Warriors. The fact that it's a B2Ber for the Thunder and they've just had to travel probably is an edge for our Warriors, just like it will be an edge for the Rockets to play the Dubs after they (our Dubs) the second game of a B2Ber when they play the Rockets.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have an early starting time today. Hope you all on the west coast get to see the game. It's on ESPN if you can tape it.

OKC just sustained a beat-down from Houston two nights ago, with Harden having a big game.

I saw a clip about the MVP race. They mentioned about 10 possible names, and then one by one eliminated 8 of them for one reason or another, the most popular reason being their team's record or just that their stats weren't up to the level of other players. Their choices as of now are Curry at #1, Harden at #2. I'd have to say it's a pretty good assessment as of now. I really don't like Harden because of all of the "moves" he makes to draw fouls, but his stats this year are undeniable, and his playing with FIBA pushed him and everyone on the team to focus on defense, something that he's not been known for.

With Curry having such a good year in every respect, including a current lead at steals, along with really getting his turnovers in control, he is the frontrunner now for MVP.

I say we definitely are in for a tough game tonight. Hell, it's OKC at OKC. But, we're the Warrriors, we're healthy and we're resilient. This is the first game of a B2B. We play the Rockets tomorrow. In my opinion, we could sweep this B2B, we could go 1-1, or we could lose them both. Two tough games B2B. What more do you have to know.

Wow, pretty bold prediction there. I think I have to agree with your opinion that one of those 3 outcomes will happen. :rollseyes:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will note that this game is the second game of a B2B for OKC, who lost to the Rockets last night by about 10 pts, and the game was in Houston. So OKC, even while playing a home game, may be more travel weary than the Warriors. The fact that it's a B2Ber for the Thunder and they've just had to travel probably is an edge for our Warriors, just like it will be an edge for the Rockets to play the Dubs after they (our Dubs) the second game of a B2Ber when they play the Rockets.

OKC is a 1 hour flight from Houston.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bogut and Iguodala tonight. Kerr is going to start giving guys a game off here and there. Livingston had a two game break. Bogut naturally will get consistent rest going forward. AI is next up tonight.

I'd imagine Steph, Klay, Barnes, Green, Bogut, Lee, AI and Livingston will likely get rests here and there. Bogut, Lee, AI and Livingston need the maintenance so they don't go down with an injury again. I'd also like to just see Steph, Klay, Barnes & Green get a game or two just to keep them fresh.

Still think we can be competitive in this game, but if we lost it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, pretty bold prediction there. I think I have to agree with your opinion that one of those 3 outcomes will happen. :rollseyes:

That wasn't a prediction. It was just acknowledging the reality that we could win both or lose both. Hell, they're both tough road games, with one being a B2Ber.

I do understand the humor, though. But, if you notice, I didn't forecast any natural disasters that could happen that would result in the games having to be played or finished on another date. It could happen! I'd love to predict every game, but when they're really toss-ups, I'd prefer to just take the time to set up the game threads and then see what happens.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is a 1 hour flight from Houston.

But the flight itself does not include all of the prep work, packing, traveling to airport, sitting in the plane waiting to go, landing, sitting there for 10 minutes to get out, then driving home.

I realize it's not far from OKC to Houston. I live in LA. I personally think that the Warriors will be better rested than OKC will because of OKC's game the previous night.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't a prediction. It was just acknowledging the reality that we could win both or lose both. Hell, they're both tough road games, with one being a B2Ber.

I do understand the humor, though. But, if you notice, I didn't forecast any natural disasters that could happen that would result in the games having to be played or finished on another date. It could happen! I'd love to predict every game, but when they're really toss-ups, I'd prefer to just take the time to set up the game threads and then see what happens.

Actually you were telling us the reality that they could lose both, win both, or split. Something most of us knew already...

Have a sense of humor! :lol:

For what it's worth I posted earlier that they kind of should lose 1 of those games, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if they win both. I would be surprised if they lose both but that's very possible too.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the flight itself does not include all of the prep work, packing, traveling to airport, sitting in the plane waiting to go, landing, sitting there for 10 minutes to get out, then driving home.

I realize it's not far from OKC to Houston. I live in LA. I personally think that the Warriors will be better rested than OKC will because of OKC's game the previous night.

Agree, the back to back thing trumps the longer flight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you were telling us the reality that they could lose both, win both, or split. Something most of us knew already...

Have a sense of humor! :lol:

For what it's worth I posted earlier that they kind of should lose 1 of those games, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if they win both. I would be surprised if they lose both but that's very possible too.

I just got knocked on the Roy Tarpley thread for being "derisive" and showing "poor taste" when I was just being humorous about Tarpley's prospect of truly coming back at the age of 50. The comments made acted as though I don't have any empathy for others, or that I was making fun of Tarpley. My only reason for making up the thread was because the site's been slow and that it was odd to even bother to have an article about a 50 year old guy who has just found out again that he can't play again in the NBA. I'm a little on edge because of these two posts on that thread.

I have a sense of humor, but I do not like it when others insinuate that I was being insensitive to Tarpley's situation. I was very involved and vested in Tarpley when he was young but struggling, and I was someone who pulled for him. I just had no idea that his playing in the NBA in the future was still an issue, or at least a RELEVANT one.

I have an excuse, I'm in the damn hospital again with a damn infected knee, waiting to be transported to N.O. to get better treatment. Where's the "waving white flag" emoticon?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized after I made this post that my discussion about the MVP race should have been on another thread, but does anyone have an opinion on the MVP race? I think Curry is the leader.

Did anyone see his passing and ball-handling in the past two games against the Heat and Utah? Curry is better at being Pistol Pete Maravich that Pete is. Kerr is helping him to lower his TOs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got knocked on the Roy Tarpley thread for being "derisive" and showing "poor taste" when I was just being humorous about Tarpley's prospect of truly coming back at the age of 50. The comments made acted as though I don't have any empathy for others, or that I was making fun of Tarpley. My only reason for making up the thread was because the site's been slow and that it was odd to even bother to have an article about a 50 year old guy who has just found out again that he can't play again in the NBA. I'm a little on edge because of these two posts on that thread.

I have a sense of humor, but I do not like it when others insinuate that I was being insensitive to Tarpley's situation. I was very involved and vested in Tarpley when he was young but struggling, and I was someone who pulled for him. I just had no idea that his playing in the NBA in the future was still an issue, or at least a RELEVANT one.

I have an excuse, I'm in the damn hospital again with a damn infected knee, waiting to be transported to N.O. to get better treatment. Where's the "waving white flag" emoticon?

OK, they needed to operate on your brain, because it appears you don't realize that Roy Tarpley just DIED. That's how he found out he can't play again. Jesus.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, they needed to operate on your brain, because it appears you don't realize that Roy Tarpley just DIED. That's how he found out he can't play again. Jesus.

Oh, Lord! I was guilty of not reading the thread. Had no idea he'd died. I just figured that some new period of time had passed and he was still in violation of NBA rules.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha! Nicely done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Nicely done.

Boy, you guys really know how to pile it on, don't you. Nevermind I'm in the hospital and have been battling an infected knee now for 2 weeks.

Any more pot shots you all want to take? I'm missing the game having to answer these "allegations" about my sanity here.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant just owns the Warriors. OKC may be their toughest playoff matchup, and it could easily be their first round matchup.

At least they will have home court

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Dubs could lose this game. How's that for a prediction?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook bent them over too. Yes without Bogut, but still, don't forget these guys were almost the West champs last year. Their record is only due to injuries, if they are healthy come playoff time they are probably the Ws worst matchup.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ws can really show some cojones winning tomorrow, a back to back road game against another very good team.