• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who Is the Greatest Quarterback of All Time?

Who is the greatest quarterback of all time? (Choices listed in alphabetical order by last name.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trophies are a team accomplishment. Just in this thread we had a skit about how great Edelman is, Hoody, the NE defense, etc. Not once has Brady won the SB when his defense was sub-par.

In 2014 they were 24th against the run, 16th against the pass and 13th in total points and total yards. That's pretty meh if you ask me. Their defense was so mediocre that Little Rusty Wilson was able to carve them up for huge play after huge play in SB 49.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course its because of the rings that "Most" of them think it
I could just as easily say that everyone arguing against Brady thinks that the defense carried them to championships and think he's a system QB who would suck without Belichick. And those who think Rodgers is better think that the defense is atrocious and he has an invisible running game, and I'm going to call out those points with facts. Both sides are stupid arguments.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014 they were 24th against the run, 16th against the pass and 13th in total points and total yards. That's pretty meh if you ask me. Their defense was so mediocre that Little Rusty Wilson was able to carve them up for huge play after huge play in SB 49.
Not once did they rank below 16th in DVOA in any of Brady's SB wins. Some flirt with 16th, but none were ever bad defenses. Some could be debated to be sure. A bad run defense is more of an accessory than a damning trait in this era, however.

Reactions: GNG

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is many are arguing this team or that teams D sucked:puke:
Do a better job at building a well balanced team. There is a cap. So a player's accomplishments shouldn't be predicated on ineptness of his team, coaches or GMs. Players make the decision after their 1st contract (unless ur name is Manning) if they want to win they move on or renegotiate contracts so the team is more competative.

In this case, you've got the Patriots who have gone after a lot of free agents whereas the Packers rarely do. Why would I hold that against the one position in the discussion at hand? Again....against the Falcons last year, the Patriots defense held Atlanta in check in the second half, and relied on other lucky factors for New England to win. The Packers defense kept allowing Atlanta to score in the second half, which pretty much eliminates any chance of a Packers win barring something incredibly stupid.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it's kinda funny to say that you have to "watch the game" to see that Rodgers is better than Brady, but if you actually did watch the game, you would know that the Patriots defense was not that good THIS year. There's a reason they were 16th in the NFL in defensive DVOA.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not once did they rank below 16th in DVOA in any of Brady's SB wins. Some flirt with 16th, but none were ever bad defenses. Some could be debated to be sure. A bad run defense is more of an accessory than a damning trait in this era, however.

I'm less interested in DVOA than I am the WAR stat in baseball, if that's possible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm flabbergasted that this became a Tom Brady thread:pound:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it's kinda funny to say that you have to "watch the game" to see that Rodgers is better than Brady, but if you actually did watch the game, you would know that the Patriots defense was not that good THIS year. There's a reason they were 16th in the NFL in defensive DVOA.
I tend to agree in some respects. I can sorta buy that they were too harshly judged by their soft schedule however at the same time. In weighted DVOA, they were still 11th mind you which is somewhat more useful to me in terms of contenders come playoff time; at least in my opinion. I don't think they were elite by any means, but solid and respectable to be sure; even if flawed at noticeable spots and positions.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but the probability of reaching the SB (and therefore winning it) is increased via seeding.
Too many small factors that get ignored when just using rings

Its ok to think Brady is the greatest ever

But if Vinatieri wasnt superman, if Malcolm Butler, if the Tuck Rule, etc....Brady came so close to winning or losing a few more or a few less, its hard for me to just conclude coming out on the winning end makes him the greatest ever.....
Why do you keep bringing up the ring thing? The only time NE fans bring rings into the equation is when trying to seperate QBs of similar stats. Again stats and hardware are both team accomplishments. Sorry fantasy geeks.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree in some respects. I can sorta buy that they were too harshly judged by their soft schedule however at the same time. In weighted DVOA, they were still 11th mind you which is somewhat more useful to me in terms of contenders come playoff time; at least in my opinion. I don't think they were elite by any means, but solid and respectable to be sure; even if flawed at noticeable spots and positions.
Agreed, they definitely played better at the end of the year and you could tell. But everyone knew the competition they faced was pretty bad, especially the QB position.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally cool with that, but there's good reason the Colts and Packers get hammered as organizations in these debates be it coaching or the FO and GM in the case of the Colts. They underwhelm despite a top shelf QB.
You won't get an arguement from me.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen me? I'm missing.

Glamore(57).jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could just as easily say that everyone arguing against Brady thinks that the defense carried them to championships and think he's a system QB who would suck without Belichick. And those who think Rodgers is better think that the defense is atrocious and he has an invisible running game, and I'm going to call out those points with facts. Both sides are stupid arguments.

Rodgers loses a lot of postseason games because his defense plays dreadfully

I cant think of any losses Brady has in a postseason game because of his defense

Im sure they are there, but none stick out