• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who Is the Greatest Quarterback of All Time?

Who is the greatest quarterback of all time? (Choices listed in alphabetical order by last name.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, Brady has ice in his veins.

Only thing I'll say is just a tad bit misleading, is AR's post-season 4th quarter comebacks. He's nowhere near Brady, but only having one makes it appear that he's a choker. When you go through his post-season resume. He led in most 4th quarters, or was beaten by a superior team.

In 2010, when he won the SB, they led in all four 4th quarters vs PHI, ATL, CHI, PIT.

2011 was really his only possible "choke" vs NYG.

2012, beat up on Minnesota. Got beat up on by SF.

2013, came back to take SF to the wire, but Kaep went down the field and setup a GW FG as time expired in Lambeau. He also missed the second half of the season up until week 17. When he came back from a 4Q deficit, scored two TD's late and pulled off a crazy win in the final seconds to take the NFC North title from the Bears, in essentially a playoff game.

2014, I believe was the lone 4Q comeback vs Dallas and then they dominated Seattle. Only to lose on a miracle, onside kick and a score inside the last two minutes. Which he sat on the bench for. Then went down and tied the game in one minute. To force OT, which they lost immediately.

2015, they beat up on WSH, and then he forced OT on the final play of the game vs AZ and they never saw the ball in OT.

2016, he beat the hell out of NYG, then beat Dallas in a ridiculously tight game that he led the GW drive on. Then they got beat up on by ATL.

Brady is probably the most clutch QB of all-time and the GOAT, IMO. However, he has had a lot of legendary opportunities as well. I suppose that comes along with being good enough to create that. However, I can't fault Rodgers for his playoff wins being decisive and him not needing to comeback. Then, the fact that late in games, they have lost after he did his part... only to see the defense fail or meltdown. I think Rodgers has proven to be quite clutch as well.
Just a couple things:

2010: They led in the 4th quarter against the Bears, but because his defense had a pick-6
2014: They dominated Seattle, but not because Rodgers played well
2015: Yes, he forced OT against Arizona and had 13 total points on offense leading up to that Hail Mary, not a good game for him

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is awesome

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously 4 gold medals in the Olympics beats 5 gold and 2 silver

Clearly the best QB of all time was non other than the Wonderlic kid himself,
Uncle Rico.....
stupidman7rj.jpg

Dialed in at a whopping 6 !!!!!....VY is the GOAT. :heh:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm trying to grasp this definition of "clutch" and being able to come from behind to win. Seems a lot of people think that you just need an elite QB to start putting points on the board in the second half. This all well and good, I can can see the logic, for the most part. But I, personally, feel you also need a defense that can stop the other team from scoring. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know who you think is disagreeing with you dude.

Brady had solid defense's... and he won 5 SB's, went to two others. That is what the GOAT is supposed to do with solid defensive play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty disingenuous of you to act like a QB's performance isn't the most pivotal part to 99% of SB winning teams. We all know how far the weight of a QB's play goes. Which is why wins and rings do come into the equation on their individual resume.

99%? Really? One example: was Jim McMahon 99% responsible for the Bears' Super Bowl win?

Rodgers had the league's #1 overall defense when he won his only Super Bowl. We'll take that Super Bowl off of the board for Rodgers then. Right?

Maybe it would have gotten Rodgers an additional ring. Maybe not. You're judged by what you accomplished. Not by what you MIGHT have accomplished in a hypothetical scenario.

We'll take it off the board if you take all of Brady's off the board. You don't get what I'm saying. In the NFL it takes all 53 men to win. If Brady or Rodgers played defense or special teams, I'd probably say different. You think the Bears would have won a SB without Singletary? Or the Ravens without Lewis? Or the Packers, even, without Reggie White or Charles Woodson? Do you want me to go on?

Well, that's just false. Brady can make any throw that any QB has ever made... ever. No one is saying that he has anywhere near the mobility Rodgers does, but don't be silly about his accuracy and ability to thread the needle. Brady was better than any QB I have ever seen at the end of that SB.

I said myself that in terms of raw ability, Rodgers may be the GOAT. However, Brady has every accomplishment there is and the perfect resume. Rodgers really doesn't have anything on him... just on a pure resume basis. If he wins a couple more, we'll talk at the end of his career.

Brady is undoubtedly an elite QB. I'm not saying he can't make every throw. I'm just saying I have not seem him throw the hail mary's Rodgers has or that pass to Jared Cook in last year's playoffs. BTW, I only bring up the hail marys because he has completed so many recently, and they actually are designed plays. Normally I do credit the success of plays like that to both luck and ability, but Rodgers seems to have a "little more luck" when it comes to these plays.

Huh? Show you where Brady ever ran for a bunch of yards? No shit I cannot. However, I can show you playoff games where he receiver little or no support from a run game or defense. Overcoming that in different ways than running, and winning. I mean, Brady didn't really have a good ground game this past year. In the Super Bowl, his RB's ran for 89 yards on 24 carries.

You don't think Brady has ever lost where he's been the best player on the field either?

James White, in many people's opinion, was the true MVP of last year's SB. Two rushing TDs one receiving. Just saying.

99%? Really? One example: was Jim McMahon 99% responsible for the Bears' Super Bowl win?

What? The whole point of stating 99% instead of 100%, was to acknowledge the occasional exception. It's rare, but sure... it happens. Also, McMahon was a pro bowler... and those Bears teams never made it back, large in part to McMahon's injuries. Coincidence? It's certainly up for debate.

You're being very disingenuous if you don't acknowledge that a QB has the biggest impact of any player on the field, pertaining to the team's overall success.

You think the Bears would have won a SB without Singletary? Or the Ravens without Lewis? Or the Packers, even, without Reggie White or Charles Woodson? Do you want me to go on?

As I said, defense is VERY important. What do you want dude? However, there is no arguing that a QB's play impacts the game more directly than any other position.

No one is saying that a QB is judged on SB's alone, it's merely apart of an equation.

Brady is undoubtedly an elite QB. I'm not saying he can't make every throw. I'm just saying I have not seem him throw the hail mary's Rodgers has or that pass to Jared Cook in last year's playoffs. BTW, I only bring up the hail marys because he has completed so many recently, and they actually are designed plays. Normally I do credit the success of plays like that to both luck and ability, but Rodgers seems to have a "little more luck" when it comes to these plays.

Wait.... wait... HAIL MARY'S!? He's the GOAT, because he completed a few HAIL MARY'S!?

The hell? LMAO

James White, in many people's opinion, was the true MVP of last year's SB. Two rushing TDs one receiving. Just saying.

What planet do you live on? I have not heard anyone imply that, at all. Brady was the MVP, and no one questioned it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we'll agree to disagree. First in your post you tried using a hail Mary as a quality to seperate AR from TB and others. Sorry it's not. It's all luck. Scramble giving your players enough time to get to the end zone. Chuck and duck and HOPE your players out jump the opponent for the ball. There is very little athleticism involved in it from the QB. The thing AR does better is he can scramble and throw deeper both physical abilities. 2nd you tried to make a comparison that a Hail Mary should be considered a come back and "clutch". Again we can agree to disagree.

He makes it sound like a Hail Mary is the Packers bread and butter on offense. lol

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? The whole point of stating 99% instead of 100%, was to acknowledge the occasional exception. It's rare, but sure... it happens. Also, McMahon was a pro bowler... and those Bears teams never made it back, large in part to McMahon's injuries. Coincidence? It's certainly up for debate.

You're being very disingenuous if you don't acknowledge that a QB has the biggest impact of any player on the field, pertaining to the team's overall success.

You think the Bears would have won a SB without Singletary? Or the Ravens without Lewis? Or the Packers, even, without Reggie White or Charles Woodson? Do you want me to go on?

As I said, defense is VERY important. What do you want dude? However, there is no arguing that a QB's play impacts the game more directly than any other position.

No one is saying that a QB is judged on SB's alone, it's merely apart of an equation.

Wait.... wait... HAIL MARY'S!? He's the GOAT, because he completed a few HAIL MARY'S!?

The hell? LMAO

What planet do you live on? I have not heard anyone imply that, at all. Brady was the MVP, and no one questioned it.
I did hear the James White for MVP a bit after the Super Bowl. Can't remember who mentioned it on here but some were saying he should have won it. I'm not sure how anyone could have watched that game and came to the conclusion that anyone other than Brady was the MVP though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did hear the James White for MVP a bit after the Super Bowl. Can't remember who mentioned it on here but some were saying he should have won it. I'm not sure how anyone could have watched that game and came to the conclusion that anyone other than Brady was the MVP though.

Brady did deserve the MVP but James White had a heck of a game and rightfully so should have been in the covo for MVP.

14 rec 110yds 1TD
6 car 29yds 2TD's

20 total touches for almost 140yds and 3 TD's, pretty impressive.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady did deserve the MVP but James White had a heck of a game and rightfully so should have been in the covo for MVP.

14 rec 110yds 1TD
6 car 29yds 2TD's

No doubt he had a tremendous game, not denying that.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the best QB of all time was non other than the Wonderlic kid himself,
Uncle Rico.....
stupidman7rj.jpg

Dialed in at a whopping 6 !!!!!....VY is the GOAT. :heh:

OS your young, compared to Moses that is, but this guy couldn't shine Johnny U's knob or shoes:suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

14 rec 110yds 1TD
6 car 29yds 2TD's

Brady realized how important he was, thus the MVP truck going to him. He also knew Butler was huge and gave him the truck, not sure if any other QB or MVP has done that before. They were talking about Brady on NFLN, GMF program how when he was offered a commercial for AMEX, he would only accept if his O-line was in the commercial and they had the lines, pretty cool

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady realized how important he was, thus the MVP truck going to him. He also knew Butler was huge and gave him the truck, not sure if any other QB or MVP has done that before. They were talking about Brady on NFLN, GMF program how when he was offered a commercial for AMEX, he would only accept if his O-line was in the commercial and they had the lines, pretty cool

What a wonderful human

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That too me shows massive amount of respect to his linemen, RB's and WR's that he wouldn't be the player he is today without those guys on the field.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who says that, just doesn't like Brady. Completely absurd.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a wonderful human

He's no Eli but not half bad. Eli would have honored his teammate by driving the truck for like 10 years and putting on 200k miles first. People like his game worn equipment too, collector's dreams

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys seem to think that I don't recogni
He makes it sound like a Hail Mary is the Packers bread and butter on offense. lol
I don't actually. In fact I don't see how anyone could even assume that from what I said. It's a small part of his game, and he's very good at it. Of course a lot of luck is involved, but it also takes a lot of practice and incredible accuracy.

For example, the one against the Lions was actually drawn up for the WRs to go deep in the end zone to draw the DBs there while Richard Rodgers hung out just outside the end zone until the ball came down to him.

Just to show you the kind of accuracy Aaron has, check these out:

Sorry this first one won't embed. You'll actually have to click on it.
Rodgers goes nothing but net

Four times Rodgers drops the ball on a dime from over 40 yards away. Twice in a row in one instance. That's not luck. Most NFL QBs will never make this throw once.

Hail Mary's alone do not make my point. Everything I've brought up makes my point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be. They seem to need to go to it often enough:noidea:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys seem to think that I don't recogni

I don't actually. In fact I don't see how anyone could even assume that from what I said. It's a small part of his game, and he's very good at it. Of course a lot of luck is involved, but it also takes a lot of practice and incredible accuracy.

For example, the one against the Lions was actually drawn up for the WRs to go deep in the end zone to draw the DBs there while Richard Rodgers hung out just outside the end zone until the ball came down to him.

Just to show you the kind of accuracy Aaron has, check these out:

Sorry this first one won't embed. You'll actually have to click on it.
Rodgers goes nothing but net

Four times Rodgers drops the ball on a dime from over 40 yards away. Twice in a row in one instance. That's not luck. Most NFL QBs will never make this throw once.

Hail Mary's alone do not make my point. Everything I've brought up makes my point.
One of your points is pointless.