• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia won the game they were supposed to win and Alabama didn't. Sorry, but there is no real argument for Alabama being in the playoff besides past performance.

I can see Alabama as a playoff team, but after P5 Champions ...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia won the game they were supposed to win and Alabama didn't. Sorry, but there is no real argument for Alabama being in the playoff besides past performance.

Alabama and Georgia both lost to Auburn. Georgia actually lost worse than Alabama did.

You got a rematch because you played in a shit division. You were ranked below both Alabama and Auburn going into the SEC Championship game. It should have been a rematch between Alabama and Auburn.

So I guess you like systems that reward teams for playing in the easier conferences/divisions.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Alabama as a playoff team, but after P5 Champions ...

Which is total bullshit. Alabama has to make it in on merit, but a team that plays in a weak conference gets in just because they have a P5 label?

Hell, if you go to 8 teams why the fuck do you still need AQ? If your conference champion can't make the top8, maybe there is a reason for it.

Basically what you're saying is - no longer try to make your conference better, because you want to play in the weakest possible conference for the easiest road to the playoffs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and Georgia both lost to Auburn. Georgia actually lost worse than Alabama did.

You got a rematch because you played in a shit division. You were ranked below both Alabama and Auburn going into the SEC Championship game. It should have been a rematch between Alabama and Auburn.

So I guess you like systems that reward teams for playing in the easier conferences/divisions.
Alabama had no business being ranked above Georgia before that game. We won our division and you didn't. We've been left out for that exact reason but I doubt you would've made the same argument back then...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama had no business being ranked above Georgia before that game. We won our division and you didn't. We've been left out for that exact reason but I doubt you would've made the same argument back then...

"We won our division"

You beat the shitty side of the SEC. What team in the SEC East is better than even LSU, who finished 4th in the SEC West? I don't even know if Georgia wins that game.

And that is exactly the point. You want to reward teams for playing in weaker conferences/divisions. Alabama's game against Auburn matter because we play in the same division as them. Georgia's game didn't matter because stupid fucking divisions.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is total bullshit. Alabama has to make it in on merit, but a team that plays in a weak conference gets in just because they have a P5 label?

Hell, if you go to 8 teams why the fuck do you still need AQ? If your conference champion can't make the top8, maybe there is a reason for it.

Basically what you're saying is - no longer try to make your conference better, because you want to play in the weakest possible conference for the easiest road to the playoffs.

Not at all ... all the P5 Conferences are respectable and a tough schedule could help you get an at large bid

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to ubër homer fan @TrustMeIamRight and ubër conference homer @4down20 . I’m just using the materials I’m given. I didn’t bring him up first but I’m going to shoot at anything that moves.
14ec2d5d577c1ddc05e0f331d05f6d4e.gif

Michigan homer? I’m using this time to remind Bama fans Saban is a great coach......................in the SEC. They don’t like when I remind them how Saban was a .500 coach in the B1G with one good season and never won a bowl game. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all ... all the P5 Conferences are respectable and a tough schedule could help you get an at large bid

Actually a weak schedule without many losses = best way to win at large bid.

Alabama over Ohio St proves that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan homer? I’m using this time to remind Bama fans Saban is a great coach......................in the SEC. They don’t like when I remind them how Saban was a .500 coach in the B1G with one good season and never won a bowl game. :lol:

Actually we think it's pretty funny how desperate you are to minimize Saban that you have to make such stupid posts.

Especially when you combine them with Harbaugh's NFL experience.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban's record at Alabama has nothing to do with his time at Michigan State, with the possible exception that all of our past experiences are learning experiences. According to your transitive logic D'antonio would never lose a game in the SEC ... that's just illogical. Alabama is a top rate college football program and Saban is probably the best head coach in college.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban's record at Alabama has nothing to do with his time at Michigan State, with the possible exception that all of our past experiences are learning experiences. According to your transitive logic D'antonio would never lose a game in the SEC ... that's just illogical. Alabama is a top rate college football program and Saban is probably the best head coach in college.
Best recruiter with the advantages the SEC provides? Absolutely, without question.

Outside the SEC — he was a solid coach, but nothing special. It is why people laugh when he talks about wanting a level playing field.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best recruiter with the advantages the SEC provides? Absolutely, without question.

Outside the SEC — he was a solid coach, but nothing special. It is why people laugh when he talks about wanting a level playing field.

Why would you down grade the guy? He's the best there is ... give him credit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder why he recruits so well.

Wonder if it's related to the way NFL teams consider Alabama players more ready for the NFL than others.

:think:

What do you think of fat bert? Won a Big10 Conference championship, couldn't win shit in the SEC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we think it's pretty funny how desperate you are to minimize Saban that you have to make such stupid posts.

Especially when you combine them with Harbaugh's NFL experience.

Desperate? I just point out, after you make a comment about Harbaugh, that the SEC great had 5 years in the B1G and never won a division title, a conference title, a bowl game or even 10 games in a season. Hell, he did less in 5 years than both George Perles and Mike Dantonio did at MSU.

And I don’t bring up the NFL when talking about Harbaugh and Saban. There would be no reason to. I only bring up Saban and the NFL when laughing at him wanting a level playing field, because he had that in the NFL, finished under .500, realized his advantages were gone and ran back to the SEC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperate? I just point out, after you make a comment about Harbaugh, that the SEC great had 5 years in the B1G and never won a division title, a conference title, a bowl game or even 10 games in a season. Hell, he did less in 5 years than both George Perles and Mike Dantonio did at MSU.

And I don’t bring up the NFL when talking about Harbaugh and Saban. There would be no reason to. I only bring up Saban and the NFL when laughing at him wanting a level playing field, because he had that in the NFL, finished under .500, realized his advantages were gone and ran back to the SEC.

But fat Bert did, so he must be the greatest coach of all time right?

And he wasn't doing bad in the NFL, there is a reason Miami fans were pissed he left and why NFL teams contact him every year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But fat Bert did, so he must be the greatest coach of all time right?

And he wasn't doing bad in the NFL, there is a reason Miami fans were pissed he left and why NFL teams contact him every year.

Now your argument is.......what about Fat Bert? Grasping at straws are ya?

You are right — he wasn’t doing bad. He did about as well as he did as MSU. Right around .500. He is a miracle worker...........in the SEC, when you give him, by far, the most talent.

If you’d like to say he is the greatest recruiter — I’d agree without a doubt. We all got to see how he fared outside the SEC though, when he didn’t have the #1 recruiting class over and over.

It’d be like the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and then the NFL giving them the #1 pick in the draft — that is Alabama’s position in CFB. It is why they say — CFB is about who can collect the most talent — THAT is what makes Saban great in the SEC.

It is why I’ve said — I’m more impressed with what Meyer accomplished, because he won in the South, he won in the Midwest, he went undefeated in the West. Saban is great if he has the advantages the SEC provides.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now your argument is.......what about Fat Bert? Grasping at straws are ya?

You are right — he wasn’t doing bad. He did about as well as he did as MSU. Right around .500. He is a miracle worker...........in the SEC, when you give him, by far, the most talent.

If you’d like to say he is the greatest recruiter — I’d agree without a doubt. We all got to see how he fared outside the SEC though, when he didn’t have the #1 recruiting class over and over.

It’d be like the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and then the NFL giving them the #1 pick in the draft — that is Alabama’s position in CFB. It is why they say — CFB is about who can collect the most talent — THAT is what makes Saban great in the SEC.

It is why I’ve said — I’m more impressed with what Meyer accomplished, because he won in the South, he won in the Midwest, he went undefeated in the West. Saban is great if he has the advantages the SEC provides.

Of the national championships Nick Saban has, only 1 of them came as a result of having multiple #1 recruiting classes - 2015. All the others came without such benefit.

But please, keep pretending otherwise so you can cherry pick a way of saying Harbaugh is better.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your statement tells you why a school located in a state with skill position players everywhere has a coach with 3 years of any coaching experience at the P5 level.

When you have fans making threats to your coaches — you know you are the trailer park of the south. No wonder Fisher couldn’t wait to get out of there.:lol:

Administration made the threats. We were paying him 6 mil a year. He was going to produce...he didn't
to our satisfaction.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh look, it's Jimmy Jam's pajama buddy back for more lulz...

Still thinks anybody at Alabama cares what Saban did in your scrub league.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the national championships Nick Saban has, only 1 of them came as a result of having multiple #1 recruiting classes - 2015. All the others came without such benefit.

But please, keep pretending otherwise so you can cherry pick a way of saying Harbaugh is better.

:lol::pound::lol::pound::lol:

What is next? CFB is a level playing, the SEC is clean and just wants what is best for anyone other than themselves. Take off the blinders.