• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I love JG

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call him what you want. He has made mistakes . Sure, he was probably spoon fed the job. When the guy use to get a chance to play, I actually thought I might could throw a ball further. I really didnt know how he had a job as a backup QB in the NFL. Then the story of his dad being a scout , I understood a bit more. / As far as coaching- he hasnt been great , he hasnt been terrible either. We always complain about the lack of talent this team has minus a few Stars. To me- this guy is just a born leader. No matter what the case, he has always maintained his stance on the team and never made an excuse about any injury or injuries that I have heard anyway. Its just hard to finish a puzzle, if you have a few bent pieces.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call him what you want. He has made mistakes . Sure, he was probably spoon fed the job. When the guy use to get a chance to play, I actually thought I might could throw a ball further. I really didnt know how he had a job as a backup QB in the NFL. Then the story of his dad being a scout , I understood a bit more. / As far as coaching- he hasnt been great , he hasnt been terrible either. We always complain about the lack of talent this team has minus a few Stars. To me- this guy is just a born leader. No matter what the case, he has always maintained his stance on the team and never made an excuse about any injury or injuries that I have heard anyway. Its just hard to finish a puzzle, if you have a few bent pieces.

lil red has lost more games than he has won, his game management SUCKS! I am glad Jerry is due to bring in a real HC this cycle.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil red has lost more games than he has won, his game management SUCKS! I am glad Jerry is due to bring in a real HC this cycle.

29-27 is his record. As far as bringing in a real head coach and JJ- not to be an ass but his track record at that isnt too good either- Johnson, Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillips, Garrett.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29-27 is his record. As far as bringing in a real head coach and JJ- not to be an ass but his track record at that isnt too good either- Johnson, Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillips, Garrett.

I should have been more specific, he has blown more games with his piss poor game management. I willing to bet the next coach want be a puppet.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Cowboys coach needs to be is 2 things. A calm class act & of course a winning coach.

He has done a great job as a class act but he just seems to be missing something as a head coach.
When I watch games ..it looks as if he has a cookie cutter approach to every game, instead of a specific strategy that plays to the weakness of an opposing team.

End the end I do hope it all clicks from him this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Cowboys coach needs to be is 2 things. A calm class act & of course a winning coach.

He has done a great job as a class act but he just seems to be missing something as a head coach.
When I watch games ..it looks as if he has a cookie cutter approach to every game, instead of a specific strategy that plays to the weakness of an opposing team.

End the end I do hope it all clicks from him this year.

Great Post!
:clap:

I couldn't agree more

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett's clock management is downright scary!

That said, I think Garrett does a good job of being a head coach Tuesday through Saturday. Sunday's and Monday's (and some Thursday's), not so much.

The Green Bay game this past year was a prime example of terrible clock management. Garrett's time management strategy does not seem to be getting better,. As smart as he is, Garrett isn't too quick thinking on his feet it would seem.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett's clock management is downright scary!

That said, I think Garrett does a good job of being a head coach Tuesday through Saturday. Sunday's and Monday's (and some Thursday's), not so much.

The Green Bay game this past year was a prime example of terrible clock management. Garrett's time management strategy does not seem to be getting better,. As smart as he is, Garrett isn't too quick thinking on his feet it would seem.

Like most Geeks, he seems to lack COMMON SENSE :L

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for arguments sake, I would say Pete Carroll made some mistakes with the Pats and the Jets before he became one of the best in the NFL. Didnt Belicheck struggle in Cleveland. Im not saying he will turn into those guys - one reason they are defensive minded. He is an offensive guy.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for arguments sake, I would say Pete Carroll made some mistakes with the Pats and the Jets before he became one of the best in the NFL. Didnt Belicheck struggle in Cleveland. Im not saying he will turn into those guys - one reason they are defensive minded. He is an offensive guy.

That's a fair point. But I think it's also fair to say Garrett hasn't shown any improvement in his most glaring weaknesses in the 3.5 years he has been on the job. Clock management is as poor now as it was the day he started. These miscues have directly cost Dallas several games over the past few years.

I believe that if Garrett is to be a successful head coach, it will be somewhere else, away from the disaster that is the Dallas front office. Look at what he has to deal with this year; Callahan as the OC; Linehan is the play caller; Kiffen is the senior/special adviser to new DC Rod Marinelli. How many talking heads does Garrett have to put up with? He has no autonomy and as such doesn't have any room to grow as a head coach. He is in a fucked up situation. And if they don't win this year, he has to go. Life isn't fair sometimes, but he didn't have to work for Jerry either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with what you said here. I think you touched on a lot of his positive attributes. However, like many here have pointed out you left off a lot of the negatives. It boggles my mind that a man that is so smart and so level headed and such a student of the game can appear so dumb and make so many seemingly panic moves during the game itself. I've said a bunch of times before I'd take Garrett as my coach 6 out of 7 days a week. Unfortunately they earn their pay on that 7th day. Personally I think he should have been fired. But, I don't write him off as a lost cause either. As I said he has a lot of positives that hopefully this year will outweigh his negatives.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you said here. I think you touched on a lot of his positive attributes. However, like many here have pointed out you left off a lot of the negatives. It boggles my mind that a man that is so smart and so level headed and such a student of the game can appear so dumb and make so many seemingly panic moves during the game itself. I've said a bunch of times before I'd take Garrett as my coach 6 out of 7 days a week. Unfortunately they earn their pay on that 7th day. Personally I think he should have been fired. But, I don't write him off as a lost cause either. As I said he has a lot of positives that hopefully this year will outweigh his negatives.

I just said why I liked the guy.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to move on from JG, maybe this year he proves me wrong. I hope he proves me wrong. I think Eastbay said it though he's a smart guy who lacks common sense. He's implemented some great things especially the accountability in the locker room and on the field. His in game management is another story though. He'd probably be a better assistant or even front office guy even G.M. but head coach nah.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to move on from JG, maybe this year he proves me wrong. I hope he proves me wrong. I think Eastbay said it though he's a smart guy who lacks common sense. He's implemented some great things especially the accountability in the locker room and on the field. His in game management is another story though. He'd probably be a better assistant or even front office guy even G.M. but head coach nah.

I think he should follow in his Pops footsteps & become a scout. He has know problem finding the "RKG"

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of garret. He knows his defense sucks and still passes the ball. He does not learn from mistakes every year the cowboys blow big leads. In those cases its a victory if they just ran the ball

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't totally blame garrett for the mediocrity. Jerrah and stevie put him in a bad position by dumb trades and stupid contract extensions for washed up players like ratliff and newman.etc. Jerrahs plan and moves as gm have been those of a bipolar buffoon

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of garret. He knows his defense sucks and still passes the ball. He does not learn from mistakes every year the cowboys blow big leads. In those cases its a victory if they just ran the ball

to run the ball you have to have blocking and you have to admit our blocking wasn't the best. plus when you come to the line with the play a run and you see 7 or 8 defensive players in the box a run isn't going to work 99% of the time. you have to have a system where the other team doesn't know what you're going to run before you do

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to run the ball you have to have blocking and you have to admit our blocking wasn't the best. plus when you come to the line with the play a run and you see 7 or 8 defensive players in the box a run isn't going to work 99% of the time. you have to have a system where the other team doesn't know what you're going to run before you do

I think you meant 8 or 9 in the box, but I disagree. You need to run the ball when it is working even if the defense has 8 in the box. The running game is in part imposing your will on the defense. Nothing more effective than when you can run the ball even when everyone in the stadium knows you are going to do so. Then you can go PAP or throw deep. If every time the defense puts 8 in the box you audible to a pass you become predictable and the defense plays knowing that it is going to be a pass. Even the safety can then drop back before the snap. That has been one of our biggest problems. Teams have stated over and over they know when we are going to throw the ball and their DLine pins theirs ears back and comes at our QB

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you meant 8 or 9 in the box, but I disagree. You need to run the ball when it is working even if the defense has 8 in the box. The running game is in part imposing your will on the defense. Nothing more effective than when you can run the ball even when everyone in the stadium knows you are going to do so. Then you can go PAP or throw deep. If every time the defense puts 8 in the box you audible to a pass you become predictable and the defense plays knowing that it is going to be a pass. Even the safety can then drop back before the snap. That has been one of our biggest problems. Teams have stated over and over they know when we are going to throw the ball and their DLine pins theirs ears back and comes at our QB

I agree. running into 8 or more in the box is a necessary evil. If you don't sometimes the defense will dictate to the offense what gets called.
running into 8 or more is like body punches in boxing. isn't spectacular but is needed to win the fight. It cant be ignored. (like we have been doing)

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jason Garrett gets fired, he will be one of the most sought after OC in the NFL.