• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I love JG

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. running into 8 or more in the box is a necessary evil. If you don't sometimes the defense will dictate to the offense what gets called.
running into 8 or more is like body punches in boxing. isn't spectacular but is needed to win the fight. It cant be ignored. (like we have been doing)

once or twice i can see but if you want Murray on the DL sending him at 8 or 9 defenders when you have only 5 or 6 blockers is a good way to get him killed or a lot of 3 and outs and the defense back on the field quick. the object should be to run an offense where the defense doesn't know what is coming. the Cowboys offense has always been so predictable that even i could tell you what they were going to run on most series and especially on the running plays.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once or twice i can see but if you want Murray on the DL sending him at 8 or 9 defenders when you have only 5 or 6 blockers is a good way to get him killed or a lot of 3 and outs and the defense back on the field quick. the object should be to run an offense where the defense doesn't know what is coming. the Cowboys offense has always been so predictable that even i could tell you what they were going to run on most series and especially on the running plays.

Well our coaches and QB certainly seem to agree with you. But, i very strongly disagree. 8 in box really isnt that uncommon. All it means is moving one of your safeties up closer to the line. Its really not a big deal. Teams run the ball all the time against 8 in the box. Teams play most of the game against Minnesota with 8 in the box. Are they not supposed to give the ball ever to AP.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well our coaches and QB certainly seem to agree with you. But, i very strongly disagree. 8 in box really isnt that uncommon. All it means is moving one of your safeties up closer to the line. Its really not a big deal. Teams run the ball all the time against 8 in the box. Teams play most of the game against Minnesota with 8 in the box. Are they not supposed to give the ball ever to AP.

agreed

Thats why is always gets bought up O-linemen getting to the SECOND LEVEL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jason Garrett gets fired, he will be one of the most sought after OC in the NFL.

JG will be a HC within a year of leaving the Cowboys. Most Owners will recognize 8-8 isn't bad with Jerry for a GM

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murray averaged over 5 yards per carry last season. The Cowboys didn't face a lot of 8-9 man fronts. Teams double Dez, double Witten, man to man is no bargain against Williams. The run is there all day. On the biggest mistake of the season last year, Romo audibled out of a run and into a pass and had it picked off under pressure because the OL was still run blocking. I love Romo as a player, but sometimes JG should tell him to just run the damn play that's called

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray averaged over 5 yards per carry last season. The Cowboys didn't face a lot of 8-9 man fronts. Teams double Dez, double Witten, man to man is no bargain against Williams. The run is there all day. On the biggest mistake of the season last year, Romo audibled out of a run and into a pass and had it picked off under pressure because the OL was still run blocking. I love Romo as a player, but sometimes JG should tell him to just run the damn play that's called

This is what concerns me with Jones saying Romo will have even more say when it comes to the offense. Those 8 and 12 run attempts games just wont cut it. There was one game we passed it 87% of the time if Im not mistaken. balance

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG will be a HC within a year of leaving the Cowboys. Most Owners will recognize 8-8 isn't bad with Jerry for a GM

lil red would be lucky if he gets a OC job. Owners see his piss poor game management, that has nothing to do with Jerry the GM.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not what i'm saying. when the defense knows what play you are going run almost before the QB gets the call your running back is going to be met with max defenders. last season we saw romo change the play at the line of scrimmage because he could see the original call wasn't going to work with way the defense lined up.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not what i'm saying. when the defense knows what play you are going run almost before the QB gets the call your running back is going to be met with max defenders. last season we saw romo change the play at the line of scrimmage because he could see the original call wasn't going to work with way the defense lined up.

There was a beauty to the 90s Cowboys.... and it plays true with most teams now

It doesn't take 965 thousand plays to win ... Takes about 20 to 30 .... and the rest are just options to throw the defense off.

and good team can line up .... just an example

I formation ... one receiver alone can cut at 5 yards 10 .. or 15 .... same formation same look ... Cb has to guess. Thats one receiver .... then you have another receiver can cut ... go long .. run a hook .... ect

and TE that can do the same ...

The Rb that can run ... catch a dump off ... ect ect

you can run the same formation all game with 100 different possibilities .. out of that formation ....

Thing with Garrett is .... He runs the same damn plays over and over .... it's like watching a 6 year old play madden on rookie level

I love Garrett as a person .... but no ... at this point ... not as a coach

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he assumed the play wouldn't work and then audibled into something the defense knew was coming. My whole point is that in those situations sometimes you still need to run the ball

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Defenses knew everytime they put 8+ in the box, you would audible to a pass play. When they wanted you to pass they would just put 8 in the box get you to audible & then go back to defending the pass.
That is the Defense dictating to the offense.
I agree with Jarntt you have to run against the 8 in the box.

Or better yet. Fake audible then when they go to defend the pass (because they know us so well) Run right by them.

No matter what if you let the Defense dictate play calling to you. It wont end well. The goal is to make the defense guess not the other way around.

Problem with JG's Offense it is so transparent.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil red would be lucky if he gets a OC job. Owners see his piss poor game management, that has nothing to do with Jerry the GM.

That's laughable. JG will be an OC the second he interviews. And the game management issues were much worse in his first couple of years. It's pretty simple with JG, he was a first time Head Coach with a meddling Owner. He's getting better, with the defense he had last season, 8-8 was actually solid work. If he goes 9-7 this season he should be coach of the year. We have lost Ware, Hatcher and Lee from last season's terrible defense. Our D is going to be bad on an Epic level this season. That's on the GM, not the HC. In one of the deepest drafts in years, our first four rounds netted DeMarcus Lawrence and Anthony Hitchens for the defense. Could have netted Calvin Pryor, Kony Ealy, Louis Nix and Carl Bradford. Compare those two groupings a year from now and then put the blame where it should go, on the Owner/GM

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know why Nix tumbled sooooo far UK. I understand he's just a 2 down player but he is immensely athletic for a 350 pound dude. I look for Houston to rebound big time if they can get even average QB play. JJ Watt, Jadaveon Clowney and Louis Nix. I could see a worst to first scenario for them.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know why Nix tumbled sooooo far UK. I understand he's just a 2 down player but he is immensely athletic for a 350 pound dude. I look for Houston to rebound big time if they can get even average QB play. JJ Watt, Jadaveon Clowney and Louis Nix. I could see a worst to first scenario for them.

If they Texans win 6 games I'll be shocked. Not only don't they have a QB, but there bringing in a new playbook and their best wr is not going to report to camp until he has to.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's laughable. JG will be an OC the second he interviews. And the game management issues were much worse in his first couple of years. It's pretty simple with JG, he was a first time Head Coach with a meddling Owner. He's getting better, with the defense he had last season, 8-8 was actually solid work. If he goes 9-7 this season he should be coach of the year. We have lost Ware, Hatcher and Lee from last season's terrible defense. Our D is going to be bad on an Epic level this season. That's on the GM, not the HC. In one of the deepest drafts in years, our first four rounds netted DeMarcus Lawrence and Anthony Hitchens for the defense. Could have netted Calvin Pryor, Kony Ealy, Louis Nix and Carl Bradford. Compare those two groupings a year from now and then put the blame where it should go, on the Owner/GM

I think JJ's reputation has unfairly precceded him, I believe he's been pretty hands off in the JG era with the exception of contract negotiations which is his job as the G.M. I think J.G. record has been earned by him and him alone. We all watch the games he's loss 2 or 3 games a year just on poor clock management and not understanding or recognizing rather situations

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JJ's reputation has unfairly precceded him, I believe he's been pretty hands off in the JG era with the exception of contract negotiations which is his job as the G.M. I think J.G. record has been earned by him and him alone. We all watch the games he's loss 2 or 3 games a year just on poor clock management and not understanding or recognizing rather situations

I have to totally disagree with you there. JG's first full year with the team, it's well documented that Jerry destroyed JG IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE TEAM after the Detroit loss for blowing a big lead by not running the ball late. Then he did the same thing in reverse when the Cowboys lost to the Patriots, only that time it was for not passing the ball. Jerry telling JG what he thinks about play calling is about like me telling Nolan Ryan how to get on top of his fastball

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm 100% with ya on Nix. Their D is gonna be sick. They are gonna start Fitzpatrick, but I think before it's said and done, Savage will be the QB. Probably a year and another solid draft away from the playoffs IMO, but 8-8 wouldn't surprise me at all

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to totally disagree with you there. JG's first full year with the team, it's well documented that Jerry destroyed JG IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE TEAM after the Detroit loss for blowing a big lead by not running the ball late. Then he did the same thing in reverse when the Cowboys lost to the Patriots, only that time it was for not passing the ball. Jerry telling JG what he thinks about play calling is about like me telling Nolan Ryan how to get on top of his fastball

Well hell in both cases he was right. The only thing he did wrong was air it out in front of the team. Jason did screw up both times that's not Jerry's fault.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% with ya on Nix. Their D is gonna be sick. They are gonna start Fitzpatrick, but I think before it's said and done, Savage will be the QB. Probably a year and another solid draft away from the playoffs IMO, but 8-8 wouldn't surprise me at all

Don't for get Houston LB's and DB's mostly at safety is just as bad as our situation in Dallas.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hell in both cases he was right. The only thing he did wrong was air it out in front of the team. Jason did screw up both times that's not Jerry's fault.

:clap: :clap: :clap: