• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be happier?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't all of the B1G schools turn over their tier 3 rights to the conference so it could start the B1G Network?

yeah and thats the point, even without all those tier 3 tv rights OSU still makes 11 mill from the same company that pays wvu 6.6 mill.

tier 3 is a very big and very broad classification. it includes everything from the uniforms or a stadiums name to stuff like radio and coaches shows.

The confusion occurs when the b12 includes a retained ooc football game and includes it into a contract that includes all the other stuff I previously mentioned. People assume it is a tv tier 3 contract when it is actually just a regular tier 3 contract with a small amount TV rights

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio states tier 3 contract
Ohio State lands $110M marketing rights deal - Columbus - Business First

The grant of rights coincides with the ACC's TV deal with ESPN through the 2026-27 season. That deal was worth $17 million per school per year, but sources told ESPN last year it is expected to increase to at least $20 million per school per year with the addition of Notre Dame.
ACC media-rights deal to lock in schools OK'd by presidents - ESPN

"sources" and "expected" and we are dealing with ESPN..:boss:hmmm....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. there is a big difference between playing in front of momma every game vs giving his family that one game a year. while you can argue that they will be fine in the b12 the truth is that we can't say for sure because wvu has always been in a conference with a florida school.

It is hard to pitch playing in a midwest conference when you are not a midwest school. If your typical FL recruit has dreams of playing in a texas based conference he is going to do so playing for a texas school.

like i said recruiting is a can of worms and if you should learn anything about CU & the b12 is that you really can't predict what is gonna happen. WVU may have success in FL 5 years removed from the BE. But 10 years or if they have a major athletic downturn........it is going to be hard to recover from that.

CU managed to hang onto that texas pipeline for a few years, but once they had their first off season it was game over for CU & texas and they never recovered it.

We have 5 commits from FL in this years class so far and in the mix for more headed towards signing day, UGA has 5 and UL has 4 for a comparison:noidea:. IMO any struggles we had in FL recruiting was about making the wrong assistant coaching hire more than playing 2 games for a players college career, For the record I believed the same as you until recently but that theory has been debunked imo.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 5 commits from FL in this years class so far and in the mix for more headed towards signing day, UGA has 5 and UL has 4 for a comparison:noidea:. IMO any struggles we had in FL recruiting was about making the wrong assistant coaching hire more than playing 2 games for a players college career, For the record I believed the same as you until recently but that theory has been debunked imo.

yeah i get where you are coming from. but what i am saying is what damage can be done by doubling down in florida and getting the biggest foothold possible on that market?

we can say wvu & fl will be fine 5-10 years. but as I keep saying with the CU example, we won't know for sure if that is going to happen until 5-10 years from now. Like CU & texas that pipeline could easily shutoff with one bad coaching hire, one bad football stretch etc.

while wvu is decreasing their florida presence syracuse & pitt are increasing it and the SU ad is going as far as suggesting a no divisions scheduling model where everyone plays each other every 2 years.

translation: at least 1 florida game a year, 3 Florida games every 2 years.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where stupidity plays in. with the pac12 you have documented reports that the pac12 offered ou, osu, texas, cu, & aggie.

same with the sec where you have documented reports that they offered texas A&M/OU

that never happened with the b10. and you are referencing conf. realignment talk from the 90s......to say I am wrong about something that happened 2 decades later??????? this just shows your stupidity. Notice the two vastly different ways the acc went about conference realignment in 2003 vs 2011? same exact thing with the b10

My god, you can't be this stupid. there were documented reports the Big Ten had contacted Texas about joining and they contacted Notre Dame as well. Once the 2 schools said no, the Big 10 and Nebraska made it known they would be talking as well. This is just one report:

Big Ten reportedly talks with Texas - NCF Nation Blog - ESPN

Once again, stop trolling WVU's board. They love their new conference and still nobody gives a shit about CU leaving the Big 12. Get over it.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i get where you are coming from. but what i am saying is what damage can be done by doubling down in florida and getting the biggest foothold possible on that market?

we can say wvu & fl will be fine 5-10 years. but as I keep saying with the CU example, we won't know for sure if that is going to happen until 5-10 years from now. Like CU & texas that pipeline could easily shutoff with one bad coaching hire, one bad football stretch etc.

while wvu is decreasing their florida presence syracuse & pitt are increasing it and the SU ad is going as far as suggesting a no divisions scheduling model where everyone plays each other every 2 years.

translation: at least 1 florida game a year, 3 Florida games every 2 years.

WVU has 19 FL recruits currently on their roster. In 2010 when they were still in the Big Easy conference, they had 15 FL recruits. WVU currently has 5 FL recruits committed. In contrast, WVU has 10 Texans on their current roster; in 2010, they only had 2. Looks like the move to the Big 12 is actually working for WVU. Not really sure why you think WVU is decreasing their FL presence. But then again, you rarely come with facts, just your worthless fucking opinion.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, you can't be this stupid. there were documented reports the Big Ten had contacted Texas about joining and they contacted Notre Dame as well. Once the 2 schools said no, the Big 10 and Nebraska made it known they would be talking as well. This is just one report:

Big Ten reportedly talks with Texas - NCF Nation Blog - ESPN

Once again, stop trolling WVU's board. They love their new conference and still nobody gives a shit about CU leaving the Big 12. Get over it.....

that is not on the same level as what i am talking about. with the b12 pac12 & sec you had very public information including on the record sources saying that invites are being extended and is so credible that it is frontpage of every major sports outlet. (no a b10 espn blog does not count).

and lets look at that source.......

it says "preliminary exchanges"

and as rittenberg explains "the Big Ten would be silly not to gauge Texas' interest in joining the league". it is one of those things that should be a no-brainer because it is texas and every conference has tried to get them at one time or another.

it cites pittsburgh & missouri as the potential 12th spot:laugh3:

^^^^^^that is a testament as to how inaccurate it is.

That link doesn't come close to the stuff I am talking about

1. it has a big ten perspective and the "source" came from their end not from the schools looking to join (where the confidentiality agreement extends to)

2. it is dated February 2010 which was very early in the conference realignment game and well before the shit hit the fan and everyone started hiding behind confidentiality agreements.

3. it is more along the lines of preliminary talks & speculation not the "school X is slated to join conference Y within a few days" stuff that we saw with the pac12, sec, & b12

4. it is a single newspaper reporting it not a major story being reported by everyone

5. it has no named source, no named title/field of that source or where his knowledge comes from.

don't call me stupid and be stupid yourself. That link was like bringing a tomahawk to a nuclear war. The fact is the b10 particularly with UMD/RU acted in complete stealth and no one saw it coming and no one knew it happened until after it happened. UNC, UVA, Kansas, & ISU have never been documented by a legitimate expansion target by the big ten. whereas a school like oklahoma to the sec & pac12 has.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU has 19 FL recruits currently on their roster. In 2010 when they were still in the Big Easy conference, they had 15 FL recruits. WVU currently has 5 FL recruits committed. In contrast, WVU has 10 Texans on their current roster; in 2010, they only had 2. Looks like the move to the Big 12 is actually working for WVU. Not really sure why you think WVU is decreasing their FL presence. But then again, you rarely come with facts, just your worthless fucking opinion.

um go look at their 2013 & 2014 recruiting classes.

2 texas players.......total.....as in.......combined

I don't think even WVU fans can say with a straight face that their future is in texas recruiting.

and as for your FL recruiting stats. the 2013 & 2014 classes (which were recruited when wvu was in the b12)
9 FL players total

the 2011 & 2012 (players who were recruited while wvu was part of the BE)
18 FL players total

stop trying to bullshit me by saying how the wvu has more FL players as a b12 member using classes that were recruited when wvu was slated to play in the BE. the wvu/BE settlement which waived the 27 month requirement did not come until 2 full weeks AFTER signing day. IMO the 2012 class does not count as a b12 class

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and thats the point, even without all those tier 3 tv rights OSU still makes 11 mill from the same company that pays wvu 6.6 mill.

tier 3 is a very big and very broad classification. it includes everything from the uniforms or a stadiums name to stuff like radio and coaches shows.

The confusion occurs when the b12 includes a retained ooc football game and includes it into a contract that includes all the other stuff I previously mentioned. People assume it is a tv tier 3 contract when it is actually just a regular tier 3 contract with a small amount TV rights

The Big 12 has no tier 3. There is no confusion.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 has no tier 3. There is no confusion.

thats why i said retained.........

if you wanna go down the technicality road fine by me. But the point still stands. Schools like wvu & KU are getting these massive tier3 deals in large part because they are selling stuff like stadium advertising. The tier 3 tv rights they retain as a result of their b12 membership makes up only a fraction of their tier 3 contracts

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um go look at their 2013 & 2014 recruiting classes.

2 texas players.......total.....as in.......combined

I don't think even WVU fans can say with a straight face that their future is in texas recruiting.

and as for your FL recruiting stats. the 2013 & 2014 classes (which were recruited when wvu was in the b12)
9 FL players total

the 2011 & 2012 (players who were recruited while wvu was part of the BE)
18 FL players total

stop trying to bullshit me by saying how the wvu has more FL players as a b12 member using classes that were recruited when wvu was slated to play in the BE. the wvu/BE settlement which waived the 27 month requirement did not come until 2 full weeks AFTER signing day. IMO the 2012 class does not count as a b12 class

IMO with the correct hire Texas would be just as much the future as Florida or anywhere else that has that much in state talent, plenty for several programs in a place like Texas. BTW doesn't that shoot your argument about needing a Florida game in the foot? WVU plays in Texas all the time now.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO with the correct hire Texas would be just as much the future as Florida or anywhere else that has that much in state talent, plenty for several programs in a place like Texas. BTW doesn't that shoot your argument about needing a Florida game in the foot? WVU plays in Texas all the time now.

Waiting for the spin from our new troll. Been awhile since we last dealt with one on our boards.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but the thing is, texas is not the same as florida & california. While cali & FL are great at exporting talent......texas retains their talent at a much higher rate. I thought the fact that WVU has a combined 2 tx recruits in 2013 & 2014 classes would be enough proff of that for wvu fans not to touch this arguement but i guess not......

picking 20 schools per region. these are their 2013 classes

TX recruits per school
LA tech 8
LSU 4
tulane 0
monroe 10
layfayette 2
tulsa 5
OSU 17
OU 8
new mexico 11
NMSU 5
kansas 3
KSU 8
arkansas 2
wvu 1
ISU 6
arkansas st. 4
CSU 4
CU 4
nerbaska 3
mizz 4

CA recruits per school
CSU 5
CU 14
utah st. 6
utah 13
new mexico 5
NMSU 14
ASU 10
zona 16
nevada 18
UNLV 12
oregon 7
osu 13
wsu 15
wash. 15
idaho 16
BSU 14
BYU 9
wyoming 6
kansas 5
nebraska 4

right off the bat you should be able to see a very clear difference with those trends. Just 1 school outside of TX has 12 or more compared to 11 for CA.

Part of this s because there are 1) so many texas schools 2) those texas schools are very strong (5 p5, 2 aac, 6 p5).

but another part of it is the reputation texas has of being the #1 football state making every single coach dream of recruiting there even though other states like FL, cali, & GA have closed that gap over the last few decades. but lastly the texas ego where "texas is the greatest" that convinces so many high schoolers to stay in state.

Where Football Players Call Home
^^^^^
that is a fun link to play with. if you look at it you will see that the pac/mwc have a heavy cali presence. the acc has a big FL presence. but check out the b12. Yes they have a texas presence but look how most of those texas players go to texas schools while schools like ISU & wvu see a much smaller amount.

looking back historically schools like KU, cu, & nebraska managed to see a little bit of success in california at one time or another. Mostly because that market is simply so easy to penetrate. But one common theme among those 3 schools is that at one time or another they have struggled in texas.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the spin from our new troll. Been awhile since we last dealt with one on our boards.

oh i dunno.......

the whopping total of TWO texas recruits that wvu has picked up since joining the b12.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i dunno.......

the whopping total of TWO texas recruits that wvu has picked up since joining the b12.

Obviously the point being made sailed right over ya. Too funny...