• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking TE. By the time he's ready, you can let Ertz go and save a bunch of money for Wentz's huge contract. Until then you have two studs and run a lot of double TE sets.

will you ever get off of Ertz back?? seriously - the guy is a huge difference maker and a great TE. He will miss a block here/there, but that isn't what he is here to do. The guy has great hands, is highly reliable, very physical and we wouldn't have a SB without him. Nevermind we don't have another stud TE anymore with burton gone. Seriously, get off the guys back. Why is it some phi fans just can't help throwing some of our best players under the bus???

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will you ever get off of Ertz back?? seriously - the guy is a huge difference maker and a great TE. He will miss a block here/there, but that isn't what he is here to do. The guy has great hands, is highly reliable, very physical and we wouldn't have a SB without him. Nevermind we don't have another stud TE anymore with burton gone. Seriously, get off the guys back. Why is it some phi fans just can't help throwing some of our best players under the bus???
he's also one of Wentz's best friends on the team. They do the whole Jesus thing together. I don't think you throw that away like that. Romo had Witten. Wentz gets Ertz.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more tape I watch on San Diego State RB Rashaad Penny the more I think he would be a great option for us if we trade down into the 2nd round. I think he could end up being a heck of a 3 Down Back in the league.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more tape I watch on San Diego State RB Rashaad Penny the more I think he would be a great option for us if we trade down into the 2nd round. I think he could end up being a heck of a 3 Down Back in the league.

Don't we have about 3 of those as it stands??? Clement, Pumphrey and Sproles (he may not be back) and another would be a pile up. Admittedly I have not watched any game of him so I do not know if he can do more.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the way Pumphrey bombed last season, many of us are afraid of Penny. I trust Joe and Andy with the scouting. Penny is not frail like Pumphrey is. I know they'll give Pump another year to develop, but this is has to be a make or break year for him. Penny is a study back.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we have about 3 of those as it stands??? Clement, Pumphrey and Sproles (he may not be back) and another would be a pile up. Admittedly I have not watched any game of him so I do not know if he can do more.

Not a 3rd down Back ... a three down Back in that he can play "every" down. Big kid, but he can motor "and" catch. Very smooth runner.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the way Pumphrey bombed last season, many of us are afraid of Penny. I trust Joe and Andy with the scouting. Penny is not frail like Pumphrey is. I know they'll give Pump another year to develop, but this is has to be a make or break year for him. Penny is a study back.

Pumphrey was red shirted... he put on some weight on IR and now knows the playbook. Hopefully he can just go out and play like the tape they saw. Kid is quick if he can stay on the field.

Hopefully fills a role on this year's team.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumphrey needed to put on at least 12 lbs of "good" weight ... hopefully that's the case.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumphrey needed to put on at least 12 lbs of "good" weight ... hopefully that's the case.

last I read, he had bulked up and was ready to go.

Excuse was that he was slowed by a hammy early in camp, but he'll realize quick that in the NFL everybody plays a little hurt.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Pump is up to 185 and still adding a bit more - he did try to play through a hamstring issue since camp, but got progressively worse and lost his explosiveness. Then he tore and that was it. But he sounds confident and ready to go - looking forward to watching him progress through camp this year as a return man and pass receiver out of the backfield. They could even line him up in the slot at times.

I've been talking up Penny since the Senior Bowl - very impressive profile and backed it up with a strong showing at the combine too.

Just read a profile on Justin Reid, S from Stanford - liking him as an option at 32 as well, great athlete, and versatile with a similar game to Jenkins - could step in and contribute right away as the 3rd Safety and project down the road to replace either McLeod or Jenkins long term.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's who they like, and maybe he is available in the second round, if Howie make some moves to get into the 2nd.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Pump is up to 185 and still adding a bit more - he did try to play through a hamstring issue since camp, but got progressively worse and lost his explosiveness. Then he tore and that was it. But he sounds confident and ready to go - looking forward to watching him progress through camp this year as a return man and pass receiver out of the backfield. They could even line him up in the slot at times.

I've been talking up Penny since the Senior Bowl - very impressive profile and backed it up with a strong showing at the combine too.

Just read a profile on Justin Reid, S from Stanford - liking him as an option at 32 as well, great athlete, and versatile with a similar game to Jenkins - could step in and contribute right away as the 3rd Safety and project down the road to replace either McLeod or Jenkins long term.

Right now I see Reid being the pick because of his versatility and athleticism. McLeod's cap number is getting up there and we need more size at safety.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the Eagles do to add a 2nd/3rd round pick?

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would be a nice pick watched him towards the end of last year and in the all star games he really impressed. Eagles are also "interested" in Nyheim Hines from NC State.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR isn't a big enough need to take it at 32... given other needs, imho. TE is our #1 need right now. We need at least 2, with one being a solid contributor (likely FA vet). LB is still an issue as well. WR is a luxury. The loss of smith is likely to be filled by more Hollins, and another FA vet. And I still put OL as a solid need at 32.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd year Mack Hollins imo will be an improvement over last year's version of Torrey Smith. Hollins was a tremendous deep threat in college and he's much bigger than Smith which should make him a better intermediate threat as well. Hollins will no longer be a green rookie and now has a full understanding of the Offense. I fully expect him to take over the #2 spot and shine while doing it. We will snag WR at some point, but I highly doubt it's in Rd 1.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hollins but we have very little depth at WR, basically nothing behind Jeffery, Agholor and Hollins now. The Eagles reportedly like Greg Ward, the former University of Houston Qb, as a slot WR, and he looked decent last preseason. But he is a slot guy. We need at least one more outside WR after trading Marcus Johnson and letting Smith go in a trade.

I agree that Sutton likely doesn't make it to 32 now after timing better than people expected at the combine. He is a young Alshon though and would give us a deadly duo of physical outside receivers who could win one-on-one matchups. Sutton also has better RAC skills than Jeffery.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dante Pettis would be the answer, I believe. A deep threat; KR; PR; and a good 4th WR.