• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about FSU standards not Michigan. He'll have double digit wins and return us to being
a contender both League and Nation.
We don't embrace this mediocrity stuff, like has engulfed
Michigan for 4 or 5 decades.
:scratch:

michigan had double digit wins in 2015 and 2016, and last year was 6th in the final CFP rankings.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what it is all about nowadays?

No and frankly I get tired of people using it as an excuse for anything they don't agree with.

Does money matter? Yes of course, but the notion that major decisions are driven based on it is nothing more than an appeal to peoples cynical side rather than anything based in actual fact.

Alabama making the playoffs is a prime example of it not being about the money, and even so far as to say the politics and fan whining doesn't matter. They had every reason to put Ohio St in over Alabama except for football reasons and yet they didn't.

The truth is, the money is going to come regardless. And yes they will try to maximize what they get, it would be dumb otherwise. But the notion that things are only driven based on money is really just baseless.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with anything?

You people only played 4 teams with winning records and with you being coached by
the recreation of Fielding Yost...All 4 of them whipped your ass...and Fielding Yost, Part 2 is in
his 3rd year.

Florida produces High School football players by the 100's and Willie is an excellent recruiter
he'll be just fine here.

Hell even Harbaugh coaching at Florida State would probably be able to get 10 wins.

Too funny — you just had one of the top coaches in the game leave you at the altar and to replace him, you hire a guy with one year experience as a HC in P5, where he was absolutely destroyed by any team with a pulse. Let’s not forget — he also happens to be the first HC with a losing record hired by FSU.

Hell — he couldn’t even get his DC to come with him to FSU, he decided Oregon was less of a train wreck.:lol:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny — you just had one of the top coaches in the game leave you at the altar and to replace him, you hire a guy with one year experience as a HC in P5, where he was absolutely destroyed by any team with a pulse. Let’s not forget — he also happens to be the first HC with a losing record hired by FSU.

Hell — he couldn’t even get his DC to come with him to FSU, he decided Oregon was less of a train wreck.:lol:

On the plus side, they aren't paying Taggert a million dollars per win either.

I would put Taggert's chances of getting to 9 wins next year as better than Jimmy Jam's...seems like a bargain.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, they aren't paying Taggert a million dollars per win either.

I would put Taggert's chances of getting to 9 wins next year as better than Jimmy Jam's...seems like a bargain.

Are you still upset over the facts I’ve given you about Saban? Don’t worry, he is never leaving the SEC, because unlike what comes out of his mouth, the last thing he wants is a level playing field. He has had a chance to try it out — he couldn’t even win 10 games. Hell, he couldn’t win 10 games in the NFL and they play 16. Came so close in the B1G in that one year, while he was there for 5. I do give him props though — he did make it to 3 bowl games and only lost by an average of 3 tds per game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is about money then.

Is this your way of trying to back away from the "all" in your original statement?

There is a big difference in it being "all about the money" and caring about the money.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your way of trying to back away from the "all" in your original statement?

There is a big difference in it being "all about the money" and caring about the money.
I guess so. Obviously they have to play some games or there wouldn't be any money coming in so it isn't ALL about the money.

Is this your way of saying that college football isn't driven at all by money?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so. Obviously they have to play some games or there wouldn't be any money coming in so it isn't ALL about the money.

Is this your way of saying that college football isn't driven at all by money?

There is no real profit for anyone. All the money that is made goes towards the programs themselves, other sports and winning. There aren't people sitting around getting paid more money if they make college football one way or another.

So individual teams and conferences do things to maximize revenue, but it's only to make them better programs/teams.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still upset over the facts I’ve given you about Saban? Don’t worry, he is never leaving the SEC, because unlike what comes out of his mouth, the last thing he wants is a level playing field. He has had a chance to try it out — he couldn’t even win 10 games. Hell, he couldn’t win 10 games in the NFL and they play 16. Came so close in the B1G in that one year, while he was there for 5. I do give him props though — he did make it to 3 bowl games and only lost by an average of 3 tds per game.

All of that is about as important to me as what you had for dinner last night. The only thing that matters to me is what he has done for us.

Why you care about what Jimmy Jam did for other people is beyond me. Myself, I would be more concerned about what he is not doing for Michigan.

Saban would be a HOF coach if the only other coaching experience he had outside Alabama was DB coach in the Lingerie League. Jimmy Jam, not so much.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no real profit for anyone. All the money that is made goes towards the programs themselves, other sports and winning. There aren't people sitting around getting paid more money if they make college football one way or another.

So individual teams and conferences do things to maximize revenue, but it's only to make them better programs/teams.
So, nothing in CFB is done for money then? It is all just one big altruistic love fest and everyone does it just for the good of the game.

Okie dokie then. If that's what you believe, fine by me.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, nothing in CFB is done for money then? It is all just one big altruistic love fest and everyone does it just for the good of the game.

Okie dokie then. If that's what you believe, fine by me.

It's funny when people have to go to extremes as a means of avoiding the obvious point.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fisher had zero experience as a head coach when he took over.
Bobby only had 6 years as a HC at a big school and had never had a double digit
win season at WVU. He had 18 at FSU.
Coach Pete had zero seasons as a HC when we hired him in 1960.

When you can offer the HC an ample supply of players, on hand, and keys to the safe in the
most skill position populated State in the Union...things have a way of working out for the good.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered the other time someone tried to use Big10 records in comparison to Saban to suggest they were a better coach.

It was fat ass Bert.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hey, this thread is still a thing.

Heh

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny when people have to go to extremes as a means of avoiding the obvious point.
It is. And it is equally amusing when people are in denial about reality. (or naive enough to pretend reality doesn't exist.)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

thumb.aspx

The short and sweet answer...Bama sells more.

Bama vs GA or Bama vs OU is a much bigger draw than the Badgers vs either one of those teams.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered the other time someone tried to use Big10 records in comparison to Saban to suggest they were a better coach.

It was fat ass Bert.
I also remember when you used to defend him being a great coach.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also remember when you used to defend him being a great coach.

I doubt that. The only thing I ever liked about him was he ran the ball.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is. And it is equally amusing when people are in denial about reality. (or naive enough to pretend reality doesn't exist.)

It's funny that people think it's an actual NCAA organization that makes billions every year. And then they treat it like it's a private company - because they are ignorant to the reality of how the NCAA actually works.

Saying decisions are based on money is nothing more than a lame copout that isn't even remotely based in fact.