• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild idea

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Russ right now is better than Carr there is no way they trade him. The Raiders can do a lot of building around this talented and Young QB with out having to worry about cap space as he wont get to renegotiate any time soon. Yes Russ is a better QB but Carr proved he is more than capable last season and he doesn't and won't cost them a arm and a leg.

Issue here is the Hawks would need to get the #1 pick or #2 and hope Marcus Mariota is still there ( at 2 ). The Hawks Oline will need a QB that can run for his life, even a mobile Russell Wilson got sacked 42 times last season, only 5 QB's got sacked more and those guys threw the ball way more than Russell so there was more chances for them to BE sacked.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know there is no way they trade him. We are looking for crazy scenarios and you should be able to oblige.
Marcus may or not be what we might think.
So if RW does not sign, what do you do? (hypothetical)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know there is no way they trade him. We are looking for crazy scenarios and you should be able to oblige.
Marcus may or not be what we might think.
So if RW does not sign, what do you do? (hypothetical)

I should have phrased that MUCH better. I mean the Raider would not trade Carr, Not The Seahawks and Russell and i KNOW it was hypothetical but my post was more about Carr not Wilson.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Russ right now is better than Carr there is no way they trade him. The Raiders can do a lot of building around this talented and Young QB with out having to worry about cap space as he wont get to renegotiate any time soon. Yes Russ is a better QB but Carr proved he is more than capable last season and he doesn't and won't cost them a arm and a leg.

Issue here is the Hawks would need to get the #1 pick or #2 and hope Marcus Mariota is still there ( at 2 ). The Hawks Oline will need a QB that can run for his life, even a mobile Russell Wilson got sacked 42 times last season, only 5 QB's got sacked more and those guys threw the ball way more than Russell so there was more chances for them to BE sacked.
Well with a fist full of picks the Hawks could in theory built a good OL to protect the QB. The bonus for trading for RW goes to the PR bonanza and some creditabilly.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance in the world. Unless it was like two top ten picks this year, three years of firsts afterwards, and a prospect like Carr. Even then it likely never works out.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
instead of paying wilson money, is it possible to give him an ownership percentage instead?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
instead of paying wilson money, is it possible to give him an ownership percentage instead?
No. Folks bring stuff like this up from time to time....the CBA salary cap rules totally forbid compensation like this. It's essentially cheating.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the OP, I know it's just musings, but I'm not so sure it's a safe assumption that there's some problem with negotiations. The big names we extended last off-season happened right before/after the draft -- like within days on either side if I'm not mistaken. I also see some evidence that a Wagner extension is in the works right now too. I'm thinking chronology is important here so the Hawks know exactly what they can fit in the cap after everyone else is nailed down.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the OP, I know it's just musings, but I'm not so sure it's a safe assumption that there's some problem with negotiations. The big names we extended last off-season happened right before/after the draft -- like within days on either side if I'm not mistaken. I also see some evidence that a Wagner extension is in the works right now too. I'm thinking chronology is important here so the Hawks know exactly what they can fit in the cap after everyone else is nailed down.
I'm a believer that the Seahawks will sign Wilson. I don't agree that you nail down all the small pieces before you nail down the most important piece, which is Wilson of course. The reason he hasn't signed a extension Yet IMO, is because the negotiations are turning out to be hard. The Seahawks have a ballpark number and so does Wilson and the gap is most likely wide. I'm sure Sherman and Thomas contract were hard also. They ended up with contracts that were at the top or very close for their positions. I think that is what Wilson agent is shooting for.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with a fist full of picks the Hawks could in theory built a good OL to protect the QB. The bonus for trading for RW goes to the PR bonanza and some creditabilly.

With the way the Hawks pick Oline i wouldn't count on that. the last good olineman drafted really was Okung ( Britt looks like he might be ok at best and i see him moving to guard sooner or later ) And he was a high first rounder and was touted as the best LT in that draft. Hard to miss on that one.

Sweezy if you ask me has really grown but he was not a olineman when drafted, he was a DL they converted and got lucky as shit. With the #2,3, and half the 4th rounders i think they have to draft oline with all those picks to be honest and hope 1 or 2 turn out golden. That's asking a lot from a team that has proven they have problems drafting/finding talented lineman.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a believer that the Seahawks will sign Wilson. I don't agree that you nail down all the small pieces before you nail down the most important piece, which is Wilson of course. The reason he hasn't signed a extension Yet IMO, is because the negotiations are turning out to be hard. The Seahawks have a ballpark number and so does Wilson and the gap is most likely wide. I'm sure Sherman and Thomas contract were hard also. They ended up with contracts that were at the top or very close for their positions. I think that is what Wilson agent is shooting for.
I'm not necessarily saying you *should* nail down the smaller pieces first, but that is indeed what appears to be happening. A gas expands to fit the size of its container. With a less constrained cap situation, maybe Wilson's deal would be bigger than if Wagner is signed first. Had RW been signed a month ago, maybe it comes at the cost of Wagner. Maybe not. But I do agree it's going to get done though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not necessarily saying you *should* nail down the smaller pieces first, but that is indeed what appears to be happening. A gas expands to fit the size of its container. With a less constrained cap situation, maybe Wilson's deal would be bigger than if Wagner is signed first. Had RW been signed a month ago, maybe it comes at the cost of Wagner. Maybe not. But I do agree it's going to get done though.
Also note: If the gas is not contained in a strong enough container - it pops!!!!!
Back to the OP, this was not supposed to be a CAP thread. Let's hear the crazy shit!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also note: If the gas is not contained in a strong enough container - it pops!!!!!
Back to the OP, this was not supposed to be a CAP thread. Let's hear the crazy shit!
OK you want some crazy shit, here is some. I could see the Seahawks letting it be know they'll listen to trade offers for Wilson ( to put pressure on him, to meet in the middle) if close to the start of the season they still at loggerheads with Wilson and his agent.
How's that?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you want some crazy shit, here is some. I could see the Seahawks letting it be know they'll listen to trade offers for Wilson ( to put pressure on him, to meet in the middle) if close to the start of the season they still at loggerheads with Wilson and his agent.
How's that?
That's crazy! LOL. Thanks Harold.....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Wilson and think he's a great football player, but I'm almost like 'whatever' with the guy lol.

When you build an elite defense and elite running game, you're going to be in games 24/7 with a game manager QB. I wouldn't be shocked or upset if Seattle let Wilson walk lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Wilson and think he's a great football player, but I'm almost like 'whatever' with the guy lol.

When you build an elite defense and elite running game, you're going to be in games 24/7 with a game manager QB. I wouldn't be shocked or upset if Seattle let Wilson walk lol.

Shoot Shark it should be obvious that Wilson is way more then a game manager and a perfect fit for a team with a crap OL. That being said, I'm not for making him the richest man in the NFL. I don't think the Seahawks are low balling him, of course I could be wrong, but I don't see that being the case IMO. It's more of Wilson and his agent aiming high IMO. I base this on no actual facts, so take of it what you will.

Let me add that not just any QB would do, in fact the Seahawks would have to strike gold again in the QB department for the success to continue . The elite running game is going to get iffy fast and the defense has a bunch of important players that need to bounce back. RW has been huge, the best QB in Seahawks history IMO. I really want to see his contract get inked, just not as the top paid player in the NFL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot Shark it should be obvious that Wilson is way more then a game manager and a perfect fit for a team with a crap OL. That being said, I'm not for making him the richest man in the NFL. I don't think the Seahawks are low balling him, of course I could be wrong, but I don't see that being the case IMO. It's more of Wilson and his agent aiming high IMO. I base this on no actual facts, so take of it what you will.

Let me add that not just any QB would do, in fact the Seahawks would have to strike gold again in the QB department for the success to continue . The elite running game is going to get iffy fast and the defense has a bunch of important players that need to bounce back. RW has been huge, the best QB in Seahawks history IMO. I really want to see his contract get inked, just not as the top paid player in the NFL.

Ah I wasn't very clear. Wilson is more than a game manager for sure, but what I meant was with Seattle's supporting cast you're going to be in every game (mostly) WITH a game manager :). I feel like they will keep a decent running game even with Lynch gone (he's not carrying the rock 350+ times a season) and the defense needs to bounce back after injuries granted, but the defense as a whole is very young and can make the bounce back somewhat easily I feel.

And I agree with you, I want him back and would love him, but making him the top paid QB/player is ridiculous to me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah I wasn't very clear. Wilson is more than a game manager for sure, but what I meant was with Seattle's supporting cast you're going to be in every game (mostly) WITH a game manager :). I feel like they will keep a decent running game even with Lynch gone (he's not carrying the rock 350+ times a season) and the defense needs to bounce back after injuries granted, but the defense as a whole is very young and can make the bounce back somewhat easily I feel.

And I agree with you, I want him back and would love him, but making him the top paid QB/player is ridiculous to me.
Shoot making him the top paid player would sound ridiculous to most anyone here, but hey it doesn't hurt to ask for it. Obviously going to be a hard fought negoiations . Thus some of my wild ideas.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is the difference between being in games, and winning them. The supporting cast is great, but without a QB you dont compete for championships. Get ready for Wilson to be one the highest paid players in the league. And get ready him to restructure every couple years in order to keep someone.

Some positions can be compensated for. A great decision/play-maker under center is not one of those things. The thought of the Seahawks losing Wilson makes me sick, he will be here winning games long after most of his teammates.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is merely impatience and anxiousness at getting it done. I can't imagine it happening either. Harold is just putting out a little "what if" scenario.
Depending on which team we would be trading with (ie. Tenn @#2 vs NE @ # 32) my guess would be something like 2 1sts for Tenn or 2 1sts + for a later drafting team.

Many non Seahawk fans think we can win it all with an average QB because of our stellar D and running game. I don't buy into that theory. Detroit had the #2 D last year. I would call Stafford an above average QB. While he doesn't have Lynch, he has some solid offensive weapons. Yet, they get above average wins and have not gone far in the playoffs.

That's a great point. We take shit about having the best D + Beast Mode as our winning formula, yet Detroit, with the #2 D, Megatron, who is at least as good a WR as Lynch is a RB, and Stafford, who is a top 15 QB, doesn't get anywhere close to where we've been the last few years. It's gotta say something about RW.