• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I see Reid being the pick because of his versatility and athleticism. McLeod's cap number is getting up there and we need more size at safety.

The NFL has had some good Safety classes the past couple of years and this year's crop looks very good too, almost comparable to last year's. We've been very fortunate to have excellent Safety play from Jenkins/McLeod the past couple of seasons, but at some point we either need to add a young guy to that mix (this draft), or move one of our current guys (Douglas, Mills, Worley) over there, because they have Safety skill-sets that I think are worth a look when it gets to that point that we're looking to get younger and cheaper at the position. Reid from what I've seen/heard is a better athlete and better in coverage than his brother, but not as good a tackler. He does remind me a bit of McLeod, plays with same type of physicality but bigger and a better athlete.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're selecting an offensive skill position in Rd 1, it should be the BPA. With the way we spread the ball around, we shouldn't limit or define a particular position just because we have more of a perceived need there. WR, TE, RB, whatever. I still maintain that there is a good possibility Celek will re-sign later in the year at a reduced salary, and while I don't like it as much Martellus Bennett may still be an option too, if we're looking to add a vet. TE class is solid this year, we could pick up a good option in the later rounds to compete with Billy Brown for that #3 roster spot during camp.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree 110%!!! We have incredible play and potential at the CB spot right now. The ONLY way I improve the CB position at this point, is if we brought in a proven stud CB in a trade... but I'm not sure the cap situation even makes that an option right now. I have no problems running with what we have at CB. Great youth and upside.

Did these guys play in the Super Bowl? If so, they gave up 505 yards passing. That's not outstanding no matter how you cut it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did these guys play in the Super Bowl? If so, they gave up 505 yards passing. That's not outstanding no matter how you cut it.

Our DB's are middle of the pack ... not horrible, but far from top notch. Got pretty exposed in the Super Bowl, but then again it's not like they have to face Brady too often.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Rey said, we don't face Brady that often. And how many yards did your CB's give up to a QB that is not in Brady's class??? We are far above average. Our defense was ranked top 5 in almost every category going into the playoffs. They play the ball well. None are super studs, but do very well as a team. I have no problem running with this squad again.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The development of Sid Jones will go a long way to raising the profile of the secondary, if he becomes the player everyone expected him to be pre-injury.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DB's are middle of the pack ... not horrible, but far from top notch. Got pretty exposed in the Super Bowl, but then again it's not like they have to face Brady too often.

Very true, but Brady doesn't light up an opponent for 500 yards very often. It also wasn't one of Schwartz' best efforts either.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The development of Sid Jones will go a long way to raising the profile of the secondary, if he becomes the player everyone expected him to be pre-injury.

And that will not be known until NEXT off-season, so you don't make any decisions on getting rid of someone dependant on Jones THIS year, imho.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for PSU TE Mike Gesicki if still there for the Birds in Rd 1 ... would give Wentz two excellent receiving TE targets. Fast, tall, times the ball really well and can jump through the gym.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gesicki, Vander Esch, or Reid - any of these 3 would be fine for me.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that will not be known until NEXT off-season, so you don't make any decisions on getting rid of someone dependant on Jones THIS year, imho.

I agree - but only the people within the Eagles's organization really knows how close he is, and if a move is made, it's only because they are superbly confident that he is ready.

I believe the Birds may have had something lined up to move Darby if they were able to keep Robinson, but obviously that fell through so maybe no need to visit that option for the time being.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for PSU TE Mike Gesicki if still there for the Birds in Rd 1 ... would give Wentz two excellent receiving TE targets. Fast, tall, times the ball really well and can jump through the gym.

I like Hurst better - better route runner and blocker, more physical. South Carolina lined him up all over the place - fullback, H-back, in-line, slot, out wide - I can see the Eagles using him in a similar way. Gesicki is a great athlete and runs really fast, but I'm not as enamored with him as some - still warming up to him.

Another guy that intrigues the heck out of me is Jaylen Samuels from NC State. I don't know what position this guy is going to play in the NFL, but a creative play-caller like Pederson can do a lot of different things with a guy like this. He was a Red Zone beast due to his versatility in different formations and defenses not knowing how to account for him. Also excelled in special teams. If we don't draft a TE at 32, Samuels would be a curious option if he can last to the 4th round. Duce worked him out earlier this week so there is some interest from the Eagles.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the TE/H-Back the Eagles are keeping an eye on in Rd 4

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hurst better - better route runner and blocker, more physical. South Carolina lined him up all over the place - fullback, H-back, in-line, slot, out wide - I can see the Eagles using him in a similar way. Gesicki is a great athlete and runs really fast, but I'm not as enamored with him as some - still warming up to him.

Another guy that intrigues the heck out of me is Jaylen Samuels from NC State. I don't know what position this guy is going to play in the NFL, but a creative play-caller like Pederson can do a lot of different things with a guy like this. He was a Red Zone beast due to his versatility in different formations and defenses not knowing how to account for him. Also excelled in special teams. If we don't draft a TE at 32, Samuels would be a curious option if he can last to the 4th round. Duce worked him out earlier this week so there is some interest from the Eagles.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herndon is similar to Burton. It would be great if he turns out that way. Fingers crossed.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn impressive videos. We are going to need someone like that to replace Burton.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hurst video is hilarious. You see all the scouts at his pro day immediately grab their notebooks and tablets after he makes the one handed grab.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hurst video is hilarious. You see all the scouts at his pro day immediately grab their notebooks and tablets after he makes the one handed grab.
I think that might be cut to look that way...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I am sure it was. Still funny though. He did something that caused them all to jump, and it was either that or something like it.

I see there are reports Belichick wants him...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind Hurst will be 25 when the season starts as opposed to Gesicki who will only be 22.