• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has experience. He has it at the lower level where he has to be a "coach" not just a CEO/recruiter
and he turned WKU around in a big way.

He turned USF around...made them an excellent mid-range team that could be competitive vs anybody
and he recruited well there. He got them more 4-star and 3-star players over a 4-year period of
time than 6 Big10 schools, 6 ACC schools, 4 Pac12 schools and 3 Big 12 schools.

At Oregon he started 6-1 until his QB went down. He'll have more than 1 QB at FSU.

We're happy.

He does? The one year at Oregon and 2 years as a RB at Stanford? Or are you saying his experience coaching at WKU or South Florida? Because you mentioned USF, but if having a best win of Navy in 3 years means you can play with anyone, then you should be ecstatic.

And it is impressive to start 6-1 at Oregon, if that were actually true. He started 3-0 with big wins over Southern Utah and Wyoming, with a big OOC win over 4-8 Nebraska 45-38 (think that was the score?)
They then lost 4 of their next 5, getting blown out by the only teams with a heartbeat on their schedule.

And excuse me if myself, and others, chuckle when you say FSU won’t have only one QB. You do realize, that is the excuse you are using for him at Oregon and the exact same excuse FSU used for a 6-6 season this year.

But hey, if he is the type of coach you think FSU should hire — congrats. I expected more, but maybe FSU didn’t want to have a Tennessee situation, so they went for the sure thing.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has experience. He has it at the lower level where he has to be a "coach" not just a CEO/recruiter
and he turned WKU around in a big way.

He turned USF around...made them an excellent mid-range team that could be competitive vs anybody
and he recruited well there. He got them more 4-star and 3-star players over a 4-year period of
time than 6 Big10 schools, 6 ACC schools, 4 Pac12 schools and 3 Big 12 schools.

At Oregon he started 6-1 until his QB went down. He'll have more than 1 QB at FSU.

We're happy.
throne_of_lies_elf.gif

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does? The one year at Oregon and 2 years as a RB at Stanford? Or are you saying his experience coaching at WKU or South Florida? Because you mentioned USF, but if having a best win of Navy in 3 years means you can play with anyone, then you should be ecstatic.

And it is impressive to start 6-1 at Oregon, if that were actually true. He started 3-0 with big wins over Southern Utah and Wyoming, with a big OOC win over 4-8 Nebraska 45-38 (think that was the score?)
They then lost 4 of their next 5, getting blown out by the only teams with a heartbeat on their schedule.

And excuse me if myself, and others, chuckle when you say FSU won’t have only one QB. You do realize, that is the excuse you are using for him at Oregon and the exact same excuse FSU used for a 6-6 season this year.

But hey, if he is the type of coach you think FSU should hire — congrats. I expected more, but maybe FSU didn’t want to have a Tennessee situation, so they went for the sure thing.

We went for who we wanted.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he improves on 6-6 — it was a good hire? Or are you talking about the 47-50 record?

I'm talking about FSU standards not Michigan. He'll have double digit wins and return us to being
a contender both League and Nation. We don't embrace this mediocrity stuff, like has engulfed
Michigan for 4 or 5 decades.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about FSU standards not Michigan. He'll have double digit wins and return us to being
a contender both League and Nation. We don't embrace this mediocrity stuff, like has engulfed
Michigan for 4 or 5 decades.

You don’t embrace? You realize your coach left you — FSU had no choice in the matter.

Your replacement — a guy with one year HC experience at P5 or higher, coming off a year where he lost by an average of 30 ppg to the only teams with a pulse on his schedule.

Yeah — FSU is shooting for the stars. From Bowden to Jimbo Fisher to :lol::lol:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t embrace? You realize your coach left you — FSU had no choice in the matter.

Your replacement — a guy with one year HC experience at P5 or higher, coming off a year where he lost by an average of 30 ppg to the only teams with a pulse on his schedule.

Still has a better chance of winning his rivalry game than Jimmy Jam.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the reasoning is because of Ohio State jumping Penn State last year and got humiliated 31-0 by Clemson. Turns out the Big10 is still a weak conference as opposed to the ACC and the SEC.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the reasoning is because of Ohio State jumping Penn State last year and got humiliated 31-0 by Clemson. Turns out the Big10 is still a weak conference as opposed to the ACC and the SEC.
Has the SEC, ACC, or the Big12 shown that they are anything but a one team conference?

Big10 has been embarrassed the last two playoffs and so far this year so the best thing for college football is being left out of the playoffs.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does that have to do with anything?

You people only played 4 teams with winning records and with you being coached by
the recreation of Fielding Yost...All 4 of them whipped your ass...and Fielding Yost, Part 2 is in
his 3rd year.

Florida produces High School football players by the 100's and Willie is an excellent recruiter
he'll be just fine here.

Hell even Harbaugh coaching at Florida State would probably be able to get 10 wins.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the SEC, ACC, or the Big12 shown that they are anything but a one team conference?

Big10 has been embarrassed the last two playoffs and so far this year so the best thing for college football is being left out of the playoffs.

SEC: Georgia, Auburn and Alabama
ACC: Clemson Miami, and NC State

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell even Harbaugh coaching at Florida State would probably be able to get 10 wins.

Whoaaaa....pump the breaks. 6 of FSU's opponents had winning records this year, teams with winning records are Jimmy Jam's Kryptonite. He's 7-10 against teams with winning records at Michigan. Looks to me like Jimmy Jam drops 3 or 4 a season easy playing FSU's schedule.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoaaaa....pump the breaks. 6 of FSU's opponents had winning records this year, teams with winning records are Jimmy Jam's Kryptonite. He's 7-10 against teams with winning records at Michigan. Looks to me like Jimmy Jam drops 3 or 4 a season easy playing FSU's schedule.

OK.

I won't consider him.

Actually, I was just trying to be polite to the Mich guy. Trying to give him some hope.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only as measured by football quality. They are in the top two as measured by conference money coming into the coffers.

Isn't that what it is all about nowadays?

Piss on if a conference/team is any good at football or not. Just keep the Benjamins rolling in and everyone is copacetic. the definition of copacetic