• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder What A Slave Might Think About This Asinine Statement

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL operates like the NBA, they would have went bankrupt from too many guaranteed contracts on injured players. They aren't strong enough to survive that. That's the one part I have always thought the NBA is doing wrong . I can see a guaranteed contract to a point, but not 30 million for a disabled player. That's insane and I do think that's the main difference between the two. I dont like the comparison to slaves though because I think it diminishes that crime against humanity and the violation of human rights for over a century

I felt that the comparison was disrespectful to the men, women and children who suffered from those violations of human rights and showed that LeBron demonstrated that he neither understood the differences between the NBA vs the NFL and failed to understand just how criminal slavery was

You do understand that slavery has existed basically as long as humans have fought battles over territories.

Instead of POWs, we had slaves

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time not thinking he was saying being a white guy is a bad thing. If what he said was not racist I don’t know what is.

LeBron is laughably racist, he even admitted that he was racist in hs.

Highly doubt anything has changed

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is laughably racist, he even admitted that he was racist in hs.

Highly doubt anything has changed

But you don’t understand, it’s not possible for minoriries to be racist, we are told we have to believe that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buncha white babies. Boo hoo.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that slavery has existed basically as long as humans have fought battles over territories.

Instead of POWs, we had slaves
That doesnt make it wrong, or comparible

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Seriously? Let me see if I get this right...

Because he can write the money that he donates off on his taxes, it means that the money didn't really do anybody any good or change any lives?

I mean, there are plenty of things to criticize him for, this isn't one of them.
Doesn’t make him doing so a good person. It makes his pr department a good pr department. If he actually cared he would spend some of his own money to these things he is so devoted to. Before I hear even one more thing about inequity, I want to see him refuse one single penny he makes off of the Nike shoe contract that pays him millions by forcing slave labor on children in South America.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t make him doing so a good person. It makes his pr department a good pr department. If he actually cared he would spend some of his own money to these things he is so devoted to. Before I hear even one more thing about inequity, I want to see him refuse one single penny he makes off of the Nike shoe contract that pays him millions by forcing slave labor on children in South America.
What part of my post is a facepalm msgking? Please enlighten me you fucking moron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in a single parent household where my mom had to work her way up and hard to get a good quality of life. I have to give it up to my mom, she busted her ass. But there were times that we had the electricity shut off and we had to go on mac & cheese dinners at my early age. I also remember the best day of my life was at 4 years old moving from Liberty City to Naranja because we got out of arguably the worst area of Dade and Broward county. I'm white btw, so when someone tells me that people have it rough solely based on race, I proceed to give them the eye roll.

And in no way is that meant for a pity part for me. Everyone has their obstacles in life.

But back to the main subject, Lebron preaches about unity and equality; yet he makes more than 99.999999% of this country, his family is set up for financial success for generations (due to his success on the basketball court), and has not had to go through what most black people go through in this country in terms of being marginalized.

I don't think people are saying that.

And you do have a point. I am a teacher and I work in a school that has a pretty good economic mix and a fair amount of diversity. Every single year, the test stats focus scores for black students (which are shockingly bad compared to white counterparts). But, the fact remains that our students from all racial backgrounds on free and reduced lunch score even worse, but nobody ever talks about that.

Being poor is a tremendous disadvantage in america. LeBron has seen that first hand, just as you did. The fact that he is insanely wealthy now certainly impacts his perspective, but it doesn't change the past experience he has to draw on. No amount of money he has now changes the past.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of my post is a facepalm msgking? Please enlighten me you fucking moron.

I am not @msgkings322,

But it was a pretty obtuse and narrow minded comment.

You are so focused on his Nike contract and the comments he has made that offend you that you wrote off all the wonderful things he has done for his local communities. LeBron won the damn NBA citizenship award just last year and has since opened a school and created scholarships for thousands of disadvantaged kids.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not @msgkings322,

You are so focused on his Nike contract and the comments he has made that offend you that you wrote off all the wonderful things he has done for his local communities. LeBron won the damn NBA citizenship award just last year and has since opened a school and created scholarships for thousands of disadvantaged kids.
He made the most money therefore he donated the most to charity as opposed to paying that exact amount in taxes. People like lebron take away from the deeds of truly great humanitarians like Dikembe Mutumbo who are truly trying to make a better world.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not @msgkings322,

He’s also tricked most of the world into thinking he paid for it all. He paid for a very small fraction while tax payers paid for the rest

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get his point.

NBA players have far more power than NFL players. But that is because the NFL has arguably the weakest players union of all of the professional sports. That's on them, not the owners.

Unfortunately, because of his poor, played out analogy, folks are likely to be more focused on that than NFL players having a lousy deal.

"Thousandaires" who are paying hundreds of dollars to watch millionaires play a game, tend not to take slavery comparisons very seriously.
a pro football player makes more in a year than 90% of us make in 20 years so in the paraphased words of Eva Peron " Don't cry for them America"

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a pro football player makes more in a year than 90% of us make in 20 years so in the paraphased words of Eva Peron " Don't cry for them America"
Nope. Outside of superstar contracts like QBs and Khalil Mack types, the average NFLer makes under $1 mil a year for 3-4 years then leaves the sport with no career.skills for the real world. I make way more than that over 20 years.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Outside of superstar contracts like QBs and Khalil Mack types, the average NFLer makes under $1 mil a year for 3-4 years then leaves the sport with no career.skills for the real world. I make way more than that over 20 years.

so you're one of the 5%. the average Middle Class citizen makes about 40-50 K a year that works out to 800K to 1M for 20 years before taxes and that poor football player makes between 1.8M and 2.4M during that 3-4 years period and they get a free 4-year college education which they waste.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least as a bonus the are given CTE also!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the most money therefore he donated the most to charity as opposed to paying that exact amount in taxes. People like lebron take away from the deeds of truly great humanitarians like Dikembe Mutumbo who are truly trying to make a better world.

You deserve every face palm you get here bro.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're one of the 5%. the average Middle Class citizen makes about 40-50 K a year that works out to 800K to 1M for 20 years before taxes and that poor football player makes between 1.8M and 2.4M during that 3-4 years period and they get a free 4-year college education which they waste.
The top 5% make way more than 50k per year
And I definitely do.

Why can't people accept mistakes? You could have said "ok maybe not 20 years" but you doubled down on the wrongness.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 5% make way more than 50k per year
And I definitely do.

Why can't people accept mistakes? You could have said "ok maybe not 20 years" but you doubled down on the wrongness.
and the rest of the Middle Class( the 95% I referenced) makes less than 50K a year which works out to less than a $1M over 20 years. you are so fixated on yourself and the poor "slave" NFL'ers that you ignore those who don't come close to you and them. you are the wrong one not me

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron does some good things, he was wrong in this instance time to move on. I suspect the biggest thing that happened here was an attempt to build up a bad show.