• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who Is the Greatest Quarterback of All Time?

Who is the greatest quarterback of all time? (Choices listed in alphabetical order by last name.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there are plenty examples of that not being true at all. And even if the defense did stop them, would Rodgers have been able to come back even when it was 17-0? Because when he got the ball 17-0 he went 3 and out, INT, 3 and out. It was 31-0 in that game. Of course the defense was playing like dog shit, but the offense was too.

He didn't have to be perfect to beat Seattle in 2014, he just didn't have to play like crap. He didn't have to be perfect to beat Arizona in 2015, he just didn't have to play like crap.

First 2 drives of that game, Rodgers drives downfield, Crosby misses chip shot

Rodgers drives downfield, RB fumbles on the 2

17-0 the next time he sees the ball, not much different than what Brady had to face, minus the huge defensive plays that allowed Brady the space to be great, and he was

Against Arizona, he made 2 miraculous throws to send that game to OT, with Jeff Janis running as his #1 WR that game.........We cant ignore every detail, having Jeff Janis as your #1 WR is a huge sidenote to that game

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

17-0 the next time he sees the ball, not much different than what Brady had to face, minus the huge defensive plays that allowed Brady the space to be great, and he was

The Falcons got a quick TD at the end of the half, and took all but two plays to get another to start their series off in the second half. All of these factors make for a completely demoralizing atmosphere. Rodgers certainly wasn't at his MVP (and best QB in the league) level in that game, but he's basically the reason why the Packers made it to the NFCCG.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Against Arizona, he made 2 miraculous throws to send that game to OT, with Jeff Janis running as his #1 WR that game.........We cant ignore every detail, having Jeff Janis as your #1 WR is a huge sidenote to that game
And if the Patriots lost that game, I wouldn't say it was because the defense didn't play well. I would say it was because everyone on the team sucked that day.

Yeah I'm not saying he didn't do incredible things in that game, but that's 2 throws. He played like crap leading up to that.

Whoopie, at least Janis is 6'3. Pats scored 34 points throwing to Reche Caldwell. Is there going to be an excuse for every Rodgers loss? Because that's just a lame argument. They scored 20 points, and the defense held the Cardinals to 20 points in regulation. Come on. Rodgers didn't have to be "perfect" to win that game.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the Patriots lost that game, I wouldn't say it was because the defense didn't play well. I would say it was because everyone on the team sucked that day.

Yeah I'm not saying he didn't do incredible things in that game, but that's 2 throws. He played like crap leading up to that.

Whoopie, at least Janis is 6'3. Pats scored 34 points throwing to Reche Caldwell. Is there going to be an excuse for every Rodgers loss? Because that's just a lame argument. They scored 20 points, and the defense held the Cardinals to 20 points in regulation. Come on. Rodgers didn't have to be "perfect" to win that game.

There are excuses and there are reasons

Jeff Janis, a perennial practice squad player, a guy that doesnt see the field when the team is at full health, being the #1 WR in a playoff game, is a pretty valid reason an offense could struggle

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeff Janis, a perennial practice squad player, a guy that doesnt see the field when the team is at full health, being the #1 WR in a playoff game, is a pretty valid reason an offense could struggle

And for the record, Rodgers was also not great that night, like you said

Just like i can list 8-10 games Brady was not great in a postseason game

My point is, he has to be great if they are ever gonna win in the postseason, mostly

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright fine. So you're saying that Rodgers had to be perfect in that game for them to win?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, Rodgers was also not great that night, like you said

Just like i can list 8-10 games Brady was not great in a postseason game

My point is, he has to be great if they are ever gonna win in the postseason, mostly
I'm not the one claiming that Brady has to be perfect for them to win a playoff game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, just based on resume. Hard to argue against Brady.

On pure ability, I think Rodgers is unfathomably good.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the votes, just saying.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad voters knew how good Unitas was edging out Marino for 3rd place

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, just based on resume. Hard to argue against Brady.

On pure ability, I think Rodgers is unfathomably good.

Put Rodgers in that New England offense and I expect they'd have won at least as many Super Bowls.
Brady's ability to compartmentalize his life is James Bond impressive though.
I admire the self control it takes to be a great QB and still live life to it's fullest.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Rodgers in that New England offense and I expect they'd have won at least as many Super Bowls.
I admire the self control it takes to be a great QB and still live life to it's fullest.

Put Brady in that Falcon's offense and they would win 10 SB's in a row

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the ease with which this constantly stated about many different QB's, is rather silly. Brady has put that team on his back many times, and absolutely earned those rings.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the ease with which this constantly stated about many different QB's, is rather silly. Brady has put that team on his back many times, and absolutely earned those rings.

Some people don't realize that some guys have ice in veins , shine and don't fold when the chips are down. Peyton was one of the best during reg season, once he got rattled in playoffs, it was all over. Only 2 4th Q comebacks in all his playoff games, AR has 1 and TB has 10. A few years ago 7 points was the biggest 2nd half deficit in the SB and the Pats were down 10 in the 4th Q vs Seattle and down 25 against ATL late in 3rd Q

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone would argue against Brady earning his rings, but so did the other 52 men on those rosters. Oh yeah, and so did Bill Belichick, the rest of the coaching staff and the front office.

The Patriots have had a top 10 defense in over a dozen years Brady has been under center, and it took a top 10 defense to help win those Super Bowls. (Rodgers and the Packers could have won last year had their defense only given up 21 points.) The Packers have only had two top 10 defense with Rodgers, and he needed that defense to assist him in winning his Super Bowl.

I have watched every Packers game with Rodgers under center, and due to the fact that they're the Patriots,I have gotten to see a LOT of Brady's games. Brady has made some absolutely incredible plays. However, I have not seen a single play Brady made, that Aaron Rodgers hasn't equaled or topped. Their passing stats are amazingly similar over their career. However, Brady isn't anywhere near Rodger's level when it comes to mobility.

In the Packers playoff loss to the Giants several years ago, Rodgers ran seven times for almost 10 YPC, picking up seven first downs, Leading the team in rushing because he didn't have a running game to count on. Please show me a game where Brady had any kind of ground game like that. Add to this game, the receiver corp was credited with eight dropped passes. His one INT came on the last offensive play in the fourth quarter where the ball got tipped at the line of scrimmage. The Giants were the better team that day, you'll never hear me say otherwise, but Rodgers was the best player on the field, without question.

There is no clear-cut definition of GOAT. There's no formula that says "if you accomplish these tasks here, you are the GOAT". It is strictly a matter of opinion. Some people credit team accomplishments when they decide their opinion, others don't. I can't change the minds of people that disagree with me, and they are entitled to their opinions. And I'm entitled to mine. I'll take the QB that can make any throw the MSM GOAT can, plus add mobility this MSM GOAT can only dream of, any day of the week. The fact that Brady had top 10 defenses assist with his team accomplishments, doesn't weigh a whole lot to me when deciding who the GOAT is.

Last edited:

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people don't realize that some guys have ice in veins , shine and don't fold when the chips are down. Peyton was one of the best during reg season, once he got rattled in playoffs, it was all over. Only 2 4th Q comebacks in all his playoff games, AR has 1 and TB has 10. A few years ago 7 points was the biggest 2nd half deficit in the SB and the Pats were down 10 in the 4th Q vs Seattle and down 25 against ATL late in 3rd Q

Brady has made his share of mistakes in Super Bowls, Montana on the other hand never threw an int in a SB. Also Rodgers is not just some random QB, he is easily the highest rated QB to ever play the game.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady has been good but for from always the best player of the field in SBs.
It's not accurate to say he put those teams on his back, with the exception of the 4th quarter in this year's game.