• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is definitely the prime candidate. They have four picks in the first three rounds. I could see them trying to trade up for a QB with a team like the Giants or Indy. But if they fail to get their guy, and #15 rolls around, I think things will get interesting and Howie's phone might ring.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I mean Foles +#32, for #15, 47 & 97. We then have a 2 and a 3, and Ariz still has their picks intact inevery round except the 2nd. Also, Ariz needs cap room, so they might throw in Honey Badger. Otherwise, they have to cut the Badger. I'm telling you, this deal is on the table. I have sources.

While I have to agree with Husker on the likelihood of Arizona coming to the table on this....I do like it as an option. I at least want to hope that this is what Howie opened with.....even if it does not end up looking like that in any possible reality.

It's a damn interesting dilemma (keep or trade Foles). So much of this has been "what is real....and what is posturing?). One that can't be....if they were trying to max a Foles trades value why would they be talking up Sudfeld? I think they are high on Sudfeld as a backup. In such a case I would bet they are absolutely "at the table" with Arizona right now.

Meeting on it will be another thing.
To Huskers point....Arizona could move up as easily and groom for the future. I wonder if this is one of those "Howie talks to them and they wont budge....two months later (like a draft day trade in this case) they come calling wanting to give away the farm" moves. That might be how I best see something like this going down.

And I really like Honey Badger.....but that just will not happen.....Cap numbers and cap economics.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it a little hard to believe that Arizona would do this. Seems to me that right now Foles is more valuable to the Eagles than to anyone else. I think this makes him difficult to trade. But, as confidence in Wentz's recovery and status for next season grows (as well as confidence in Sudfeld), maybe those things start to line up. So either someone misses out on everyone in free agency and the top of draft and gets very desperate, or it goes down late like it did with Bradford.

But, if I'm the Eagles, I think I'd pull the trigger on this deal.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I have to agree with Husker on the likelihood of Arizona coming to the table on this....I do like it as an option. I at least want to hope that this is what Howie opened with.....even if it does not end up looking like that in any possible reality.

It's a damn interesting dilemma (keep or trade Foles). So much of this has been "what is real....and what is posturing?). One that can't be....if they were trying to max a Foles trades value why would they be talking up Sudfeld? I think they are high on Sudfeld as a backup. In such a case I would bet they are absolutely "at the table" with Arizona right now.

Meeting on it will be another thing.
To Huskers point....Arizona could move up as easily and groom for the future. I wonder if this is one of those "Howie talks to them and they wont budge....two months later (like a draft day trade in this case) they come calling wanting to give away the farm" moves. That might be how I best see something like this going down.

And I really like Honey Badger.....but that just will not happen.....Cap numbers and cap economics.

They have to move the Badger, or cut him. With Howie finding cap room (he always does), he could get room for whoever he wants bad enough.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariz wants a vet QB, they can get Foles, and still draft a prospect. If not, none of these prospects are sure things. So, Foles could be their starter for the next 5 years, and still groom a rookie for several years.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is likely to cut Mathieu anyway, and depending on what happens with Patrick Robinson, I'd definitely take a flyer on him. Howie would find a way.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I just don’t share the optimism that Howie could make such a player fit. Nor, frankly, that he should.

FFS....I just read today how we might like to keep Robinson but losing him wouldn’t likely hurt too badly because all of the sudden we are much more stable at CB.

Yes, I don’t argue that Howie could make the room for such a player. I’m arguing as to why. While room could be made it would cause ripple effects to elsewhere on the roster.

And there is enough on deck to do this offseason to retool.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider the weird situation we could face if Wentz misses the first 2-3 games while trying to get to 100% and Foles looks great while winning those games? I mean do you just sit Foles in that situation and give him a pat on the back? As loved as Carson Wentz is in Philly ... Foles is the man who brought home that trophy while also winning the MVP. Dude has earned respect ... and I think if he starts out great next season while subbing for Wentz it may not be such an easy decision to send him to the bench when Wentz is ready to play. Also while Foles is saying all the right things now ... would he be fine just being sent to the pine if the situation up above presents itself?

I'm starting to think trading Foles may be best for all parties involved. It gets the Eagles much needed picks in the draft, it allows Foles to snag a new deal and a starting role (it would be doing well by him) and it avoids a potential QB issue that could arise under the right circumstance; also opens up cap room which we could certainly use. Now, if the Eagles think Wentz will miss 6 or more games as opposed to 2-3 then everything changes ... you obviously keep Foles if that's the case or if the Eagles have questions about Wentz being able to get back to what he was prior to getting hurt.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by draft night Howie will have his choice of contingent offers for Foles. I agree that AZ makes the most sense as they can least likely to afford to wait on a rookie to mature and develop. Foles won't cost a ton of money in the beginning unlike some of the free agent options.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect and appreciation to Foles, I think the playoff run was far more a result of inflated confidence by Foles that he doesn't normally have (much by talking to Dungy, prepared by both Wentz and Doug) and great game planning by Doug. If Foles was the starting QB, I don't think he leads another team to the playoffs, including the eagles. People are quick to forget the last 3 games of the regular season, or why he lost the starting position to begin with. Wentz does everything better, consistently. I would prefer to keep Foles as a backup here, as I think that is a perfect role for him. Less pressure (which he admits, overthinking is a major problem with him) and now the confidence of having won a SB. I am fine if Doug trades him for the future of the eagles - and I'm confident Doug is treating Foles well. But I would not want to have Foles as my starting QB for the entire season. I have a suspicion if he goes to ARI, there will be excuses to be made why he doesn't look like the QB we saw in the playoffs here.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect and appreciation to Foles, I think the playoff run was far more a result of inflated confidence by Foles that he doesn't normally have (much by talking to Dungy, prepared by both Wentz and Doug) and great game planning by Doug. If Foles was the starting QB, I don't think he leads another team to the playoffs, including the eagles. People are quick to forget the last 3 games of the regular season, or why he lost the starting position to begin with. Wentz does everything better, consistently. I would prefer to keep Foles as a backup here, as I think that is a perfect role for him. Less pressure (which he admits, overthinking is a major problem with him) and now the confidence of having won a SB. I am fine if Doug trades him for the future of the eagles - and I'm confident Doug is treating Foles well. But I would not want to have Foles as my starting QB for the entire season. I have a suspicion if he goes to ARI, there will be excuses to be made why he doesn't look like the QB we saw in the playoffs here.

I’ll give you he consistency factor. That has been seen with Foles for his entire career and why any fool who tried to talk like this was his team now is way off.

I think it’s a mix of both. If he plays half a season next year, let’s say, there are some games like the last three of the year, and some like the playoffs.

The best upside I could believe on Sudfeld would be roughly similar. It’s what makes this whole trade or keep debate so interesting.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2-0 in the regular season... also closed out the win at the Rams. Anybody looking at anything in the Cowboys game should be ashamed of themselves.

How many teams does Nate Sudfeld lead to the playoffs?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Foles, if you can get a multiple pick haul like that then just bite the bullet and let Doug figure QB out.

I do not want to rush Wentz back. Thinking more about years 5-10 of his career rather than year 3.

But getting to add a top 20 player and three in the top 100 with Joe Douglas here at least one more draft would be big.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are losing Nigel Bradham from what I have read on various sites. Add LB to our list. Bradham is the one guy who I think we really needed the most to resign. Howie must have a plan here.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching tape on this LB Leighton Vander Esch whom many seem to be eyeing as a potential target for the Eagles in Rd 1. This kid is really ... really good! I see him more as a pick in the late teems / early 20's. Too bad we don't have more pick because I wouldn't even mind moving up 5 or 6 spots to snag him if still available in the mid 20's.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching tape on this LB Leighton Vander Esch whom many seem to be eyeing as a potential target for the Eagles in Rd 1. This kid is really ... really good! I see him more as a pick in the late teems / early 20's. Too bad we don't have more pick because I wouldn't even mind moving up 5 or 6 spots to snag him if still available in the mid 20's.
Foles and 32 for Bills 1st and 2nd. That could get you there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-Nut, Brotha, that is a pipe dream. no way Buff will give up both of their 1st round picks. I think they are the ideal trade partner, though. I would like to get a 1st, and a 2nd. We could then trade back with pick #32, for another 2 and add a #3. This is a deep draft for 3-4 rounds.

Rey, yes regarding Vander Esch. He is REAL good. I'd like to get Josey Jewell in the 3rd if we get a #3 in a trade. We'll need LB'ers, as we very well will only have Hicks coming back next season, as Kendricks and Bradham re likely gone. Vander Esch, Jewell and Hicks could all be great playmakers all over the field.