• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your 2021 surprise team that comes out of nowhere to make a run to the playoffs?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say none of them
Keep Going Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be the soon to be London Jaguars. If not by week 16 Meyer will have had an episode with his heart.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start of a game or 2nd half?

Start of a game. Week two. When the Broncos take a trip to Jacksonville. Meyer wants Tebow to show Denver what they let go 10 years ago.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be funny if Meyer benches Lawrence for Tebow.
The Lord and Savior is already penciled in as the backup at moment.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start of a game. Week two. When the Broncos take a trip to Jacksonville. Meyer wants Tebow to show Denver what they let go 10 years ago.
Forward pass completions that you can count on 1 hand?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals seems like they have a pretty good roster and with Burrow coming back healthy, they'll be a tough out for most teams. They'll be right there in the WC run.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants will be sitting in last place in the east by the end of the season.

Receivers last year were last place in YAC and 2nd in drops? And Jones had off-schedule turnover issues? Its incredible they didn't go something like 1-15 last year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals might have the best chance with Burrow being as great as he is.

I would also say Chargers but I think that's more expected than out of nowhere with how great he was as a rookie and the talent on that roster.

Could also see a perfect storm scenario where the Lions make a run if Rodgers does sit the year out and Dan Campbell's intensity is able to motivate that Lions team to win a lot of close games before that wears off after a year. But they could also very easily end up with the #1 overall lick in next years draft.
The Lions are a great unknown, how much of their terrible Defense was coaching, and how much of it was talent. I don't doubt that Glenn is a big upgrade as a coach, but you don't have historically bad unless both parts are bad.

I don't think the scheme change will matter until the Lions have a few good off-seasons. I love the Brockers and the rookies added to the dline though. Good first step.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it on the bengals board. That offense is dirty good. If the d is marginally better they will cause problems. Because the offense will produce at a high level
Bengals could be a good pick. They lost a fair amount of their games by less than 2 scores (I think it was 6 or 7 games by less than 10 points). If the OL is even marginally better, that offense with a healthy Burrow, Higgins, Chase, Boyd, Mixon is really good.

Defensively - I'm not a fan of the D-Cord for Cincy, but the defense should be better this year by default of health.

At one point the defense was without 6-7 starters for long stretches of the year, including losing both starting DT's for the year, their #1 CB for the year.

IIRC, there was a stretch where they were without their top 4 DL, top 3 CB's all in the same, or relatively close, stretch. The defense was brutally bad, but it's really hard to say how good/bad they would have been if they hadn't been hit so hard at so many positions. You lose 1 guy on DL and 1 DB, maybe a LB - and teams have depth. When you lose your top 4 DL and top 3 CB's....there just isn't a way to cover all of that at one time.

Only downside is that they share the division with a really good Ravens team, an improved Browns, and the Steelers.

**edit - lost 7 games by 8 points or less. Improved offense scores 3-7 more points, and defense prevents 3-7 more points....suddenly that's a pretty good flip on the record.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the Bengals we are going to see if Burrow is good or if Burrow is special. The Bengals oline just look ok. Decent tackles, not much else. But a special QB that can extend plays can work with an ok oline. The Bengals WRs could be special. Not a guarantee because they're young but that offense could really pop.

They might possibly have the worst coaching in the league and one the hardest schedules in the AFC. NFC North, AFC West, Browns 2x, Steelers 2x, Ravens 2x, Niners, Jags, Jets. I think they'll be better in 2022.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably have to say the Bears. With Dalton, they finally have an HOF caliber QB1 that will be able to lead them pretty deep into the playoffs. Some of this will is in relation to how well Brady performs. NFC teams are going to have to go through Brady.