• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will be the 4 worst teams in the AFC?

Who will be the 4 worst teams in the AFC?

• Total voters

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets, jags, browns and ravens
I had Ravens has my wild-card pick.

So many injuries before the season along that offensive line...will Flacco even be healthy at any point this year without a running game or an OL?

Starting Center retired, starting left guard out for season, Rookie guard expect to compete for starting spot out for season, starting LT is out currently with injury, backup T is out with injury.

Lost 2 TE's, their starting RB, and now Perriman is hurt again and is expected to miss some time and apparently won't even be able to suit up to start the season.

Injury bug hit them HARD and we're not even through the 2nd pre-season games yet.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost went with the Colts (along with the Jets, Bills, and Browns) given Luck's arm problems, but I don't really have any idea where he'll be with it at the start of the season. If he is out for an extended period, I'd switch the Jags pick to the Colts.

That's my thinking. Without Luck they are horrible. Even with Luck he'll get injured soon enough with that team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost went with the Colts (along with the Jets, Bills, and Browns) given Luck's arm problems, but I don't really have any idea where he'll be with it at the start of the season. If he is out for an extended period, I'd switch the Jags pick to the Colts.
Someone gave you a funny icon? I can't understand that. I was with Colts have a chance at being really bad. We could see another suck for Luck campaign. We can call it sham for Sam.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are in the SB already

Its silly, and I know they are stacked, but for Jeters sake
Then it shall be a NE vs NYG SB. No way the Gspots shouldn't be there with all that talent. Right Dirt on paper they're stacked. NO reason for them not to be there. Unless...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningless stat of the week:

The two worst seasons in Houston Texans history (2005 and 2013), they went 2-14.

Both seasons they had to play the NFC West.

This season, they have to play the NFC West.
NFC west had the lowest combined win total in the NFL last season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it shall be a NE vs NYG SB. No way the Gspots shouldn't be there with all that talent. Right Dirt on paper they're stacked. NO reason for them not to be there. Unless...

The NFC is a force

I like the Giants, but most of the NFC, save a few teams, you could make a case could be postseason teams

So we will see

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.webp

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC had a winning record against the NFC last year

AFC East > NFC East over the last 8 years right Dirt?

Yes for sure
The Jets Dolphins and Bills look to be better than the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles and Redskins heading into this season

I think everyone would agree

Good post

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for sure
The Jets Dolphins and Bills look to be better than the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles and Redskins heading into this season

I think everyone would agree

Good post
The AFC East I believe has less playoff appearances in the last 15 seasons than any other division in the NFL

Thats about as important a factoid about division strength, as any other

Well since the AFC East has more playoff appearances over the NFC East over the last 8 years, you would agree that the AFC East has been better than the NFC East in that time frame.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since the AFC East has more playoff appearances over the NFC East over the last 8 years, you would agree that the AFC East has been better than the NFC East in that time frame.

I agreed with you, everyone sees the AFC East as a powerhouse

Of course your little fact there only strengthens my original statement that the entire AFC is pretty average

How long has the AFC South been a shit show?

So not surprised that a couple of Jets teams and a Dolphins team snuck into the postseason over the likes of Jacksonville over the past 8 years

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with you, everyone sees the AFC East as a powerhouse

Of course your little fact there only strengthens my original statement that the entire AFC is pretty average

How long has the AFC South been a shit show?

So not surprised that a couple of Jets teams and a Dolphins team snuck into the postseason over the likes of Jacksonville over the past 8 years
Oh so playoff appearances isn't the best measure of division strength?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so playoff appearances isn't the best measure of division strength?

Don't be afraid to look under the covers

Chad Pennington being the 2nd best QB in the division since 2001 says it a lot too

Don't argue just to argue when you know the division is laughable every year

The Pats are in the SB, enjoy it

I wish the Giants played the Jets Bill and Dolphins twice a year

Wanna give me the Giants record vs that division over the past decade?

Be sure to include the postseason

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be afraid to look under the covers

Chad Pennington being the 2nd best QB in the division since 2001 says it a lot too

Don't argue just to argue when you know the division is laughable every year

The Pats are in the SB, enjoy it

I wish the Giants played the Jets Bill and Dolphins twice a year

Wanna give me the Giants record vs that division over the past decade?

Be sure to include the postseason
Don't be afraid to look at facts
Average wins for the 2nd-4th place teams over the last 15 years:
AFC East: 7.2
AFC North: 7.0
AFC West: 6.8
AFC South: 6.6

It says very little, it gives an implied result without looking at actual results, which I have provided

Somehow the division is laughable every year, and yet the 2-4 teams win more games on average than any division in the AFC

I will enjoy it

Against the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins; the Giants are 8-1 so I'm sure you would. I'd love for the Pats to play the Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins twice a year. Pats record against those 3 teams over the last decade: 8-1

Sure, it's 11-3.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be afraid to look at facts
Average wins for the 2nd-4th place teams over the last 15 years:
AFC East: 7.2
AFC North: 7.0
AFC West: 6.8
AFC South: 6.6

It says very little, it gives an implied result without looking at actual results, which I have provided

Somehow the division is laughable every year, and yet the 2-4 teams win more games on average than any division in the AFC

I will enjoy it

Against the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins; the Giants are 8-1 so I'm sure you would. I'd love for the Pats to play the Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins twice a year. Pats record against those 3 teams over the last decade: 8-1

Sure, it's 11-3.

Pats are an awesome team, most every season, regardless of what division they play in

I don't think saying they have the easiest path to the postseason in the NFL "most" years is unfair or negates them being a great team

Are there outlier seasons where they aren't the worst division? Of course

But in a 17-18 year capsule, the path for the Pats would have been tougher in any other division in the NFL

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are an awesome team, most every season, regardless of what division they play in

I don't think saying they have the easiest path to the postseason in the NFL "most" years is unfair or negates them being a great team

Are there outlier seasons where they aren't the worst division? Of course

But in a 17-18 year capsule, the path for the Pats would have been tougher in any other division in the NFL
1. Agreed.

2. Well that just isn't true

3. I've proven that to be incorrect.