• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be happier?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO… this says it all… the ACC won't see a Network. Which was one of my original points. All the ACC has is some kind of pathetic digital network.

Give me a break…

Oh… yeah… and, a CCG that is attended by about 10K fans.

No wonder they were happy to see Pitt join…

you are fucking dumb!!!!!!!

an acc network is "inevitable"
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20140128/SPORTS02/301280107/1028/rsslink&nclick_check=1
ESPN won?t push ACC to add ninth game to football schedules | www.palmbeachpost.com

Miami athletic director Blake James told the Post on Wednesday he would be in favor of a nine-game schedule, saying it would strengthen conference rivalries. He also said he thinks an ESPN-run ACC network, similar to the soon-to-be-launched SEC Network, will happen.

But one U of L trustee said both an expanded schedule and a TV network appear to be imminent, and no one seems to be denying it. “An ACC network has to be an inevitable thing at this point,” U of L trustee Jonathan Blue said, citing recent trends in sports business. “There’s too much money involved for it not to be.”

the ACC is very close to an acc network right now. right now reports are surfacing (started 2 days ago) that the acc is about to move to 9 games. that is a move designed entirely to produce more inventory for a conference network.

at this point only b12 homers hoping for the b12 to fail think an acc network is not happening.

and your attitudes towards a conference championship game are hilarious. a ccg brings in an extra million per team

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW… Peter Pan… you should be careful about referring to The Sports Business Journal as a 2nd tier source.

You want to know why Peter Pan? Because all of the links you have provided for us… use their site as a main source for details of the ESPN contract with the ACC.

You want to play with the big boys Peter Pan… you gotta know your shit.

Don't come on our boards with stupid shit like NM joining the Big 12. Don't come on our boards and tell us the Big 12 needs to add FL schools to help a school like WVU recruit in the state of FL.

Cause when you make those kind of stupid posts… you cannot be taken seriously.

The only reason anyone is even responding to all of your stupid shit is because they're bored.

But… you are way out of your league…

You are good for a laugh though. I get a good chuckle out of you… so, you got that going for ya…

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC network may stall over rights issues - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

And, get this….

So… Peter Pan… the ACC is not going to get $20 million for another year or two… most likely. And, as this author correctly stated… the current deal with the addition of ND is close to $18 million.

lol......

1. may 2013 for the acc network is very out of date for this topic. most of the developments about the acc network have come from the last 2 months

2. you are using the same source (sportsbusiness journal aka john ourand) over & over again for that 260 million figure. NO legitimate source has used 260 million. lets see.......a lone online sports blogger or every major network/newspaper.......

which to go with for the correct figure......

answer: anyone who is not a b12 homer knows the correct answer to that one.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are fucking dumb!!!!!!!

an acc network is "inevitable"
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20140128/SPORTS02/301280107/1028/rsslink&nclick_check=1
ESPN won?t push ACC to add ninth game to football schedules | www.palmbeachpost.com

Miami athletic director Blake James told the Post on Wednesday he would be in favor of a nine-game schedule, saying it would strengthen conference rivalries. He also said he thinks an ESPN-run ACC network, similar to the soon-to-be-launched SEC Network, will happen.

But one U of L trustee said both an expanded schedule and a TV network appear to be imminent, and no one seems to be denying it. “An ACC network has to be an inevitable thing at this point,” U of L trustee Jonathan Blue said, citing recent trends in sports business. “There’s too much money involved for it not to be.”

the ACC is very close to an acc network right now. right now reports are surfacing (started 2 days ago) that the acc is about to move to 9 games. that is a move designed entirely to produce more inventory for a conference network.

at this point only b12 homers hoping for the b12 to fail think an acc network is not happening.

and your attitudes towards a conference championship game are hilarious. a ccg brings in an extra million per team

You are a two faced bigot.

Get your stupid second tier links out of here. I cannot stop laughing at you!

I hope you are happy Peter Pan. You just make yourself look more foolish with every post you make! What a joke.

I cannot take Peter Pan any longer… I grow tired of his simple mind and ways too easily.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW… Peter Pan… you should be careful about referring to The Sports Business Journal as a 2nd tier source.

You want to know why Peter Pan? Because all of the links you have provided for us… use their site as a main source for details of the ESPN contract with the ACC.

You want to play with the big boys Peter Pan… you gotta know your shit.

Don't come on our boards with stupid shit like NM joining the Big 12. Don't come on our boards and tell us the Big 12 needs to add FL schools to help a school like WVU recruit in the state of FL.

Cause when you make those kind of stupid posts… you cannot be taken seriously.

The only reason anyone is even responding to all of your stupid shit is because they're bored.

But… you are way out of your league…

You are good for a laugh though. I get a good chuckle out of you… so, you got that going for ya…

sports business journal is a 2nd tier source. they are nowhere in the same league as espn cbs etc. they have a total staff of no more than 50.

yall are just dumbfucks. the FL example is proof of it.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a two faced bigot.

Get your stupid second tier links out of here. I cannot stop laughing at you!

I hope you are happy Peter Pan. You just make yourself look more foolish with every post you make! What a joke.

I cannot take Peter Pan any longer… I grow tired of his simple mind and ways too easily.

i think a bigot is someone who wants to dismiss espn, cbs, si, the AP and countless major newspapers as wrong in favor of sports business journal simply because it favors his argument.

ACC makes 20 mill per school. there is no ifs ands or buts about it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to prove my point… Peter Pan will love this… not that he has any cred on this board with his stupid posts about NM joining the Big 12… God that cracks me up every time…

Report: ACC schools to make $17 million in new TV deal | CollegeFootballTalk

John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal tweets that the ACC deal with ESPN will be worth $3.6 billion, according to sources.

And, the point is not the year the article was written… nor the content of the article… it is to prove there is a definitive source for information on these contracts.

Not… someone close to the situation… or an ACC source… or the UofL AD… or a source within the FSU athletic dept….

Hell… UofL ain't even in the ACC yet… and, they are subject matter experts? God… this stuff cracks me up!

I like you Peter Pan… stay around the boards. You are a funny little troll…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think a bigot is someone who wants to dismiss espn, cbs, si, the AP and countless major newspapers as wrong in favor of sports business journal simply because it favors his argument.

ACC makes 20 mill per school. there is no ifs ands or buts about it.

Peter Pan… if I say I believe you… that despite all of the credible sources saying ACC schools will make $18 million… will it make you happy?

Don't you have some of that magic dust you could use on all of us inbred… hoopies? Drop some of that stuff on us… maybe it will work.

Ya never know…

I just want to make you happy Peter Pan. You seem like you need a hug. Or a kiss. Would you like me to give you a hug and kiss Peter Pan?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do not underestimate the loyalty of the acc. a freedom of information request on internal emails of unc admins did not find a single quote to suggest that they were actively looking to join the b10. The NC + VA schools are a very tight bunch. they are the core of the acc and whatever happens those schools want badly to stay together. historically UMD was considered to be the 7th core school. but what happened with them is that over the last couple of decades they had slowly evolved into a b10 style school academically. Politically the demographics of the state changed from a mix of norther & southern to mostly northern. It was inevitable that UMD would leave and the ACC was so high on their own loyalty ego thinking that they would not lose a school that way.....they were totally blindsided by it.

with cuse/bc...yes the b10 would be nice, but these are private schools who see miami, wake, unc, uva, & gtech as their pees. private & medium sized landgrants. they do not see the mega universities of the b10 as their peers.

the acc understands that miami gtech, pitt, fsu & clemson are the 5 schools they have the greatest risk of losing. but those schools will only leave for the b10/sec. to say any of them will leave for the b12 is a joke. the b12 makes no sense for them culturally or academically. sure they were interested in hearing what the b12 had to say, but at the end of the day the intangibles of doing so would be to great of a cost. academic association, peer schools, alumni donations, historical rivalries, travel costs, non FB sports.......they would never have taken a b12 offer seriously. the fsu/cu to acc rumors were way overblown and fueled mostly by speculation and hypothetical quotes "if FSU wanted to join us we would take them" was the closest we ever got to those conversations being legitimate. at the end of the day it was a reach for the b12 and it obviously didn't come close to happening because there has never been a documented report to show that FSU was actively looking to join the b12.

the acc looked at all of this before UMD left and truly thought that they were invincible. they had a laid back attitude with TV $$$ and didn't take it seriously. UMDs departure shattered the ACCs security mentality and that was when they stopped with the tobacco road bullshit, started taking tv $$$ seriously and started making moves like raising the exit fee to protect themselves.

while money plays a factor in conf. realignment, the acc has $$$ benefits with the intangibles associated with acc membership. playing in the acc is worth $$$ to clemson in the form of greater fan participation and better reach to their alumni (donations) and it is intangibles like that that make it silly to suggest and extra 2-3 mill in tv money per year will make them give that up. CU boulder has 2.5x the amount of alumni in the pac12 than the b12. they are making millions more in donations because they now have better reach with their alumni. the $$$ aspect of conference realignment is a lot more than a tv contract.

a big part of conference realignment is conferences getting the chance to recruit schools that they missed out on in the past.
the pac12 has wanted CU since the 90s
the sec wanted aggie since the 90s
the acc wanted cuse since the 2000s
the b10 & maryland are a match made in heaven and is something that was long overdue

while chain reactions caused most of these moves to happen, the notion that conferences are adding schools before someone else raids them is a concept that has been completely overblown. it is more about keeping pace with each other not preventing future raids.

and as for CU.....they were the least loyal b12 member. they joined the b12 on just a 6-3 vote. they always would of been the first to leave the b12 because they viewed themselves more as a western school than a midwest school.

:bullshit: C'mon Johnnie. This is totally BS. Will not totally. About 90-95% BS. You trip over yourself several times. I will not point them all out because I want to spend time doing something else tonight. Let's look at this 'way out in left field statement':

"the acc understands that miami gtech, pitt, fsu & clemson are the 5 schools they have the greatest risk of losing. but those schools will only leave for the b10/sec. to say any of them will leave for the b12 is a joke. the b12 makes no sense for them culturally or academically. sure they were interested in hearing what the b12 had to say, but at the end of the day the intangibles of doing so would be to great of a cost. academic association, peer schools, alumni donations, historical rivalries, travel costs, non FB sports.......they would never have taken a b12 offer seriously."

The SEC would make a play for probably 2 of these teams on their way to a 16 team league, while the Big 10 may look at Pitt. But let's say that the Big 12 is lucky to put something in play and happens to take 2 or 3 of the 5. You don't think that they would add BYU, UCF or USF, or Cincy on their way to 16. The travel costs would be insignificant as these teams would mostly be in the east / southeast. Not a big bill to pay for travel cost. The Big 12 can be split in a hypothetical east and west conference. WVU has history with Miami, Pitt, BC, USF, and Cincy already through the BE. To say the Big 12 doesn't fit culturally or academically is pure :bullshit:. Can't see the forest for the trees.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to prove my point… Peter Pan will love this… not that he has any cred on this board with his stupid posts about NM joining the Big 12… God that cracks me up every time…

Report: ACC schools to make $17 million in new TV deal | CollegeFootballTalk

And, the point is not the year the article was written… nor the content of the article… it is to prove there is a definitive source for information on these contracts.

Not… someone close to the situation… or an ACC source… or the UofL AD… or a source within the FSU athletic dept….

Hell… UofL ain't even in the ACC yet… and, they are subject matter experts? God… this stuff cracks me up!

I like you Peter Pan… stay around the boards. You are a funny little troll…

look at the date of that article and google all the other articles. EVERYONE correctly reported that on the exact same date.....why

because the ACC announced it themselves.

yeah your guy sure is a valuable source of information........when the information is out there for the public and everyone can see it.........

anyways the point is (and what makes yall blind homers) is that what he says directly contradicts what every major sports outlet, the AP, and multiple newspapers say.....

sorry but there is NOTHING you can say to convince me that he is somehow better than all those groups combined. CBS had two different sources confirm that it is 20 mill. espn the one who made the deal said 20 mill. you guys are fighting a losing battle and are just nut hugging the one guy who is saying what you want to hear.

the acc contract was undervalued, on top of that notre dame is one of the most valuable athletic programs out there. combine the two and even with ND being half in you have the ingredients for a big pay day. and heres where i get lost with you guys. it is the amount of stupidity that amazes me.

-you guys were very vocal in bashing the acc deal with ND. i remember one of you calling it "the start of their downfall" and bashing all the consequences associated with it. and those are fair assessments. however you guys can look at all that...not have a lightbulb go off in your head and think "maybe there is a reason for them to do that" well a pay day of 3 mill per school sure seems like a very strong incentive to do so.

-and heres the second thing. at this time the b12, sec, p12, & b10 were all at literally the same per school amount. are you guys really stupid enough to believe a 14.5 team ACC with the biggest market footprint of all the power conferences is going to not match that total????? i don't get how you guys can assume that after entering the negotiations those stats did not have an effect on the outcome.

it is these two points that really confuse me. you guys see adamant to dismiss critical thinking about this. all to willing to say every major news source has it wrong......and then hang on to all the 2nd rate news sources you can find and act like those lil links are 100% accurate.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit: C'mon Johnnie. This is totally BS. Will not totally. About 90-95% BS. You trip over yourself several times. I will not point them all out because I want to spend time doing something else tonight. Let's look at this 'way out in left field statement':

"the acc understands that miami gtech, pitt, fsu & clemson are the 5 schools they have the greatest risk of losing. but those schools will only leave for the b10/sec. to say any of them will leave for the b12 is a joke. the b12 makes no sense for them culturally or academically. sure they were interested in hearing what the b12 had to say, but at the end of the day the intangibles of doing so would be to great of a cost. academic association, peer schools, alumni donations, historical rivalries, travel costs, non FB sports.......they would never have taken a b12 offer seriously."

The SEC would make a play for probably 2 of these teams on their way to a 16 team league, while the Big 10 may look at Pitt. But let's say that the Big 12 is lucky to put something in play and happens to take 2 or 3 of the 5. You don't think that they would add BYU, UCF or USF, or Cincy on their way to 16. The travel costs would be insignificant as these teams would mostly be in the east / southeast. Not a big bill to pay for travel cost. The Big 12 can be split in a hypothetical east and west conference. WVU has history with Miami, Pitt, BC, USF, and Cincy already through the BE. To say the Big 12 doesn't fit culturally or academically is pure :bullshit:. Can't see the forest for the trees.

while the sec could. it is very hard to say so. they went after OU, texas a&m & mizz in the last round of realignment. they already have a foothold in those states no incentive for them to expand there. they will still get XXX per subscriber with or without a second school in those states. and then there is the whole issue of elevating a state school something that scar, uga, & uf would most likely have a problem with. there is a reason why they went after new states and not the likes of cu & fsu.

cincy, usf & ucf would all be good adds. byu is a nice school but I personally believe that the b12 is better off without them and doubt the b12 would be even willing to accept BYU on "B12 terms."

from an academic standpoint a lot from withint the universities of pitt/miami would be furious to move to the b12. from an alumni standpoint donations would nosedive.

the b12 does not fit culturally at all. you have the shotgun marriage of old big 8 & old swc plus wvu thrown in there and the weird texahoma relationship. texas has a total of 11,13, & 14 games with ISU, KU, & KSU. that is how little history they have. there is no deep connection between these schools keeping them together that makes them feel obligated to stay in the same conference.

there is no academic connection because texas is the only academic powerhouse in that conference. miami & pitt would see no academic benefit leaving their conference to join the b12.

for wvu to fit in culturally with the b12........
the acc would need to get raided by the sec and have the remaining 10 acc schools form a big 20

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while the sec could. it is very hard to say so. they went after OU, texas a&m & mizz in the last round of realignment. they already have a foothold in those states no incentive for them to expand there. they will still get XXX per subscriber with or without a second school in those states. and then there is the whole issue of elevating a state school something that scar, uga, & uf would most likely have a problem with. there is a reason why they went after new states and not the likes of cu & fsu.

cincy, usf & ucf would all be good adds. byu is a nice school but I personally believe that the b12 is better off without them and doubt the b12 would be even willing to accept BYU on "B12 terms."

from an academic standpoint a lot from withint the universities of pitt/miami would be furious to move to the b12. from an alumni standpoint donations would nosedive.

the b12 does not fit culturally at all. you have the shotgun marriage of old big 8 & old swc plus wvu thrown in there and the weird texahoma relationship. texas has a total of 11,13, & 14 games with ISU, KU, & KSU. that is how little history they have. there is no deep connection between these schools keeping them together that makes them feel obligated to stay in the same conference.

there is no academic connection because texas is the only academic powerhouse in that conference. miami & pitt would see no academic benefit leaving their conference to join the b12.

for wvu to fit in culturally with the b12........
the acc would need to get raided by the sec and have the remaining 10 acc schools form a big 20

:lame::bullshit::L

Can I have some of what you're smoking? First of all, Texas A&M and Mizzou sought out the SEC. And OU had ZERO interest in the SEC. I guess you forget they were a third tier rights deal from joining the PAC-##.

You're a toon Peter Pan. Somebody call Rodger Rabbit, we need some dip!

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can I have some of what you're smoking? First of all, Texas A&M and Mizzou sought out the SEC. And OU had ZERO interest in the SEC. I guess you forget they were a third tier rights deal from joining the PAC-##.

reading comprehension dumbass. I named the schools the SEC targeted. which were aggie, ou & mizz. mizz didn't become an expansion option until OU said no. and it is very well documented that the SEC was not missouri's first choice.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh you mean the site that ranked the ACC 3rd, the b12 5th and used out of date information for the ACC???????

:laugh3:

Wait a minute... the ACC has a contract worth only $240 million? That is even worse than I thought. Forbes magazine couldn't have it wrong.:lol:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute... the ACC has a contract worth only $240 million? That is even worse than I thought. Forbes magazine couldn't have it wrong.:lol:

1.that 240 mill figure is the pre notre dame payout.......we have been talking about this for so long that you should of known that

2. the article was posted in january of 2013. forbes may know money but they are not invincible against stats going out of date.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John01992 never gives up. He hates the Big 12 and every school in it.