• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst OU QB in the Bob Stoops era

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 100 yards passing, 39% completion percentage

Trevor Knight you need to be kissing the ass of every member of the Sooner defense!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 19 year old kid making his debut in front of 85k fans. His nerves were getting the best of him. Let the kid play a few games. He still had 3 beautiful TD passes and ran for over 100 yards.

I can see what kind of fan you are.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game but his stats could have been better. We'll see in a few weeks.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game, he just made a bunch of inexperienced mistakes, overthown passes en such... I wasn't surprised. In addition there were times he didn't get help from his receivers. I imagine it's going to take a about a quarter to half of the season for him to really feel comfortable and adjusted to excell.

One thing I notice about Trevor is that the team is very vocal in their support of him and like him and his abilites. Notice, you never really heard players come out and support Landry Jones nor talk about him. The people I know within the program, were pretty open about how they felt like Landry Jones never really respected/got along with his teammates as a whole. You're not hearing that about Knight.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the way the starters responded to Bell being in the game? That is who the other players respect not Knight. They are being good teammates for Knight but OUr team is not beating a good offensive team with Knight at QB. He has to be able to make the simple throws and so far he hasn't. I could understand nerves for a quarter or even a half but the coaches just quit letting him throw it once they realized he wasn't going to make the throws.

Bottom line I saw very little improvement over the player from the spring game. He has the ability but he needs to start making accurate throws or Bell will replace him. A first half like he played this week against WVU and the Sooners will be in a huge hole. The defense can't be that good every week. I hope they can but realistically can't expect it.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a realistic fan who doesn't think a "run first" qb can win on a consistent basis. I want Knight to throw for 300 and run for 100 every game and win the Heisman and the NC. I think the coaches are reaching on big play potential instead of a known commodity in Bell. 3\5 is a lot better percentage than what Knight put up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a realistic fan who doesn't think a "run first" qb can win on a consistent basis. I want Knight to throw for 300 and run for 100 every game and win the Heisman and the NC. I think the coaches are reaching on big play potential instead of a known commodity in Bell. 3\5 is a lot better percentage than what Knight put up.

Hello small sample size.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the way the starters responded to Bell being in the game? That is who the other players respect not Knight. They are being good teammates for Knight but OUr team is not beating a good offensive team with Knight at QB. He has to be able to make the simple throws and so far he hasn't. I could understand nerves for a quarter or even a half but the coaches just quit letting him throw it once they realized he wasn't going to make the throws.

Bottom line I saw very little improvement over the player from the spring game. He has the ability but he needs to start making accurate throws or Bell will replace him. A first half like he played this week against WVU and the Sooners will be in a huge hole. The defense can't be that good every week. I hope they can but realistically can't expect it.

Sorry, I didn't see that at all. When you're the only guy wanting to cut his nuts off, you're probably being too harsh. He made some very nice throws once he settled down.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 100 yards passing, 39% completion percentage

Trevor Knight you need to be kissing the ass of every member of the Sooner defense!
I think Stoops has a better handle on who gives them a better chance to win than you or I so give the kid a few games under his belt before you want to run him off campus.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stoops has a better handle on who gives them a better chance to win than you or I so give the kid a few games under his belt before you want to run him off campus.

Exactly.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I didn't see that at all. When you're the only guy wanting to cut his nuts off, you're probably being too harsh. He made some very nice throws once he settled down.

I am probably being too harsh but you didn't see the camera cut to the sidelines when Bell made a first down run? Millard and the rest were making the Belldozer signal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably being too harsh but you didn't see the camera cut to the sidelines when Bell made a first down run? Millard and the rest were making the Belldozer signal.

So? They were plenty fired up when knight threw for three touchdowns and ran for over 100 yards too.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can always get him a job at the local car dealership.

This from the kings of inept offense down in Gainesville. Toledr gave them Gaytors quite a game didn't they.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell?

Td2, you know I have tons of respect for your opinion and I know we have had this discussion on the other board. You said Bell was a proven commodity. I disagree. Other than the TREMENDOUSLY over-used Belldozer, he never really had any significant time nor did he actually do anything with the time he did get.

The minute the rumors started about Knight being the guy, my first thought was " We'll, this is gonna piss Td2 right the heck off!"

Give the kid a chance. If he doesn't get better there will be plenty of people getting in line behind Bell. But until then...let the boy play!:suds:

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can always get him a job at the local car dealership.

Nope. It just funny when you gotta refer back to 2006 to try and get over on us...well, it's just pretty weak.