• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind Hurst will be 25 when the season starts as opposed to Gesicki who will only be 22.
I like the TE Andrews out of Okie a tad bit more than Gesicki. Andrews will go in 1st round for sure.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not huge on either TE at #32. I absolutely love Sony Michel and would be thrilled if he was the pick at #32. Love me some Guice too, but he should be gone before. Leighton Vander Esch will most likely be gone too, but I'd be happy with Rashaan Evans as well. I'd completely understand picking Justin Reid too. Not keen on taking a WR in the first, but I do like me some Sutton and Moore around that area. Haven't done much scouting on OT's but I see a few names being tossed around there, and building through the trenches is always a good move….but yeah, I freakin love Michel. Good size, explosive with good vision, great top end speed and lateral quickness, much tougher than given credit for, and he does it in all 3 phases: running, receiving, pass pro. Love to see either Guice or Michel in Philly green. Rojo is another good prospect, and my only draw back is his weight - he could turn out to be like Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy, but I've seen a lot of explosive 205lb'ers in college not last in the NFL due to their size, my only concern with him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a weird year for the Birds as far as the draft goes. Last pick in Rd 1 and not another pick for almost a full 3 rounds. I can't imagine them not trading down for more picks ... As far as position goes I don't see them going RB with their first pick ... I see Ajayi and Clement splitting the load and Pumphrey will likely be given a chance year 2 as he's gained muscle and will be healthy heading in. They will likely add another Back somewhere (maybe Royce Freeman in Rd 3 or 4) ... but I don't see it being with our 1st selection.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks at the back end of the 1st and the top of the 2nd always seem to have a premium. I could see them trading down twice if they get a good offer from a team in the top of the 2nd round.

It will all depend on how their draft board is lined up with players left

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I would love th hear: "with the 32nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the World champion Philadelphia Eagles select...". I think Howie will somehow make some moves to get a pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. As far as what I think they want (if they're the BPA) is LB, S, or TE in those 2 rounds.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a really good trade down opportunity with the Colts. Indy has 3 2nd round picks (36, 37 and 49) and would likely be willing to move back into the end of the first to take advantage of a pick with that 5th year team option. We can move back to pick 37 from 32 and likely also receive their early 4th round pick #104. That would leave us with three 4th round picks which would give us leverage to move into Rd 3 if we see a player we like there.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Buffalo strikes out to move in the Top 5 for their QB, how about #32 for one (or both) their 2nds (#53 and #56 I believe) and #96 in the 3rd (the Darby pick). That doesn't seem too unreasonable. I get Buffalo sports radio where I am and they are desperate for a young QB, we might be able to pry both their 2nd rounders if one of their guys is still on the board at 32. I hear they like Rudolph a lot as a fall back option if they can't pull off the blockbuster to move up.

Dolphins could be a similar target, #32 for #40 and their 4th rounder. Howie and Tanenbaum have a good history with doing deals in the past.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both 2nd round picks would be pushing it but I could see it if they are desperate. Both 2nds and a 3rd seems unlikely just based upon the value chart. Dolphins seems like a likely trade scenario to me as well. All of this depends on how the QBs get drafted. I think Rudolph is the only one in our range but could see him going sooner than expected.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a really good trade down opportunity with the Colts. Indy has 3 2nd round picks (36, 37 and 49) and would likely be willing to move back into the end of the first to take advantage of a pick with that 5th year team option. We can move back to pick 37 from 32 and likely also receive their early 4th round pick #104. That would leave us with three 4th round picks which would give us leverage to move into Rd 3 if we see a player we like there.

After two months of talking this all out.....this is pretty much how I want it to go too. Unless there is a player they have to take at 32 (possible) just move back some, grab picks. I like the idea of moving to early 2nd for an additional 4th that gives us leverage to go back into the third if needed.

Flexibility should be a top priority with this draft and where we are at.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they move back. Do you think the announcer will say the SB Champion Eagles select... and will our representative be able to bust on the cowturds?

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 32nd pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Super Bowl winning Philadelphia Eagles select...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many areas we can go with that 1st pick. My dark horse for the pick is Pitt LT Brian O'Neill. Very athletic Tackle who fits our blocking schemes with his ability to move on screens or plays where he needs to get to the 2nd level quickly. Ran a 4.8 at the Combine and has even been used as a receiver on screens (I can already see Doug taking advantage of that). He can afford to gain some weight ... especially in the lower body so he can anchor better at the pro level, but that's doable with pro trainers. He wouldn't need to start right away as we still have JP for one more year, so it would be a pick that makes sense for the future.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is the best punter available?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many areas we can go with that 1st pick. My dark horse for the pick is Pitt LT Brian O'Neill. Very athletic Tackle who fits our blocking schemes with his ability to move on screens or plays where he needs to get to the 2nd level quickly. Ran a 4.8 at the Combine and has even been used as a receiver on screens (I can already see Doug taking advantage of that). He can afford to gain some weight ... especially in the lower body so he can anchor better at the pro level, but that's doable with pro trainers. He wouldn't need to start right away as we still have JP for one more year, so it would be a pick that makes sense for the future.

He may be a good one Rey, but I would like to settle the TE and LB positions first. Maybe get another development guy, i.e.Tyrell Crosby, or Martinas Rankin.?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charley Casserly's latest Mock has the Eagles trading #32 to Cleveland, who picks Sony Michel. I didn't see who the Eagles' pick(s) are, or when.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us trading down. If we pickup draft picks, it will be by trading players. But I wouldn't be surprised if we just have a lean draft this year - the price of winning the SB last year and moves made that helped us achieve that. They will take care of us thru FA and next years draft.

I think we stay put, and will be looking at a TE, OL or LB in that order of priority, depending on who is available.