• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder What A Slave Might Think About This Asinine Statement

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are being simple-minded, then you won't understand Lebron's point. All you guys see is "slavery" and think Lebron is saying that NFL players have it rough like slaves did back in the day.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it hilarious as well, until I became one. Now? The humor eludes me.

I just don't have my identity tied up in my race. I have zero problems with jokes about white guys, and it's quite obvious to me that being white is generally easier than being black in this country. So I have no problems with marginalized groups speaking out.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are being simple-minded, then you won't understand Lebron's point. All you guys see is "slavery" and think Lebron is saying that NFL players have it rough like slaves did back in the day.

Nothing simple minded about being offended by having your race thrown in your face. Lebron is the epitome of a spoiled athlete that thinks they have really accomplished something. Come out against Nike truly having slaves under your brand, then I will listen to what you have to say.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God for the slave-driving owners. Had it not been for them, Lebron would not be making that Jewish money.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isn't a very smart man.

He's a very person who never went to college but he does make stupid comments every now and then.....like most flawed human beings.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and as someone smartly mentioned that the word could be used for a lot of people making the shoes on Lebrons feet that for some reason they make so much mobey on. Hypocritical in every sense of the word.

I got a black and white pair of And One's recently.....very affordable.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you

Also LOL for not knowing what patronizing means
You’re right, I should’ve referred to Lebron’s quote as “fucking stupid”, because that’s pretty much him in a nutshell. He fits right in with all the HS dropout celebs who confuse their fame with political sense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a very person who never went to college but he does make stupid comments every now and then.....like most flawed human beings.

To be fair, it is really hard not to make stupid comments every now and then when you have a mic in your face as often as LeBron does.

His comment wasn't very well thought out. But he has a valid point about the NFL structure. No, it can't and won't ever be structured like the NBA. That said, those guys literally put their careers on the line every time they set foot on the field. More guaranteed money for NFL players would be a good thing.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it is really hard not to make stupid comments every now and then when you have a mic in your face as often as LeBron does.

His comment wasn't very well thought out. But he has a valid point about the NFL structure. No, it can't and won't ever be structured like the NBA. That said, those guys literally put their careers on the line every time they set foot on the field. More guaranteed money for NFL players would be a good thing.

I agree with that.....James may feel NBA players risk the same.....even if it's not true.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right, I should’ve referred to Lebron’s quote as “fucking stupid”, because that’s pretty much him in a nutshell. He fits right in with all the HS dropout celebs who confuse their fame with political sense.

Seems like you might be one of the jackasses from Rivals. Most are pretty cool.....

Merry Christmas.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get the "slave owner" thing. Are these player not employees? Wouldn't any business owner want to hang on to GREAT employees? It's the same everywhere in the world. They don't own them. But they do invest a lot of money into them.

Bron is cuck

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you might be one of the jackasses from Rivals. Most are pretty cool.....

Merry Christmas.
Beg your pardon? I would never fucking pay for a site/forum membership.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood his point quite well and I believe every one else did. I simply believe that his comparison was disrespectful to the ones who suffered slavery and I dont entirely agree with his point

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and as someone smartly mentioned that the word could be used for a lot of people making the shoes on Lebrons feet that for some reason they make so much mobey on. Hypocritical in every sense of the word.

Also hypocritical because Lebron doesn't like it when black athletes are stereotyped...but then he went and stereotyped NFL owners.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, it's quite the opposite. Folks completely understand the point he was trying to make. That's why he's being bashed and mocked.

It was a stupid analogy that doesn't fit.