• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be happier?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are fucking dumb!!!!!!!

an acc network is "inevitable"
U of L Sports | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com
ESPN won?t push ACC to add ninth game to football schedules | www.palmbeachpost.com

Miami athletic director Blake James told the Post on Wednesday he would be in favor of a nine-game schedule, saying it would strengthen conference rivalries. He also said he thinks an ESPN-run ACC network, similar to the soon-to-be-launched SEC Network, will happen.

But one U of L trustee said both an expanded schedule and a TV network appear to be imminent, and no one seems to be denying it. “An ACC network has to be an inevitable thing at this point,” U of L trustee Jonathan Blue said, citing recent trends in sports business. “There’s too much money involved for it not to be.”

the ACC is very close to an acc network right now. right now reports are surfacing (started 2 days ago) that the acc is about to move to 9 games. that is a move designed entirely to produce more inventory for a conference network.

at this point only b12 homers hoping for the b12 to fail think an acc network is not happening.

and your attitudes towards a conference championship game are hilarious. a ccg brings in an extra million per team

Is this poster still around? If so, I would like his comments about this tweet I read today from the ACC meetings…

ESPN ACC
‏@ESPN_ACC
Swofford says a potential ACC Network is still several years down the road, if it does happen.

I know I am fucking dumb… but, what happened… how could something go from being inevitable… to the commish questioning if it is going to happen?

And, the ACC is not going to a 9 game conference schedule… I thought you said it would.

The ACC is so fucked up… schools won't even get to see the big boys come play but once every 10 years.

Is that what some WVU fans would prefer? That you wouldn't get to see the likes of FSU and Clemson but once every 10 years?

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote: For everyone pining away on traditional rivals, I could see why they'd prefer that schedule. BC, VT, SU and Miami are familiar opponents from both the old eastern independent and BE days.

While I understand tradition, I love being a part of the Big 12. I have stated many times, playing teams the quality of those from the Big 12 makes me excited.

My wrap quote won't work. Whatever.

Anyway, I agree bbwvfan. I do miss the old, but the new is pretty nice also. I would like to see play 3 old eastern independents out of conference to help strength of schedule. I would not mind having the toughest schedule in the country. Pitt, Boston College, Miami, Penn St., VA Tech.... even just two per year would be nice. Sprinkle in Marshall as an in state game, or even East Carolina or South Florida.

It takes about 12-15 years to settle into a new conference with out of conference scheduling and all. It'll happen by the 2020's.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Luck is doing a great job with this early scheduling…Iknow some do not like the idea of the neutral site games, but these games aredoing a lot for us…..broadening our exposure, bringing in a nice payday, savingus big time travel expenses, and is a great recruiting tool. I think eventually you will start seeing thehome and home series again when the conf realignment settles down but for nowwe are doing a pretty good job IMO.

Plus games in Atlanta, Charlotte, and DC have not killed ourfan base, I think it has done the exact opposite, some fans who cannot make thetrip to MoTown have come to these games…ask Slaton about our tailgate inCollege Park, we had fans who had not been back to Motown since theygraduated. Fans who donate their moneyjust like the fans that live in WV, so why not throw them a bone every now andthen.