• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be happier?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like you are still butthurt that CU was good enough to get an unconditional invite from the pac12 & OU wasn't

the PAC got a very mediocre program in CU. you know it, and anybody with a lick of sense knows it and that is what galls your ass.

but hey, if it makes you feel better, you spin it however you want, K?:noidea:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the PAC got a very mediocre program in CU. you know it, and anybody with a lick of sense knows it and that is what galls your ass.

but hey, if it makes you feel better, you spin it however you want, K?:noidea:

if thats what makes you sleep better at night then so be it. Your conference got raided and you are just trying to downplay the loss. Its like bama/ohio state fans when a top recruit picks another school "oh we didn't really want him anyways.........he wasn't THAT good" <== and it is the same story here.

Obviously the pac12 is a lot smarter than you are because they added CU on a full revenue sharing agreement (pitt/cuse are the only other schools that happened to in conf. realignment) and right after adding CU they got a massive new tv contract.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe they thought they were set long term after getting Pitt and SU and their hoops. The BIG then showed them how tv markets were the new gold standard.

The ACC didn't know what hit them with the UMD departure. and you guys are correct. If the ACC had to chose they would of taken wvu over louisville.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree unless the ACC figures out a way to make more money than the B12,PAC,BIG and SEC. Every one of those programs would take ND football in less than a heartbeat and every one make more money than the ACC, the Irish wont be taking a paycut to join a conference as a full member.

Irish would actually make more money in the Big12, since they would be able to keep their network with NBC and then receive TV revenue money. Irish need to come to the Big 12.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC didn't know what hit them with the UMD departure. and you guys are correct. If the ACC had to chose they would of taken wvu over louisville.

Wrong. What possess you to think this? It would have happened earlier. Dude, this was not going to happen.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. What possess you to think this? It would have happened earlier. Dude, this was not going to happen.

because it was by fair the most discreet move conference realignment for starters......

-the b10 has some of the strictest confidentiality agreements. There has been very little public information about exactly which schools the b10 has targeted in conf. realignment.

-two freedom of information requests on both maryland & unc showed 1000s of internal emails both of which showed that the ACC had absolutely no knowledge that UMD was considering the b10

-Maryland broke state law keeping the b10 deal from going public when they failed to announce it as part of the agenda for a board meeting as they are required to do so. It just shows how far they were willing to go to keep this thing under wraps

-they are not only a charter member but were considered one of the "core" members along with the NC & virginia schools

-the ACC had no contingency plan in place. The Louisville AD went on the record saying that all prospective scouting information that louisville had regarding financing, academic growth, merchandising etc. was not given to the ACC until the UMD departure. The ACC had done very little prospective research on LV heading into that 11 day window from marylands withdrawal to louisvilles addition

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it was by fair the most discreet move conference realignment for starters......

-the b10 has some of the strictest confidentiality agreements. There has been very little public information about exactly which schools the b10 has targeted in conf. realignment.

-two freedom of information requests on both maryland & unc showed 1000s of internal emails both of which showed that the ACC had absolutely no knowledge that UMD was considering the b10

-Maryland broke state law keeping the b10 deal from going public when they failed to announce it as part of the agenda for a board meeting as they are required to do so. It just shows how far they were willing to go to keep this thing under wraps

-they are not only a charter member but were considered one of the "core" members along with the NC & virginia schools

-the ACC had no contingency plan in place. The Louisville AD went on the record saying that all prospective scouting information that louisville had regarding financing, academic growth, merchandising etc. was not given to the ACC until the UMD departure. The ACC had done very little prospective research on LV heading into that 11 day window from marylands withdrawal to louisvilles addition

You still do not provide evidence that the ACC was even considering WVU. When the Southern Conference split, teams joined the SEC and ACC for the better part. The Southern Conference, if it was still together, would be the power conference that everybody is attempting to achieve today.

In 1932, the SEC was formed. The teams that left the Southern Conference (Alabama, Alabama Polytechnic, Florida, Georgia, Georgia School of Technology, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Mississippi A&M, University of the South, Tennessee, Tulane, and Vanderbilt) were the key players in this move. Another split occurred in 1952 when Clemson, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, North Carolina State, South Carolina, and Wake Forest left.

The remaining teams that comprised the Southern Conference - The Citadel, Davidson, Furman, George Washington, Richmond, VMI, Virginia Tech, Washington & Lee, WVU (joined in 1956), and William & Mary.

The ACC expanded 7 times from 1953 thru today. Not once was WVU invited or even considered. Once again, even with Maryland leaving for the Big 10 would mean that the ACC would have taken WVU. Yes, it would make sense for the ACC to grab WVU years ago, but due to some hurt feelings and posturing, WVU did not get an invite. When it was announced that Syracuse and Pitt had invites to the ACC, it was also announced that WVU was not considered. I'm sure that this announcement was made with great enjoyment especially after the SEC bypassed WVU for Missouri and Texas A&M.

Luck had to make a move for WVU. I, for one, am glad that he didn't wait for other things to happen. Nobody knew that Maryland was going to leave and the ink was dried with the Big 12 before Maryland announced their intentions. Just as it would have made sense for WVU to join the ACC, it would have made just as much sense for the Big 12 to make a bigger play for FSU, Clemson, Louisville, and 1 more school to be added to the conference.

I'd rather join a conference where we are needed/wanted than have the ACC continuously snub us.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, none of this infers WVU would have been the next UofL. Listen, WVU fans have been told by people in the know that WVU was not going to get an ACC invite. Like in NEVER.

There was not going to be any fairy dust… as the WVU sportswriter put it… to allow some WVU fans' wishes come true.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The louisville AD has gone on the record saying the biggest proponents of Louisville in the acc was duke,syracuse, clemson, & FSU with syracuse/duke playing the biggest role.

Louisville Magazine - MAR 2013
^^^^^^
i cant copy/paste from the article. but if you are curious i suggest you read it and somewhere in there there is a quote: "we knew (name of SU AD) & (name of duke AD) were doing the talking for us"

also
Syracuse Pushed For Louisville Over UConn, Says Louisville - Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician

uconn is not as well liked by SU as you give us credit for. we have nova, sju & gtown on our ooc but not uconn.

i do get where you are coming from with wvu & their past history with the acc. but the pitt/cuse additions was a major change for the conference and ever since then they conference is less & less tobacco road oriented. the loss of UMD was a major wakeup call for the conference and ever since then they have started to take things more seriously and are making moves that are more about the benefit of the overall conference than 4 NC schools.

I painfully read through the first article you provided for us… having to zoom in and out to navigate it… and the only reference to SU was this…

The SU AD made a call to the ACC saying… "Jurich made UofL athletics a national brand. I just tried to relay the good news about UofL to the ACC."

Not sure how that can be interpreted as saying SU did not want UConn because of its threat. SU and UConn are not hated rivals. SU hates Georgetown in basketball. They hate Penn State in football.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, Mad, who, in your opinion would the ACC have picked up after UMD left for the B11, had UL got the B12 invite? Fully half the ACC is either former BE schools, or are friendly toward WVU after sPitt and 'Cuse were added, so the votes would have been there.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if thats what makes you sleep better at night then so be it. Your conference got raided and you are just trying to downplay the loss. Its like bama/ohio state fans when a top recruit picks another school "oh we didn't really want him anyways.........he wasn't THAT good" <== and it is the same story here.

Obviously the pac12 is a lot smarter than you are because they added CU on a full revenue sharing agreement (pitt/cuse are the only other schools that happened to in conf. realignment) and right after adding CU they got a massive new tv contract.

actually I sleep quite well at night knowing that CU is no longer an anchor to the BIG 12.

you really need to brush up on your trolling efforts there, son..:L

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, Mad, who, in your opinion would the ACC have picked up after UMD left for the B11, had UL got the B12 invite? Fully half the ACC is either former BE schools, or are friendly toward WVU after sPitt and 'Cuse were added, so the votes would have been there.

For me and not in any order, UCF (gives a presence in Central Florida), USF (gives presence on the West Coast of FL) or Cincy would all be picked before us. I just do not feel that the ACC would have selected us to join until the very end. Sometimes I feel that Marshall has a better chance of an invite than we do. Yes - WVU would have been the logical choice but I do not feel that it is going to happen until some of the people in power leave. Similar to the Pitt - Penn St. situation. Now that JoPa is gone, there is a chance that the rivalry will get started again.

You mentioned that the ACC comprises of more BE teams, but only BC was a life time member. Pitt and Syracuse would support it, from the BE ties, and it sounded as if FSU was on board, but I do not think there are too many that would. I would love to see who voted the last go around when Pitt and 'Cuse were admitted. I'm glad we didn't wait. We would be the UConn and Cincy's looking/hoping for a good home and it was not guaranteed to be in the ACC just based off of the past.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again John, you come with opinion and zero facts. The Big 10 made it very public they had contacted Texas when realignment first surfaced. Then made it public they were going after Notre Dame. Once Texas and ND said no, the Big 10 and Nebraska made it very public they would join the Big 10. Stop trolling the WVU fans, they are happy with their conference. You really should get over the fact that nobody in the Big 12 gave a shit about the broke as hell Buffs leaving for the Pac 12.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I sleep quite well at night knowing that CU is no longer an anchor to the BIG 12.

you really need to brush up on your trolling efforts there, son..:L

I don't know guy, I'm kind of pissed CU left b/c it meant there went a guaranteed win in every sport :bawling:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I painfully read through the first article you provided for us… having to zoom in and out to navigate it… and the only reference to SU was this…

The SU AD made a call to the ACC saying… "Jurich made UofL athletics a national brand. I just tried to relay the good news about UofL to the ACC."

Not sure how that can be interpreted as saying SU did not want UConn because of its threat. SU and UConn are not hated rivals. SU hates Georgetown in basketball. They hate Penn State in football.

good thing your reading comp. sucks. he only mentioned 3 ADs by name in that entire article. SU was one of them.

and notice the bold part. think about that for a second........

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again John, you come with opinion and zero facts. The Big 10 made it very public they had contacted Texas when realignment first surfaced. Then made it public they were going after Notre Dame. Once Texas and ND said no, the Big 10 and Nebraska made it very public they would join the Big 10. Stop trolling the WVU fans, they are happy with their conference. You really should get over the fact that nobody in the Big 12 gave a shit about the broke as hell Buffs leaving for the Pac 12.....

this is where stupidity plays in. with the pac12 you have documented reports that the pac12 offered ou, osu, texas, cu, & aggie.

same with the sec where you have documented reports that they offered texas A&M/OU

that never happened with the b10. and you are referencing conf. realignment talk from the 90s......to say I am wrong about something that happened 2 decades later??????? this just shows your stupidity. Notice the two vastly different ways the acc went about conference realignment in 2003 vs 2011? same exact thing with the b10

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me and not in any order, UCF (gives a presence in Central Florida), USF (gives presence on the West Coast of FL) or Cincy would all be picked before us. I just do not feel that the ACC would have selected us to join until the very end. Sometimes I feel that Marshall has a better chance of an invite than we do. Yes - WVU would have been the logical choice but I do not feel that it is going to happen until some of the people in power leave. Similar to the Pitt - Penn St. situation. Now that JoPa is gone, there is a chance that the rivalry will get started again.

You mentioned that the ACC comprises of more BE teams, but only BC was a life time member. Pitt and Syracuse would support it, from the BE ties, and it sounded as if FSU was on board, but I do not think there are too many that would. I would love to see who voted the last go around when Pitt and 'Cuse were admitted. I'm glad we didn't wait. We would be the UConn and Cincy's looking/hoping for a good home and it was not guaranteed to be in the ACC just based off of the past.

ive been saying for a while if the b12 was smart and wanted to repair the league and make it viable longterm again where it can grow into a power league as strong as the b10/sec/pac12 they need 4 schools

USF
UCF
Rice
New Mexico

1. they way I see it athletics are not the problem. you guys are a 7 bid (70%) bb team this year and recently sent 9 teams (90%) to a bowl. Adding weaker programs only elevates mid level b12 programs like ISU, tech, TCU, wvu, KSU to the point where they can get bowl bids practically every year

2. the Florida schools are to give the conference (particularly wvu) more Florida recruiting.

3. New Mexico is to expand the conference blueprint and enter a state that could be very valuable for a potential b12 network. New mexico is the only western school that has a major texas presence.

4. rice is to give the conference a school that is considered to be in the same category as stanford, northwestern, duke, & vanderbilt. Every other conference has that elite academia so why shouldn't the b12? It will go a long way in stabilizing the conference as it gives texas a much needed academic peer in the conference and shuts up those in austin who want to leave for academic reasons. Plus for political reasons it means more texas schools on the voting block and more games in texas for the non texas members.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this troll with a picture of a man with two kids in front of a Ped State gate trolling our boards??

I have never seen a troll claim to be a Ped State, MU, SU, and a CU fan in one. Starting to remind me of the old ESPN board days, and Gary Davis.

We are happy to be in the Big 12 now move along....

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this troll with a picture of a man with two kids in front of a Ped State gate trolling our boards??

I have never seen a troll claim to be a Ped State, MU, SU, and a CU fan in one. Starting to remind me of the old ESPN board days, and Gary Davis.

We are happy to be in the Big 12 now move along....

Good Grief, I think your right, Gary found this board. Curious that he is no longer a ND fan.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing your reading comp. sucks. he only mentioned 3 ADs by name in that entire article. SU was one of them.

and notice the bold part. think about that for a second........

My reading comprehension skills may indeed suck. But, please provide the quote from the article that supports your comment that SU was against UConn's inclusion in the ACC.