• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did a thread about Alabama and Wisconsin turn into a Jim Harbaugh thread? Jim Harbaugh is a 3rd rate coach of a 2nd rate team. As long as Harbaugh is coach of Michigan you don't have to worry about him coaching Michigan State or Michigan beating Michigan State ... now run along!!

Because your fellow Michigan fan is a dumbass and tries to claim Saban is only good in the SEC.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the original question: Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

Alabama is a better team.

No. Alabama has the perception of being a better team. No H2H or common opponents to say anything else. Sure, the data in computer models has Alabama by a slight edge but that is all.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Alabama has the perception of being a better team. No H2H or common opponents to say anything else. Sure, the data in computer models has Alabama by a slight edge but that is all.

Wisconsin was shit. Everyone knew it all year long and you proved it when you played Ohio St. You were just the latest Big10 West team to avoid all the strength of the Big10 East and pretend. It was Iowa the year before, etc.

You played nobody OOC and didn't even attempt to. BYU was your big OOC game.

Wisconsin didn't get in because of what YOU did. You had your chance, you blew it, cry more.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin was shit. Everyone knew it all year long and you proved it when you played Ohio St. You were just the latest Big10 West team to avoid all the strength of the Big10 East and pretend. It was Iowa the year before, etc.

You played nobody OOC and didn't even attempt to. BYU was your big OOC game.

Wisconsin didn't get in because of what YOU did. You had your chance, you blew it, cry more.

Sorry, but what I said still stands. Alabama was perceived to be the better team. And I ain't crying. I have said before that our task was laid out from the beginning of the season. Go undefeated and then the CFP. We didn't do that. No problem. That does not mean that Alabama was better than us. You lost to Auburn. We lost to Ohio State. The committee decided you looked like a better team than both Ohio State(because of record) and us because of perception.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but what I said still stands. Alabama was perceived to be the better team. And I ain't crying. I have said before that our task was laid out from the beginning of the season. Go undefeated and then the CFP. We didn't do that. No problem. That does not mean that Alabama was better than us. You lost to Auburn. We lost to Ohio State. The committee decided you looked like a better team than both Ohio State(because of record) and us because of perception.

"because of perception".

Perception = a terrible SoS, while not winning in an impressive manner. This is 100% Wisconsin's fault.

And you are crying. You're trying to claim that the playoffs should be expanded to included Wisconsin, that Alabama being included wasn't really justified.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th place team when only 3 teams deserved to go.

It's the reason why 8 team playoffs are awful, not the reason for it.

What 4th place team?

5 Conference Champions and 3 at large ... just to clarify things, one team in the playoffs is not a P5 Conference Champ ... your team ... the favorite team (betting wise) to win it all.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the selection committee is extremely biased towards past performance and blue bloods. Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, USC, Penn State, etc. are always going to get the benefit of the doubt over anyone else with a similar resume.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 4th place team?

5 Conference Champions and 3 at large ... just to clarify things, one team in the playoffs is not a P5 Conference Champ ... your team ... the favorite team (betting wise) to win it all.

Conference champion is....champion of that conference. It doesn't mean you should automatically get a damn thing.

"Fuck the rest of the season, all that matters is this 1 game because this group of teams said so"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the selection committee is extremely biased towards past performance and blue bloods. Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, USC, Penn State, etc. are always going to get the benefit of the doubt over anyone else with a similar resume.

Except you can come to the same conclusions for every single playoff selection without doing that.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you can come to the same conclusions for every single playoff selection without doing that.
Which team in the playoff didn't win their conference championship?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"because of perception".

Perception = a terrible SoS, while not winning in an impressive manner. This is 100% Wisconsin's fault.

And you are crying. You're trying to claim that the playoffs should be expanded to included Wisconsin, that Alabama being included wasn't really justified.

SOS ratings are not facts. If a teams SOS rating was the same across all ratings services, it could be called a fact. As far as crying, I said along time ago that Wisconsin didn't deserve to be there. They didn't win their conference. Oh, wait.....

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team in the playoffs weren't in the conference championship game?
The team that needs numbers on their helmets because they can't remember which one is theirs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team in the playoff didn't win their conference championship?

Which team only got to play in the conference champion and get a rematch because they play in the shitty side of the conference?

Hell you lost to Auburn worse than Alabama did the first time, and a large part of the reason you beat Auburn the 2nd time is because they didn't have their RB because they played Alabama the week before.

So congrats on winning the SEC due to playing the weaker side of the conference and having Alabama beat them up for you.

Georgia being the SEC champion this year is actually a joke and highlights how stupid conference divisions are. They shouldn't have even been in that game to start with.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS ratings are not facts. If a teams SOS rating was the same across all ratings services, it could be called a fact. As far as crying, I said along time ago that Wisconsin didn't deserve to be there. They didn't win their conference. Oh, wait.....

They aren't random either. There are times when they are off, for example Alabama doesn't get credit for beating FSU with it's returning QB who threw for over 3000 yards last year. Alabama gets credit for the FSU team that finished the season 6-6.

And still, Alabama's schedule was tougher than Wisconsin's - while having 2 less games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't random either. There are times when they are off, for example Alabama doesn't get credit for beating FSU with it's returning QB who threw for over 3000 yards last year. Alabama gets credit for the FSU team that finished the season 6-6.

And still, Alabama's schedule was tougher than Wisconsin's - while having 2 less games.
2 less games? CCG and? Did you get one rained out?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team only got to play in the conference champion and get a rematch because they play in the shitty side of the conference?

Hell you lost to Auburn worse than Alabama did the first time, and a large part of the reason you beat Auburn the 2nd time is because they didn't have their RB because they played Alabama the week before.

So congrats on winning the SEC due to playing the weaker side of the conference and having Alabama beat them up for you.

Georgia being the SEC champion this year is actually a joke and highlights how stupid conference divisions are. They shouldn't have even been in that game to start with.
Georgia won the game they were supposed to win and Alabama didn't. Sorry, but there is no real argument for Alabama being in the playoff besides past performance.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

College Football is the only sport where you can win your conference and still not have a shot for the national title.