• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild idea

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its maybe the toughest thing for franchises to do, find a true franchise QB. Its so tough, if I has to choose between keeping the entire team and losing Wilson or keeping Wilson and building everything else from the ground up, I would take him.

You're a 100% correct Sonny. When 70% of the league is desperate for a franchise changing QB, I too would sacrafice couple of players to ensure the resigning of RW. PC/JS have found gems in the draft, so I'm not too worried about them finding player replacements.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a 100% correct Sonny. When 70% of the league is desperate for a franchise changing QB, I too would sacrafice couple of players to ensure the resigning of RW. PC/JS have found gems in the draft, so I'm not too worried about them finding player replacements.
With the cap space being what it is, I expect McDaniels to get cut and maybe Bebane also in order to sign Wilson. Okung isn't out of the question either. I'd being willing to swallow that I guess, just wish it wasn't necessary . I really just want the deal to get done, so I can quit fretting about it. I'm a worrier.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FBI and CIA have nothing on the Seahawks when it comes to being tight lipped. Russell Wilson and his agent are following suit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that teams total running yards MAY improve? But when a team does`t have to gang tackle a RB like Lynch then that leaves
other defenders to contain RW. Thus he's not as effective as a runner any longer. As for his WRs there was a guy named Tom Brady who takes no name undersized wide receivers to the playoffs and SBs time and time again. Deion Branch was one that Seattle released just so you know.

Yeah ignore what Russell has done with even LESS talent than Brady has had at WR. Amendola and Edelman would both be head and shoulders better than what Wilson has had to work with this past season. Branch would be better than What Wilson has had to work with, ( if he could stay healthy) Lafell would be better than any WR Wilson has worked with also this past season. Golden Tate was a solid WR but he was worse than all those Pats i named up until his last season with Seattle. Yes Brady has not had much to work with, Wilson has had even less but still puts up 7.95 yards per attempt and over 10 yards per completion, 63.5 comp %, and is close to averaging 3 TD to every INT, Lets not forget they they have had one of if not THE worst pass blocking line in the NFL the past 3 seasons. Someone is so blinded by his team he can't see his own nose in front of his fat ass face lmao.

Wilsons stats the past 3 seasons have been better than Brady's the past 3 seasons with less offensive weapons at TE and WR and a MUCH MUCH MUCH worse pass blocking oline. That right there says it all. Brady is good but even Matt Cassel looked like a stud on that team, A QB that is better than Cassel ( T-Jack ) did not on the Hawks. System, System, System.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap space being what it is, I expect McDaniels to get cut and maybe Bebane also in order to sign Wilson. Okung isn't out of the question either. I'd being willing to swallow that I guess, just wish it wasn't necessary . I really just want the deal to get done, so I can quit fretting about it. I'm a worrier.

Very true, I want this deal done soon and get this behind us. I'm still wondering what the "outside the box" type contract they want to do. Have you heard any rumors lately?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, I want this deal done soon and get this behind us. I'm still wondering what the "outside the box" type contract they want to do. Have you heard any rumors lately?
I think the "outside the box" type contract was just an idea the Seahawks were trying to get RW to sign. Must not of worked and now nothing, you hear zilch about how things are moving along. Which means they are at a impasse for now, until someone blinks. Well.....this is all speculation on my part, but that's how I see it for now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its maybe the toughest thing for franchises to do, find a true franchise QB.

Saw a photo that made me think about what you said.

browns-qbs.jpg

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "outside the box" type contract was just an idea the Seahawks were trying to get RW to sign. Must not of worked and now nothing, you hear zilch about how things are moving along. Which means they are at a impasse for now, until someone blinks. Well.....this is all speculation on my part, but that's how I see it for now.

I could see a scenario where RW gets the tag next season and Wags gets his contract and the following offseason RW gets his contract done. Just a thought.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a scenario where RW gets the tag next season and Wags gets his contract and the following offseason RW gets his contract done. Just a thought.
I actually seeing the Seahawks letting RW play out his contract then tagging him. At that point the Seahawks will have to cave in and meet his demands. Not that the Seahawks want to go this route, but if he's asking for a number they really don't want to give him, then might as well take advantage of one more year of a cheap QB before giving in.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually seeing the Seahawks letting RW play out his contract then tagging him. At that point the Seahawks will have to cave in and meet his demands. Not that the Seahawks want to go this route, but if he's asking for a number they really don't want to give him, then might as well take advantage of one more year of a cheap QB before giving in.

RW may not be the highest paid but he'll get top 5 money. Hard to argue with most W's to start a career, 3 playoff apps, 2 SB apps and 1 SB victory. That's a hell of a start to a career.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW may not be the highest paid but he'll get top 5 money. Hard to argue with most W's to start a career, 3 playoff apps, 2 SB apps and 1 SB victory. That's a hell of a start to a career.
He has been great. Any idea what top 5 money is? I thought it was just a little under 22 million, but I could be wrong. I think the Seahawks actually had some thing like that in mind. I think RW is shooting for a higher number.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been great. Any idea what top 5 money is? I thought it was just a little under 22 million, but I could be wrong. I think the Seahawks actually had some thing like that in mind. I think RW is shooting for a higher number.

It depends if it's salary or if it's cap hit. Here's the numbers for each as the current contracts stand:

Salary - $17,850,000
Cap hit - $23,820,000

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big issue to be honest is a Baseball agent trying to handle a football contract. These are two very different beasts ( NFL MLB and their contracts to players ).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that has nothing to do whether Russell Wilson has weapons or not (which is where this comes from). I ignored that Branch was traded before Wilson was picked due to Pete Carroll and John Schneider were the decision makers on that trade and Branch was still under contract for the 2012 season, had he not been traded. The original idea was that Tom Brady made it work with a receiver that Seattle cut (hence insinuating that Tom Brady's receivers were even worse than Wilsons since Branch couldn't crack the Seahawks line up), which is patently false.
Tom Brady for his career has had no name WRs (-) Moss and we saw what they did. You correctly identified why I chose Branch and no one else. That was because it had been pointed out that it wasn't RWs fault he doesn't have quality WRs otherwise his numbers would be higher? Maybe, maybe not my argument is still TB puts up passing numbers with no name WRs, cast offs from other teams, and for the most part a weak running game. It can also be said that RWs ability to run for yards and scramble helps open up the passing game. This is not a knock on Wilson. He's currently in a system that compliments his style. I personally would love to see what he could do in a different system? Then we woukd all know his true value.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big issue to be honest is a Baseball agent trying to handle a football contract. These are two very different beasts ( NFL MLB and their contracts to players ).
It's possible that's why we haven't seen a deal yet. I think it's also possible the silence or lack of information is inviting us to manufacture some problems or magnify things to be much bigger than they are. It's quite possible there is no problem at all other than the two sides just haven't got to the point where they're ready to sit down and bang it out. Our FO is in full draft mode now. Maybe they wait til after that do put full attention on RW's contract.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady for his career has had no name WRs (-) Moss and we saw what they did. You correctly identified why I chose Branch and no one else. That was because it had been pointed out that it wasn't RWs fault he doesn't have quality WRs otherwise his numbers would be higher? Maybe, maybe not my argument is still TB puts up passing numbers with no name WRs, cast offs from other teams, and for the most part a weak running game. It can also be said that RWs ability to run for yards and scramble helps open up the passing game. This is not a knock on Wilson. He's currently in a system that compliments his style. I personally would love to see what he could do in a different system? Then we woukd all know his true value.

To find "true value" of a playert you take them out of their system and see how they do in other systems?

Brady has a ton of success in an offense of short passes, should we assume that if he went to Seattle or GB and was in an offense where he rolls out often and and use the ball deep more, that his value would be adversely affected? Probably not.

And it's funny... In 2013, Brady's relatively down passing year was blamed on his poor receivers. In 2014, he gets Gronk back, puts up better numbers, and the "he can make any receiver great" argument comes flying back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your BS is getting tiresome. I think we need to sic Smart on you, that will teach you a lesson.