• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It snowed where he lives 2 weeks ago - and Lee county is almost in Florida.

I guess he was lying when he said he’d never seen snow, probably lied about never flying on a plane too. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he was lying when he said he’d never seen snow, probably lied about never flying on a plane too. :L

I doubt he was lying. You're just an idiot because you think it applies in bulk.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he was lying. You're just an idiot because you think it applies in bulk.

The ONLY reason I made the statement is because we get the same type of story EVERY YEAR during recruiting visits.

We get the ‘1st time seeing snow stories’ and if we get a commit from the South or West, it is usually followed by the story where they don’t own a winter coat and had to borrow one from ‘insert teammates name’ until they buy one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY reason I made the statement is because we get the same type of story EVERY YEAR during recruiting visits.

We get the ‘1st time seeing snow stories’ and if we get a commit from the South or West, it is usually followed by the story where they don’t own a winter coat and had to borrow one from ‘insert teammates name’ until they buy one.

Except you originally tried to pass it off as the entire south.

He’d get players to come to State — Just NOWHERE NEAR the classes he can get in the South. In the SEC — he gets the best of the best from the South. If you think he is going to get those players to come North — you are delusional. It is why it is such a big deal when any top end recruit from the South signs in the North. Those kids have never even seen snow, let alone have to deal with it for half the year.

It is why MSU, like the majority of the teams in the B1G will most likely never win a NC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you originally tried to pass it off as the entire south.

I didn’t mean every single kid in a state labeled ‘the south’ has never seen a snow flake. I meant they never seen snow like what we can get, or dealt with actual cold weather.

There is a reason why so many people from the Midwest migrate South. The weather. For half the year it is brutally cold here. It isn’t a big selling point when official visits before the signing deadline is during the winter here.

If I were a recruit and I could choose between the Midwest or a school in the South or West where it is sunny almost the entire year — it’d be a no brainer for me. Fuck the ice, fuck the snow, fuck salt trucks, fuck sub zero temperatures. :pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t mean every single kid in a state labeled ‘the south’ has never seen a snow flake. I meant they never seen snow like what we can get, or dealt with actual cold weather.

There is a reason why so many people from the Midwest migrate South. The weather. For half the year it is brutally cold here. It isn’t a big selling point when official visits before the signing deadline is during the winter here.

If I were a recruit and I could choose between the Midwest or a school in the South or West where it is sunny almost the entire year — it’d be a no brainer for me. Fuck the ice, fuck the snow, fuck salt trucks, fuck sub zero temperatures. :pound:

I've lived in both. Snow is much better to deal with than ice.

The only places that rarely get snow in the south are down near the coasts. By the time you get to Northern Alabama you can pretty much expect snow every year. Usually it melts pretty quick, and about every other year you'll have it stick for about a week.

By the time you get to Nashville, you can expect snow every year and around 2 weeks of snow that sticks to the ground.

etc.

But what happens even more often is ice. It rains during the day, freezes and night and fucks everything up. You can drive on snow, you can't drive on ice.

So in most areas it's not that much of a big deal.

I live in Arizona now and have to deal with all you fucking snowbirds. This weather is nothing like the majority of the south. It's in the mid 70's here today, it's 39 degrees back home.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived in both. Snow is much better to deal with than ice.

The only places that rarely get snow in the south are down near the coasts. By the time you get to Northern Alabama you can pretty much expect snow every year. Usually it melts pretty quick, and about every other year you'll have it stick for about a week.

By the time you get to Nashville, you can expect snow every year and around 2 weeks of snow that sticks to the ground.

etc.

But what happens even more often is ice. It rains during the day, freezes and night and fucks everything up. You can drive on snow, you can't drive on ice.

So in most areas it's not that much of a big deal.

I live in Arizona now and have to deal with all you fucking snowbirds. This weather is nothing like the majority of the south. It's in the mid 70's here today, it's 39 degrees back home.

We have a skating rink to drive on right now and has been that way for the last week. They salt the road, it is -10 overnight, all moisture freezes, rinse and repeat.

Personally I have no idea who gets snow and who doesn’t in the rest of the country. My comment was based on the stories they write every year. We always have a handful of stories about guys who see snow for the first time. I don’t even pay attention to where they are from, because it is the same story year after year with a name.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49'rs got a ton of top draft picks as a result of those seasons is the part you are ignoring.

Because it's the NFL and they reward teams for sucking and punish teams for success.

Did Miami not receive those draft picks too? I can agree both were messes when each arrived but Miami certainly wasn’t worse off. Fact of all this is between those two messes Harbaugh was able to win a bunch more games and go very far in the playoffs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Miami not receive those draft picks too? I can agree both were messes when each arrived but Miami certainly wasn’t worse off. Fact of all this is between those two messes Harbaugh was able to win a bunch more games and go very far in the playoffs.

I really only know about the 49'rs because I lived in the bay at that time and went to many of their games, talked to their fans a good bit, etc.

Also being a Bears fan I had an obvious soft spot for Singletary.

All I know about Miami in that time was Saban got fucked by their medical staff over QB selection getting Culpepper instead of Brees.

I dislike the NFL generally. It's football so I'll still watch, but I don't keep track of it. Forced parity is fake parity.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cute. Love how everyone goes straight to Mercer.

A close loss to Auburn on the road >>>>>>>>> Losing close on the road to wazzou, and losing by 35 on the road to ND.

Nothing close about it. We dominated you. We own you to at least November.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really only know about the 49'rs because I lived in the bay at that time and went to many of their games, talked to their fans a good bit, etc.

Also being a Bears fan I had an obvious soft spot for Singletary.

All I know about Miami in that time was Saban got fucked by their medical staff over QB selection getting Culpepper instead of Brees.

I dislike the NFL generally. It's football so I'll still watch, but I don't keep track of it. Forced parity is fake parity.

Meh, not sure Brees would have thrived in a Saban offense with the dolphins. He would have been certainly better then culpepper though.

I’m not a huge fan of the nfl ethier. But it’s quite good what Harbaugh did in San Fran considering where they were before he got there. 3 NFC championship games and a super bowl in 4 years as an NFL coach is HOF type credentials.

But getting back to the college football side, Harbaugh doesn’t and never will hold a candle to Saban in college. But then again everyone already knows this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not sure Brees would have thrived in a Saban offense with the dolphins. He would have been certainly better then culpepper though.

I’m not a huge fan of the nfl ethier. But it’s quite good what Harbaugh did in San Fran considering where they were before he got there. 3 NFC championship games and a super bowl in 4 years as an NFL coach is HOF type credentials.

But getting back to the college football side, Harbaugh doesn’t and never will hold a candle to Saban in college. But then again everyone already knows this.

I actually like Harbaugh. He's the reason I like Stanford and it was obvious he was able to unfuck the offense at the 49'rs.

Some people just overstate how good of a coach he is.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Harbaugh. He's the reason I like Stanford and it was obvious he was able to unfuck the offense at the 49'rs.

Some people just overstate how good of a coach he is.

There aren’t many coaches that would have been able to do what he did at Stanford. There’s even fewer that would have done what he did in San Fran.

But at Michigan he’s been meh.

I can see some people do overstate how good of a coach he is, there are more that overstate how he is a mediocre/bad coach because of his time at Michigan.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin didn't play any OOC game from another P5 League. That's why it took them
13 weeks to even make the final four. That committee was not going to reward a team
that ducked competition for the entire season. They would set a horrible precedent.

If Whisky had beaten OSU they would have gotten in as an unbeaten, but even that wasn't a
sure thing.

BYU is considered a P5 team like Notre Dame. Meanwhile Bama played Mercer. Wisconsin got to their Championship game and won their division. Bama didn't do either of those and in the end Wisconsin will have more ranked wins than Bama even with the SEC bias in the committee. As I stated all year there is an overrepresentation of people in the committee with ties to the SEC and they favor the teams who were in the previous CFP. That's the reason why Bama was in over Wisconsin.

Next

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren’t many coaches that would have been able to do what he did at Stanford. There’s even fewer that would have done what he did in San Fran.

But at Michigan he’s been meh.

I can see some people do overstate how good of a coach he is, there are more that overstate how he is a mediocre/bad coach because of his time at Michigan.

That's because he's in the toughest division in college football right now. MSU, PSU, OSU and Michigan will almost always have 1-2 of those teams in the top ten and sometimes maybe even 3. Michigan just needed a game manager QB to take their division but so far they've had a TO prone QB like the Badgers which stops them from going to the championship.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU is considered a P5 team like Notre Dame. Meanwhile Bama played Mercer. Wisconsin got to their Championship game and won their division. Bama didn't do either of those and in the end Wisconsin will have more ranked wins than Bama even with the SEC bias in the committee. As I stated all year there is an overrepresentation of people in the committee with ties to the SEC and they favor the teams who were in the previous CFP. That's the reason why Bama was in over Wisconsin.

Next

The only reason to focus on who gets rewarded in the stead of you is because you did not earn it, and don't want to accept it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to focus on who gets rewarded in the stead of you is because you did not earn it, and don't want to accept it.

So Bama earned it by losing and not even making it to their championship? Double standard much

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he's in the toughest division in college football right now. MSU, PSU, OSU and Michigan will almost always have 1-2 of those teams in the top ten and sometimes maybe even 3. Michigan just needed a game manager QB to take their division but so far they've had a TO prone QB like the Badgers which stops them from going to the championship.

He’s at Michigan dude. They are historically superior as a program to at least two of those 3 teams you mentioned in that division. He started doing well at Stanford because he started recruiting remarkably better then his predecessor did. He should not be consistently finishing in 3rd in this division. If peters was their best qb he should have started him from day 1.

Listen I think Harbaugh is a good coach but his Michigan tenure is not helping others think that thus far.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next

BYU has never been considered a Power 5 team.

When this entire format was formed it involved only teams from the Pac12, Big10, Big12 and SEC.
A few weeks later they added the ACC (when they knew that FSU, Clemson, Miami, etc would not jump
to the Big12. They also added a provision for ND to reach the playoffs and participate in Elite
Bowl games to include payouts.

There has never been any provisions made for BYU to get into anything. As an Independent, they can't
even get the Group of 5 elite spot. Only the highest ranked Conf Champ of the Other 5 leagues
can get that.

You can't be a Power 5 Independent when you don't play many Power 5 teams.

This year BYU played 4 P5 teams. (Lost them all)
In 2016 they played 6 P5 teams (3-3)
In 2015 they played 4 P5 teams (1-3)
In 2014 they played 3 P5 teams (3-0)

Plus they lost to Utah in the Vegas Bowl in 2015
They are 7-11 in the 4 years of the Playoff System...P5 scenario.
ND is 22-18 in the same time period vs P5 teams.

ND averages 10 games a season vs P5 squads...not 4.