• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be happier?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i added usf/ucf in the same post as new mexico. ==> those are not good adds then ==> please explain what other good addition is out there.......
hence a 10 team Big12.....:L cmon john, and btw WVU doesn't need FL, I explained that to you already loosen your headgear, maybe it will start sinking in.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hence a 10 team Big12.....:L cmon john, and btw WVU doesn't need FL, I explained that to you already loosen your headgear, maybe it will start sinking in.

would having florida hurt the b12?????

if we are talking b12 expansion how do you say another state would be better than florida ==>i just don't see that.

and i love how much yall are in denial about the acc 20 million thing. yall are worse than creationism & the bible belt

guess a major insecurity has been exposed

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why doesn't the ACC say it?

But the ACC increased its value from roughly $13 million per school annually to, according to one high-ranking ACC source, more than $20 million on average after the entrance of Pitt, Syracuse, Notre Dame and the grant of rights execution. A separate source with knowledge of the deal believes the ACC's television rights are worth somewhere just short of $20 million per school.

In big-money marriage of TV and college football, who has most say? - CBSSports.com

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and seriously. what is the best b12 addition besides the 4 i mentioned???????

can't answer?????

well i am not surprised :lol:

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!? Your discussion went from who would get an invite to the ACC ahead of WVU and then you switch to adding 4 teams to the Big 12. When you came out with the powerhouse, New Mexico, I found you to be a joke. I didn't even mention how delusional you are adding Rice to that mix. 2 good adds out of 4 is a 50%. You failed Lil' Johnnie. Such a disappointment. At the beginning, there was high hope for you, but you didn't make the grade.

You use ESPN and CBS information and when somebody else uses it, all of sudden it is no good. This is getting entertaining as BB can find information dealing with the topic, but you are not satisfied because every article states only $17 million per school. Go ahead and admit it, your numbers don't add up.

0-2. :laugh3: You are entertaining in your own little way.:clap:

You would choose Rice and New Mexico over Cincy, BYU, or UConn? Hell, I would even take Southern Miss, Marshall, and East Carolina over Rice and New Mexico.

Rice and New Mexico. :laugh3: Like I said, you are entertaining :lol:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me crazy but this is not your fathers acc. if you took away GOR and wvu was the 16th to go along with ND upgrading to a full member. i say every school votes for wvu. the old acc mentality died when UMD left.

You do not know much about the ACC - WVU history, do you? Even after it was explained to you, you still do not understand. To say the old ACC mentality died when Maryland is comical. Tobacco Road runs the ACC. Not the Terps.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!? Your discussion went from who would get an invite to the ACC ahead of WVU and then you switch to adding 4 teams to the Big 12. When you came out with the powerhouse, New Mexico, I found you to be a joke. I didn't even mention how delusional you are adding Rice to that mix. 2 good adds out of 4 is a 50%. You failed Lil' Johnnie. Such a disappointment. At the beginning, there was high hope for you, but you didn't make the grade.

You use ESPN and CBS information and when somebody else uses it, all of sudden it is no good. This is getting entertaining as BB can find information dealing with the topic, but you are not satisfied because every article states only $17 million per school. Go ahead and admit it, your numbers don't add up.

0-2. :laugh3: You are entertaining in your own little way.:clap:

You would choose Rice and New Mexico over Cincy, BYU, or UConn? Hell, I would even take Southern Miss, Marshall, and East Carolina over Rice and New Mexico.

Rice and New Mexico. :laugh3: Like I said, you are entertaining :lol:

read the whole thread fucktard. I have touched both b12 conf. realignment and acc conf realignment. i explained the reasoning for NM & rice and you just ignore it.

when it comes to CBS/espn it comes down to the date. sorry but pulling a source from 2011/2012 does not count.

you guys SUCK when it comes down to determining valid sources. you guys are total idiots if you think that bringing up an espn mag article that casually mentions the 17 mill payout and you act like it trumps a major report that cbs, espn, si and numerous newspapers have all come up with that says it is 20 mill. the espn mag article you cited was clearly written with outdated information because it cites the big east as making 3 mill.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do not know much about the ACC - WVU history, do you? Even after it was explained to you, you still do not understand. To say the old ACC mentality died when Maryland is comical. Tobacco Road runs the ACC. Not the Terps.

conference realignment changed the game. and the acc got a major attitude adjustment because they realized the conf. being too tobacco road orientated was bad for the conference as whole.

since UMD left the acc started getting smart with its contract negotiations, stopped dragging its feet on a conference network, started pushing for an acc tourny in msg.

this is not your grandfathers ACC as the saying goes. the acc wasn't the only conference that got an attitude readjustment. The pac12 & b12 also got big attitude readjustments as well.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the acc didn't change because UMD was no longer there to call the shots.....the acc changed because that was a major wake up call that the ACC was not as invincible as they thought and had to take better steps to protect themselves

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the whole thread fucktard. I have touched both b12 conf. realignment and acc conf realignment. i explained the reasoning for NM & rice and you just ignore it.

when it comes to CBS/espn it comes down to the date. sorry but pulling a source from 2011/2012 does not count.

you guys SUCK when it comes down to determining valid sources. you guys are total idiots if you think that bringing up an espn mag article that casually mentions the 17 mill payout and you act like it trumps a major report that cbs, espn, si and numerous newspapers have all come up with that says it is 20 mill. the espn mag article you cited was clearly written with outdated information because it cites the big east as making 3 mill.

Such a little temper tantrum when you are wrong. Go back and look at post #57. Yes-the Big 12 better go and get Rice for its academics. Now that is some reasoning there.

Now you are attempting to limit when information can be used. Guess history doesn't mean anything to you. As I remember, BB was killing you with all the information from multiple outlets. The SI article was the most recent article that had facts in it concerning the ACC contract. Guess what - that outlet states that it will be only $17 million for each school. Are you suggesting that with the addition of Notre Dame, there is going to be an extra $3 million dollars made for each team within the ACC?

You are a hoot!:lol: Don't like us. LEAVE:laugh3:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the acc didn't change because UMD was no longer there to call the shots.....the acc changed because that was a major wake up call that the ACC was not as invincible as they thought and had to take better steps to protect themselves

And they were worried about Clemson and FSU leaving, thus imposing the huge buyout to stop the exodus. Maryland leading the ACC thought process. PRICELESS!!!!!:laugh3:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they were worried about Clemson and FSU leaving, thus imposing the huge buyout to stop the exodus. Maryland leading the ACC thought process. PRICELESS!!!!!:laugh3:

i don't think it was so much the thought process but bringing them back down to reality.

they honestly though that conference loyalty was enough to keep them together

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a little temper tantrum when you are wrong. Go back and look at post #57. Yes-the Big 12 better go and get Rice for its academics. Now that is some reasoning there.

Now you are attempting to limit when information can be used. Guess history doesn't mean anything to you. As I remember, BB was killing you with all the information from multiple outlets. The SI article was the most recent article that had facts in it concerning the ACC contract. Guess what - that outlet states that it will be only $17 million for each school. Are you suggesting that with the addition of Notre Dame, there is going to be an extra $3 million dollars made for each team within the ACC?

You are a hoot!:lol: Don't like us. LEAVE:laugh3:

yeah i love how big of a dumbshit you are. I explained the academic thing already and it goes a lot further than "we just need an academic school"

and NO!!!!!!!!!!! all the outlets state 20 mill. CBS, SI, espn and every major newspaper all say 20. BB can post what he wants but every link he has is either a 2nd tier source or out of date. BB is not killing me....your homerism is just blinding you guys from the truth ==> you just refuse to listen to it.

yes i am suggesting that ND is an extra 3 mill. per acc team. why? because the acc contract was incredibly undervalued and for the first time the ACC took a contract negotiation seriously. and this is where b12 fans are clueless. the ACC will have a much easier time going forward getting more money. The acc gets paid 80 cents for every dollar they are worth. So when they add 5 cents of value and ask for a raise to accommodate for that. they are getting that 5 cents + extra 10 cents that they are worth but don't receive already.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think it was so much the thought process but bringing them back down to reality.

they honestly though that conference loyalty was enough to keep them together

You think that the ACC had it like that where "loyalty" would keep them together? :laugh3: It's about the money, Lil' Johnnie, it's about the money. The SEC has loyalty because it has the money. When the SEC pulled teams out of the Big 12, the Big 10 had to keep pace. They tried for one of the big fish in the Big 12 pond that would hurt the Big 12 in attempting to work a deal with Texas. When they found out that it was a no go, they got Maryland. The ACC saw that they had some dissension among the ranks. They hit the BE before the BE or anybody else could hit the them (ACC). The Big 12 had to fill the openings that the 4 deserting teams left. The ACC added 'Cuse and Pitt and then increased the exit fee as Clemson and FSU (who was in the red) were listening to the Big 12. The allure of the $ opened the ears of FSU and Clemson.

Conference loyalty keeping teams in the conference.:lol: If that was the case, why did Colorado leave the Big 12? Don't answer that question, I REALLY don't care.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i love how big of a dumbshit you are. I explained the academic thing already and it goes a lot further than "we just need an academic school"

and NO!!!!!!!!!!! all the outlets state 20 mill. CBS, SI, espn and every major newspaper all say 20. BB can post what he wants but every link he has is either a 2nd tier source or out of date. BB is not killing me....your homerism is just blinding you guys from the truth ==> you just refuse to listen to it.

yes i am suggesting that ND is an extra 3 mill. per acc team. why? because the acc contract was incredibly undervalued and for the first time the ACC took a contract negotiation seriously. and this is where b12 fans are clueless. the ACC will have a much easier time going forward getting more money. The acc gets paid 80 cents for every dollar they are worth. So when they add 5 cents of value and ask for a raise to accommodate for that. they are getting that 5 cents + extra 10 cents that they are worth but don't receive already.

:laugh3: STOP IT!!!!:laugh3:

You're killing me. Are you an accountant for the ACC? More of the make believe that you have posted since you've been on this board.:laugh3::laugh3: STOP IT!!!! PLEASEEEEE.:laugh3::laugh3:

Notre Dame's non-football sports, who are going to milk the ACC like they did the BE, is going to add a nickel here, a dime there, to the ACC coffers. You are a treat. Notre Dame football, who already has a lucrative TV contract is not going to add value to the ACC. You think that the 4 or 5 games that ND plays against ACC teams is going to add 3 million?!?! Look at the schedule prior to the realignment. ND played Pitt and Boston College yearly. ND played at least 2-3 ACC teams and now will play 3-4 ACC teams. That is going to add that elusive $3million you are seeking. That thinking will bring you to that $20 million mark. Sprinkle some foo-foo dust on it and all your dreams will come true.:hope:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the ACC increased its value from roughly $13 million per school annually to, according to one high-ranking ACC source, more than $20 million on average after the entrance of Pitt, Syracuse, Notre Dame and the grant of rights execution. A separate source with knowledge of the deal believes the ACC's television rights are worth somewhere just short of $20 million per school.

In big-money marriage of TV and college football, who has most say? - CBSSports.com

Oh boy… Peter Pan is at it again.

There is not one definitive… concrete…. number in this entire quote from the CBS article.

One source.. more than $20 million…. another source… somewhere short of $20 million.

What a joke Peter Pan has turned out to be!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love a conference like the ACC… takes ND so ND can take one of their bowl spots… despite not being a full football member.

At least if ND plays Pitt… it will be one of the only games Pitt comes close to having a full Ketchup Stadium.

I am seriously LOL!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC network may stall over rights issues - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

Don’t expect an ACC-branded TV channel to be launched any time soon.

But last week’s annual spring meetings at Amelia Island, Fla., served as a reminder that it’s going to be a long and winding path to get to a channel. There was much more discussion about the prospects for a channel outside the meeting rooms than there was inside, say sources who attended the meetings.

If, in three to four years, ESPN decides an ACC channel is not financially viable, sources say there will still be financial benefits to the ACC.

The league’s current media rights contract is valued at $260 million a year through 2027, or about $18 million per school on an average annual basis across 14 schools. Notre Dame’s cut is much smaller because the Irish have their own football deal with NBC.

And, get this….

ESPN, if it says no to a channel, would increase its compensation to the ACC, pushing the per-school average to close to $20 million.

So… Peter Pan… the ACC is not going to get $20 million for another year or two… most likely. And, as this author correctly stated… the current deal with the addition of ND is close to $18 million.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s unlikely that ESPN will try to launch a channel without those rights. ESPN brought all of those rights — TV, digital, sponsorship — together as it formed the SEC Network, which launches in August 2014.

“I just wonder if the ACC is a little late to the party,” Bevilacqua said. “They had the opportunity to look at this several years ago and decided not to pursue it, when in fact, that was the more appropriate window. A lot has happened since then, and a lot of other programming services have popped up. There’s even more headwind out there now that makes launching a network not impossible, but certainly harder to do.”

IMO… this says it all… the ACC won't see a Network. Which was one of my original points. All the ACC has is some kind of pathetic digital network.

Give me a break…

Oh… yeah… and, a CCG that is attended by about 10K fans.

No wonder they were happy to see Pitt join…

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that the ACC had it like that where "loyalty" would keep them together? :laugh3: It's about the money, Lil' Johnnie, it's about the money. The SEC has loyalty because it has the money. When the SEC pulled teams out of the Big 12, the Big 10 had to keep pace. They tried for one of the big fish in the Big 12 pond that would hurt the Big 12 in attempting to work a deal with Texas. When they found out that it was a no go, they got Maryland. The ACC saw that they had some dissension among the ranks. They hit the BE before the BE or anybody else could hit the them (ACC). The Big 12 had to fill the openings that the 4 deserting teams left. The ACC added 'Cuse and Pitt and then increased the exit fee as Clemson and FSU (who was in the red) were listening to the Big 12. The allure of the $ opened the ears of FSU and Clemson.

Conference loyalty keeping teams in the conference.:lol: If that was the case, why did Colorado leave the Big 12? Don't answer that question, I REALLY don't care.

do not underestimate the loyalty of the acc. a freedom of information request on internal emails of unc admins did not find a single quote to suggest that they were actively looking to join the b10. The NC + VA schools are a very tight bunch. they are the core of the acc and whatever happens those schools want badly to stay together. historically UMD was considered to be the 7th core school. but what happened with them is that over the last couple of decades they had slowly evolved into a b10 style school academically. Politically the demographics of the state changed from a mix of norther & southern to mostly northern. It was inevitable that UMD would leave and the ACC was so high on their own loyalty ego thinking that they would not lose a school that way.....they were totally blindsided by it.

with cuse/bc...yes the b10 would be nice, but these are private schools who see miami, wake, unc, uva, & gtech as their pees. private & medium sized landgrants. they do not see the mega universities of the b10 as their peers.

the acc understands that miami gtech, pitt, fsu & clemson are the 5 schools they have the greatest risk of losing. but those schools will only leave for the b10/sec. to say any of them will leave for the b12 is a joke. the b12 makes no sense for them culturally or academically. sure they were interested in hearing what the b12 had to say, but at the end of the day the intangibles of doing so would be to great of a cost. academic association, peer schools, alumni donations, historical rivalries, travel costs, non FB sports.......they would never have taken a b12 offer seriously. the fsu/cu to acc rumors were way overblown and fueled mostly by speculation and hypothetical quotes "if FSU wanted to join us we would take them" was the closest we ever got to those conversations being legitimate. at the end of the day it was a reach for the b12 and it obviously didn't come close to happening because there has never been a documented report to show that FSU was actively looking to join the b12.

the acc looked at all of this before UMD left and truly thought that they were invincible. they had a laid back attitude with TV $$$ and didn't take it seriously. UMDs departure shattered the ACCs security mentality and that was when they stopped with the tobacco road bullshit, started taking tv $$$ seriously and started making moves like raising the exit fee to protect themselves.

while money plays a factor in conf. realignment, the acc has $$$ benefits with the intangibles associated with acc membership. playing in the acc is worth $$$ to clemson in the form of greater fan participation and better reach to their alumni (donations) and it is intangibles like that that make it silly to suggest and extra 2-3 mill in tv money per year will make them give that up. CU boulder has 2.5x the amount of alumni in the pac12 than the b12. they are making millions more in donations because they now have better reach with their alumni. the $$$ aspect of conference realignment is a lot more than a tv contract.

a big part of conference realignment is conferences getting the chance to recruit schools that they missed out on in the past.
the pac12 has wanted CU since the 90s
the sec wanted aggie since the 90s
the acc wanted cuse since the 2000s
the b10 & maryland are a match made in heaven and is something that was long overdue

while chain reactions caused most of these moves to happen, the notion that conferences are adding schools before someone else raids them is a concept that has been completely overblown. it is more about keeping pace with each other not preventing future raids.

and as for CU.....they were the least loyal b12 member. they joined the b12 on just a 6-3 vote. they always would of been the first to leave the b12 because they viewed themselves more as a western school than a midwest school.