• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder What A Slave Might Think About This Asinine Statement

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron is a scumbag and a closet racist. it wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a kaepernick type guy after his career is over.

i love how he said beckham and gurley are the type of players who make the NFL run. odd choice. but hey, you know.. doncic and markkanen make the NBA go, so i guess i understand his view there :rolleyes2:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's quite the opposite. Folks completely understand the point he was trying to make. That's why he's being bashed and mocked.

It was a stupid analogy that doesn't fit.

No, people don’t understand when you see them making statements like, “slaves didn’t get paid millions”

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't have my identity tied up in my race. I have zero problems with jokes about white guys, and it's quite obvious to me that being white is generally easier than being black in this country. So I have no problems with marginalized groups speaking out.

Although that may be true. Lebron probably hasn't had to go through what a normal black person does in this country. Lebron's had people hanging from his nut sack since he was in high school and has been a millionaire since 18. Lebron in no way shape or form has been marginalized; that's the problem.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, people don’t understand when you see them making statements like, “slaves didn’t get paid millions”

So what's the real issue then? He uses the term "slave" to really drive the point home. So people can't counter with slaves back in the day weren't paid millions, let alone paid? Lebron's schtick is transparent and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how flawed and short-sighted his thinking is. Had Lebron ever held a real job, he'd probably not make those type of comments. Next he's going to call every single person working for Amazon or Microsoft slaves, and that Bezos and Bill Gates respectively are slave owners.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're not black? I have zero problems with jokes about white guys as well but racism is wrong both ways...
Nah I'm extremely pale. Racism works differently between the powerful group and the less powerful one though. You're not one of those white guys who thinks it's not fair you can't use the n-word are you?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I'm extremely pale. Racism works differently between the powerful group and the less powerful one though. You're not one of those white guys who thinks it's not fair you can't use the n-word are you?

Nah, i'm one of those white guys who thinks nobody should use the n-word. Are you one of those guys who died at birth?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although that may be true. Lebron probably hasn't had to go through what a normal black person does in this country. Lebron's had people hanging from his nut sack since he was in high school and has been a millionaire since 18. Lebron in no way shape or form has been marginalized; that's the problem.
I wasn't really referring to LeBrons comments here, you're right. He doesn't have the typical black experience, obviously. But he's still aware of and was raised in the group that gets treated and thought of differently by some. He wasn't always a big star. He had a poor black kid's childhood.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, i'm one of those white guys who thinks nobody should use the n-word. Are you one of those guys who died at birth?
Yes, I am speaking to you from white heaven. It's nice here but boring.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the real issue then? He uses the term "slave" to really drive the point home. So people can't counter with slaves back in the day weren't paid millions, let alone paid? Lebron's schtick is transparent and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how flawed and short-sighted his thinking is. Had Lebron ever held a real job, he'd probably not make those type of comments. Next he's going to call every single person working for Amazon or Microsoft slaves, and that Bezos and Bill Gates respectively are slave owners.

Did you see the show, or you just read the title of Lebron comparing NFL Owners to slavery?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron has it all now, but he was essentially homeless for a stretch during his elementary school days. His mother's live in boyfriend was in and out of prison and he even had to live with a foster (one of his coaches I believe) family for a couple years.

Regardless of what he has now, LeBron understands what it is like to be marginalized. It isn't like he grew up rich.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are being simple-minded, then you won't understand Lebron's point. All you guys see is "slavery" and think Lebron is saying that NFL players have it rough like slaves did back in the day.
If he uses the word slavery, I’m going to take it that he means slavery. I didn’t invent the English language and it’s not on me to try and decipher or extrapolate some hidden meaning behind his words that will make them any less asinine.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has it all now, but he was essentially homeless for a stretch during his elementary school days. His mother's live in boyfriend was in and out of prison and he even had to live with a foster (one of his coaches I believe) family for a couple years.

Regardless of what he has now, LeBron understands what it is like to be marginalized. It isn't like he grew up rich.

Having a rough child hood doesn't equate to being marginalized.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the show, or you just read the title of Lebron comparing NFL Owners to slavery?

I read the transcripts that were put out in the media. So what's the whole context? Because I'm not watching his show.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really referring to LeBrons comments here, you're right. He doesn't have the typical black experience, obviously. But he's still aware of and was raised in the group that gets treated and thought of differently by some. He wasn't always a big star. He had a poor black kid's childhood.

You'll find that are poor kid's childhood's are absolutely miserable, regardless of race.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL slaves making more in 1 year than many people make in a lifetime.

It’s beyond stupid and it just shows how much Lebron loves drama.

Maybe he should go back to being a GM and telling his master who should come and go

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh no, they actually do understand. It's Lebron that doesn't understand when he makes a statement like that.

It's not a "slave owner mentality". It's an "employer/employee mentality".

Like I posted earlier, I have a certain amount of autonomy with my company to do things as I see fit. I allow my direct reports a certain amount of autonomy as well. But at the end of the day, everything has to be done within company guidelines or there are consequences.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll find that are poor kid's childhood's are absolutely miserable, regardless of race.
No doubt, but does being black make it worse, or better?